It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

§ 772. When wearing by persons not on active duty authorized

(c) A retired officer of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title and wear the uniform of his retired grade.

(e) A person not on active duty who served honorably in time of war in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title, and, when authorized by regulations prescribed by the President, wear the uniform, of the highest grade held by him during that war.

(g) An officer or resident of a veterans’ home administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs may wear such uniform as the Secretary of the military department concerned may prescribe.

www.law.cornell.edu...

and the DOD regs

3.2. Former members of the Armed Forces, unless under another provision of this Instruction or under the terms of Section 772 of title 10, United States Code (reference (d)), who served honorably during a declared or undeclared war and whose most recent service was terminated under honorable conditions may wear the uniform in the highest grade held during such war service only on the following occasions and in the course of travel incident thereto:

3.2.1. Military funerals, memorial services, weddings, and inaugurals.

3.2.2. Parades on National or State holidays; or other parades or ceremonies of a patriotic character in which any Active or Reserve United States military unit is taking part.

3.2.3. Wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any other purposes is prohibited.

3.3. Medal of Honor holders may wear the uniform at their pleasure except under the circumstances set forth in paragraph 3.1., above.

Whats the applicable prohibition in 3.1?

It is DoD policy that:
3.1. The wearing of the uniform by members of the Armed Forces (including retired members and members of Reserve components) is prohibited under any of the following circumstances:

3.1.3. Except when authorized by the approval authorities in subparagraph 4.1.1., when participating in activities such as unofficial public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies or any public demonstration, which may imply Service sanction of the cause for which the demonstration or activity is conducted.

www.dtic.mil...

So in order for them to wear the uniform legally in a demonstration, the SecDef has to say its ok, if they are considered still in reserve. If they are no longer in reserve status, they can't wear it legally in a demonstration.

Medal of Honor holders also have to get permission from the SecDef to wear their uniform in a demonstration.

So its highly improbable, but not impossible.

edit on 2/10/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by beezzer

I keep saying Wall Street is not the real enemy.....

Amen, brother. Wall Street is the strawman that has been created by those attached to the current administration. It's deflection, pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

There would most likely be provisions for these scenarios.

but see, that's my point ... "there would probably be" ... just isn't good enough.
ppl cross borders for medical treatments all the time, sometimes legally sometimes not.
ppl cross borders to evade prosecution, daily.
ppl cross borders for a variety of nefarious reasons and this plan does nothing to alleviate the 'problems'.

even destroying the FR without a plan of recovery is just plain silly.

Well that's why we are where we are. We are all looking into that haunted forest, starving. Some of us are saying there might be food in it and the others are saying there are still monsters in it. I'm willing to roll the dice than die a slow death.

But I can definitely understand your hesitation.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LOL okay for the RECORD, I am NOT a guy...I got called a guy earlier too

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

These protests are everywhere though. Even if they're misguided the change can and will still happen if they shut down so many important areas. Doesn't matter who the "bad guy" is, this will hopefully root them out from their rock.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Apologies, ma'am.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

On a serious note if these protestors would all flock to the FED and demand a few resignations and insist Congress appoint Ron Paul to supervise an immediate audit they would gain my respect and support.....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Misguided protests can quickly and easily turn into mobs, hooliganism and become tools for demogogues.

We have to be real careful about these types of events or they will get out of hand.

They can be a force for great good but they can also cause great harm if not guided responsibly.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

I agree, as long as they stay peaceful and are willing to listen to views and ideas other than the narrow far left stance they currently have. They need to get real about demands and maintain order to gain the support of The People....not just more pissed off youth. Get the power of The People behind them and that will speak for itself

link   

reply to post by beezzer

I get called a Dude sometimes...

link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by beezzer

These protests are everywhere though. Even if they're misguided the change can and will still happen if they shut down so many important areas. Doesn't matter who the "bad guy" is, this will hopefully root them out from their rock.
But these protests consist of such a narrow spectrum. A true protest would include everyone, of every stripe. This is partisan-driven towards a specific agenda.
This is not inclusive.
edit on 2-10-2011 by beezzer because: T

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

On a serious note if these protestors would all flock to the FED and demand a few resignations and insist Congress appoint Ron Paul to supervise an immediate audit they would gain my respect and support.....

No. These protesters need to be in DC where the laws that the bankers abuse are written.

This is a gross misdirection.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Cuervo

curious question -- since i am not familiar with NY, are these Wall St protests addressing or encompassing the FR branch there simultaneously and i'm just unaware or what, exactly?

i'm all for disabling the FR, in every aspect it ever existed.
everything stemming from it is fraudulent in one form or another, including Wall St

I'm not familiar with NY either but they are wanting to put the federal reserve back in to the hands of congress. If you want to abolish the federal reserve through congress, they need to possess it first. So, whether or not they want to destroy it, they are certainly setting up the pathway for it to be dismantled. Cart before the horse and all that jazz.

ps edit - As far as the FL delay, it's up to them locally. My area's not doing it for another five days. Not sure what the hold up is other than ensuring it will start with a bang and not a trickle. Your guess is as good as mine.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Cuervo because:
edit on 2-10-2011 by Cuervo because: FL response

"back in the hands of Congress" ?? ... someone is telling a tale because Congress never controlled the FR.
The creation of the FR specifically moved all aspects of currency out of the Constitutional control of Congress and then began their journey of perpetual deceit, thievery, market manipulating and speculation.
psssst, i never said anything about Congress participating ... they can accompany the FR as far as i'm concerned.

got any linky for this?

So, whether or not they want to destroy it, they are certainly setting up the pathway for it to be dismantled.
i've seen no such information about a pathway being developed anywhere other than the good ole' spying on you site recently launched.

well, my guess is still travel time to get the appropriate agitators in place ... those shakers and movers always make an appearance at some point. best wishes to those in their way.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

DC needs cleaning up too but it is the FED devaluing our dollar..inflating and deflating things to suit their agenda..I say start there and Congress will pee down their legs....knowing they are next! They already dealt with the Tea Party...if these current protestors and come to a more reasonable center they would gain the support of many Tea Party folks....

History has a way of repeating itself when we forget or fail to learn lessons....to interrupt the current cycle we need EVERYONE to remember that United.....we stand. The protest has to be something the majority of The People stand for....at the moment it is not

I believe it could be, I hope it will....I hold my breath

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

Wow, that gas stuff is pretty intense. People vomiting and such. Thank you for sharing, it gives a good perspective.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This is interesting news, I've been following since day one. At first I was a bit skeptical as to how long or far it would go, especially when the cops started arresting & beating people. I thought these actions would just break up the whole thing and it would all gradually disappear, slowly. Instead it seems to be growing, slowly...but surely. People really are starting to wake up, finally ! This really could be the start of a victorious Revolution !

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

This guy is very much against the cops but watch the footage....it's not good. Not anything like Greece but some very unnecessary stuff from the authorities

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Shutting down wallstreet is 10 times more effective than protesting in DC. I live in DC, no one here gives a # when someone protests here.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

DC needs cleaning up too but it is the FED devaluing our dollar..inflating and deflating things to suit their agenda..I say start there and Congress will pee down their legs....knowing they are next! They already dealt with the Tea Party...if these current protestors and come to a more reasonable center they would gain the support of many Tea Party folks....

History has a way of repeating itself when we forget or fail to learn lessons....to interrupt the current cycle we need EVERYONE to remember that United.....we stand. The protest has to be something the majority of The People stand for....at the moment it is not

I believe it could be, I hope it will....I hold my breath

If we dn't start at the top, then things will never change. W are a society ruled by laws. Unless these lawschange, then nothing will change. The protesters are fghting a symptom, NOT the cause.

And that's what this administration wants. They (the current admin) doesn't want to enact real change. They will create new laws, new losses of freedom based on the actions taking place here and now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Skewed

To point out, the oath is also saying the member will defend the Constitution BEFORE taking orders from the President and the officers above them.

At least that is my interpretation and how I live by that very oath.

That is exactly correct Skewed..it is before the rest, so therefore takes precedence over the rest.

That's how it's written, that's how i take it too.

Gentlemen, that is not only how it was written, that is how it was intended. In contracts, which this oath is, written in the same time period as this oath was, unless specifically stated otherwise, the precedents of order were from start to finish.

The oath that so many of us were proud to take was intended for the purpose these Veteran Heroes are stepping up and letting themselves be known for.

To all veteran's on ATS, I thank you for your service, remember your oath and the reasons you took it.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join