It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I saw in the comment a call for oath keepers to join.
Anyone know on where they stand on this?

I agree about it not being wise to show up in full military uniform. The military will not look favorably on that.
I don't see a problem with wearing a t-shirt that expresses your military status though. IE "I AM FORMER US ARMY" or "I AM A US ARMY VET"

Surely that would be ok? I don't know the fine details, but I just remember they told us to be very, very careful of what we did and where we went in uniform.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I wonder how many people are now eating their words.

And here they come, unannounced and prepared to do what they swore to do.

I have heard it time and time again that our armed forces would turn on the civilians and how they could not be trusted. I hope this now relaxes those gross exaggerations.

Definitely. I've always maintained the idea that the police would turn their guns on us before the military does, and this just reassures me that most of our boys and girls will stand with us and not with the pigs that send them off to die needlessly over money.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
this was all planned

nwo's message is come out stand up and stand out

hello sheeple this displaces blame from zionis government banker elite (ustptb) to the rich but petty wall street bankers that are goin belly up anyways

link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Going by the NYPD's actions towards the protestors, It would not surprise me if the NYPD, tries to arrest these marines. They have done it before, to protestors who were not causing violence.

link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I saw in the comment a call for oath keepers to join.
Anyone know on where they stand on this?

I agree about it not being wise to show up in full military uniform. The military will not look favorably on that.
I don't see a problem with wearing a t-shirt that expresses your military status though. IE "I AM FORMER US ARMY" or "I AM A US ARMY VET"

Surely that would be ok? I don't know the fine details, but I just remember they told us to be very, very careful of what we did and where we went in uniform.

Any action taken against a service member who chooses to stand in between protestors and police should be met with outrage.

If a wall of vets stand to protect the people from state sponsored brutality, they're doing their job imo.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Way to go! Now that is showing allegiance to your country and its people! I have deep respect for people who inspire of the current or previous occupation within state, have the guts to stand up and say "Enough is enough!"

I hope this in turn will inspire more people to join the protests, and in the end that the best of the police forces will realize they are being manipulated to hurt the very people they have been put into the world to protect.

Stop the banks terrorism on mankind, stop their endless exploitation and manufacturing of invisible money.

And then I promise you... we in Europe will follow you in your example!
edit on 1/10/11 by flice because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ignant
this was all planned

nwo's message is come out stand up and stand out

hello sheeple this displaces blame from zionis government banker elite (ustptb) to the rich but petty wall street bankers that are goin belly up anyways

If you look at it, the bankers are the ones who run the government.

Washington will soon see it's streets flooded, if things continue the way they are. Then you'll get your wish.

link   
reply to post by hadriana

Yes that was the impression on got to when I clicked on the link to the thread. Would of been cool if true.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't know if the military can do anything about ex military showing up in their uniforms. They really aren't active anymore so I don't think there is much they can say or do about it. Then again they told us we are always their property too, even after we got out so I really have no clue how that works, I don't have my uniform anymore but I'd go stand with them to protect in civvies if I was able to just leave here today.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Sounds like you want them to fail.

Fail at what? They are going up there with no orders and no official standing. If the idea is to obstuct the police doing their job then of course they will fail. They will be jailed like any other protestor who gets out of line. The military protestors who are still active duty will likely face military charges when they are released. These guys are proving that you don't have to be too bright to be a Marine.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a group of marines are going to join and HELP protest.

I would imagine they would not really be able to *protect* anyone
as so much as say I and my buddies could go down there and *protect* someone.
The police officers authority trumps the marines in this case.
edit on 1-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I really admire your idealism but you are not living in the real world.
These Marines will not 'save" or "protect" the protesters.
They will be arrested along with the others.
The Marines are not your saviours. The US Military would as freely turn against its own citizens just as it has warred against those of other countries.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They might be Marines but the cops are still the ones wearing body armor and essentially holding all the aces (including nasties like LRAD). 15 Marines would make one short, though very tough line but they're still human.
I hope this does not lead to courts martial as another poster had pointed out. Getting involved in protests while in uniform is an offense under the code of military justice.
Best of luck to all of them all the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Fantastic news.

Good on those vets!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There are two things you don't mess with in america a mans wife or a soldier that defends his rights. If they attacked the soldiers they would have a real big problem.

link   

Originally posted by wasco2

And they won't have weapons and will be treated the same as any other demonstrator. If they try and get physical with the cops they will learn one Marine is not enough against six cops with batons and Tasers.
While true, I seriously doubt the cops want to start tasing combat vets. That could turn out very badly for the cops if their buddies saw that on TV and got pissed off about it. That actually could lead to a revolution if it seemed the cops where singling out veterans. There are a lot more veterans than there are cops. Some of us have been there and done that. According to the FBI, there are 708,569 cops in the US. There are 21.9 million living veterans(as of 2009), 9.8 million of them are between 18-64 and not on some sort of disability. I would say that the cops should be very careful.

See FBI Stats
Veteran Stats

link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Without comment either pro or con on the nature of the protest I simply comment that if servicemen do indeed appear in uniform they open themselves up to some pretty big problems with the service. The US Army (and all other services) highly regulate the wearing of the uniform. In the case of the US Army AR 670-1 governs this and states in part:

j. Wearing Army uniforms is prohibited in the following situations:
(1) In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests, or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment.
(2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.
(3) When attending any meeting or event that is a function of, or is sponsored by, an extremist organization. (4) When wearing the uniform would bring discredit upon the Army. (5) When specifically prohibited by Army regulations.

My experience is that this would be handled quickly by military police particularly with the advance warning that has now been given.

These guys are vets not active duty so I would venture to say the Military police have no jurisdiction here unless there is something in the enlistment contract the gives them jurisdiction after they are out.
edit on 1-10-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Clisen33

Going by the NYPD's actions towards the protestors, It would not surprise me if the NYPD, tries to arrest these marines. They have done it before, to protestors who were not causing violence.

Unfortunately, thats how the authorities will see it. They aren't paid to think.
You could wrap yourself in the American flag for all they care. They will still arrest you for blocking the sidewalk.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
I really admire your idealism but you are not living in the real world.
These Marines will not 'save" or "protect" the protesters.
They will be arrested along with the others.
The Marines are not your saviours. The US Military would as freely turn against its own citizens just as it has warred against those of other countries.

The Marines don't have to lift a hand.

Will a police officer raise his baton at, mace, or taser a veteran in uniform?

Let that happen, and a video of the incident goes viral within hours.

If they want to throw a lit cigarette into a pool of gasoline, by all means go ahead...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Sounds like a group of marines are going to join and HELP protest.

I would imagine they would not really be able to *protect* anyone
as so much as say I and my buddies could go down there and *protect* someone.
The police officers authority trumps the marines in this case.
edit on 1-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

It's not about authority in that sense. It's about the incentive that these people create, the inspiration and support. The protesters need to have their morale kept at a high point, and then you'll see how things can expand. It takes time to "convince" average Joe on the block that it is ok for him to get out on the street and say NO! to the state of things.

We have all been conditioned for so long that money and material goods is what is needed to have a happy life and that our so-called people elected officials are doing what is best for us and therefore we should be content.
You might have voted for the winner for whatever election, but you sure as hell didn't elect him to be candidate for the race... The ones who did put up the different candidates are the big corporations and banks. You have no say in that.
But you have always and will always have a right to get out there and say NO! when you think things are getting out of hand and that you and yours are being hurt because some idiot in a suit though it would be nice to expand his companies investments by several thousand % without passing anything on to you...

Banks have increased their risky investments with 60000% since 2009... how much more has the money you lend the bank so it could make investments increased in value??

That's why it's so important that even veterans get out there and show people that even though they might have put their lives at risk for their country at some point, that doesn't mean they will blindly roll over to one side once things start to look a damn lot more than ugly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join