It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
whah The A Team LOL!

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Admittedly, I haven’t read through all of the discussion because I’m too surprised at the responses I’ve read so far on ATS and the comments I’ve heard from the protesters on TV. So many on ATS are in favor of this protest and after reading the list below I can kind of see why. However, when I heard some of the people and groups supporting this thing (particularly communist Van Jones and the unions) I have to suspect there is MUCH more to this than meets the eye.

Let me first state that I am a former Marine and I respect the right of every American to voice their opinion. And I certainly wouldn’t begrudge these leather necks for joining in support of something they believe in.

Having said that, the people interviewed at these protests are complete BUFFOONS!! Many can’t articulate why they are even there! To me it seems more like every walk of life that has a grievance against the government (or are mad about ANYTHING in their life) have joined together to make a big scene. There is no solidarity like you find at any Tea Party rally. There is no unifying message. No two people I heard were there for the same reason. I heard one woman demanding that the rich have their wealth taken from them and redistributed to others. Fox news reported on a guy holding a sign demanding jobs. When asked if he had a job he said “I did have a job but I quit last week so I could protest”. Seriously???

I agree with all of the groups demands except #4 because I don’t support the liberal policy of wealth redistribution. There definitely needs to be some serious tax reform (Fair Tax) but the Robin Hood method is not the answer. This type of rhetoric is exactly what TPTB want to spread to keep people riled up and angry…..and the class warfare BS is working.

I appreciate the courage and determination of these people. I appreciate their willingness to stand up. But until this group gets a voice and really articulates one standard, coherent message that resonates with me I just can’t get behind it. It’s a total mess right now!!

I’m sure someone posted the “Specific Demand And Action List For Washington, DC” found on the Occupy Wall Street site but here it is if you haven’t read it: occupywallst.org...

1. INVESTIGATE, ARREST AND TRY THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS
2. CONGRESS ENACT LEGISLATION TO PROTECT OUR DEMOCRACY BY REVERSING THE EFFECTS OF THE CITIZENS UNITED SUPREME COURT DECISION
3. ACTION ON GLASS-STEAGALL en.wikipedia.org...–Steagall_Act ---
4. CONGRESS PASS THE BUFFETT RULE ON FAIR TAXATION SO THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE & CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOP HOLES INCLUDING PROHIBITION ON HIDING FUNDS OFF SHORE.
5. CONGRESS COMPLETELY REVAMP THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION AND STAFF IT AT HIGHEST AND LOWEST LEVELS WITH PROFESSIONALS WHO GET THE JOB DONE PROTECTING THE INTEGRITY OF THE MARKET THEREBY PROTECTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND INVESTORS.
6. RE-ESTABLISH THE PUBLIC AIRWAVES IN THE U.S. SO THAT POLITICAL CANDIDATES ARE GIVEN EQUAL TIME FOR FREE AT REASONABLE INTERVALS IN DAILY PROGRAMMING DURING CAMPAIGN SEASON.
7. CONGRESS ENACT SPECIFIC LAWS THAT EFFECTIVELY BUILD A WALL BETWEEN THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY AND THE U.S. MILITARY.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Bravo, protesters of all kinds. There are so very many more of you than of the So-Called Powers That Be. Rise up and defeat the Huns in your midst.

I pray for you that you all manage to settle your differences in Peace. The Marines should be gathered with you in ten minutes (they said they'd be there at 10PM EST.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I hope that they can resolve things peacefully, if they shoot on sight then we know mass riots will happen on both sides of the border.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Just for the record, everybody's got a different set of demands. Those are not the same ones as posted earlier in a different thread, but some of them may be restated differently.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Your point would have merit if the government and wall street were two separate entities, but all the big heads on Wall Street run our government:

www.businessinsider.com...

THE REVOLVING DOOR: 22 People Who Went From Wall Street To Washington To Wall Street

The list of Wall Streeters who have ended up with government jobs, and vice versa, is long.
Some would argue that the incestuous nature of the relationship and the revolving door between Washington and downtown Manhattan is dangerous......

Originally posted by neo96
well aint that grand

servicemen and vets going to help those people who normally spit on them and hate on them every chance they get

those protesters are nothing more the devout communists and marxists aka progressive liberals.

without wall street the world you know wouldnt exist no buffets,no google,no apple no nothing that they take for granted today.

here here lets legislate wealth no wait already doing that lets make wall street the boogieman here instead of the government and its lapdog the federal reserve who has destroyed more wealth in this country than anything.

this is ridiculous the number of people going along with that garabage.

wall street makes money the government prints and borrows it and devalues it and goes steals more when they blow it.

meh

edit on 1-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

do you seriously expect me to sit here and expect me to beleive that the most powerful entity in this country

gets on its knees for wall street?

give me a break wall street does not tell the us federal government what to do

the us government is the alpha and omega here

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by seabag

Just for the record, everybody's got a different set of demands. Those are not the same ones as posted earlier in a different thread, but some of them may be restated differently.

Thank you for pointing that out. That just shows that these people don't even agree why they are there. It may have started as a very patriotic venture (it may not have) but it has become a ridiculous spectacle. When you allow idiots to hijack your show you've got a leadership and public relations failure. The small handful of fools that inevitably show up at Tea Party rallies are promptly thrown out! This thing looks more and more like the garbage we saw last month in UK.....basic civil unrest. Who is in charge?? Looks like the mob is running wild!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by jacobe001

give me a break wall street does not tell the us federal government what to do

For once you are correct. Wall Street does not tell the government what to do.

Wall Street pays the government to do what they want them to do.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This, more then anything else, is why "Occupy Wall Street" won't accomplish much more then short-term attention. Lack of focus, lack of cohesive goals, lack of direction and lack of management. It was doomed before it started (as a movement)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

so do unions dont see anyone protesting them

second line doesnt see that either

no wait i get it only one side gets to do that

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
this is awesome... i hope those stupid head cops try to pepper spray these guys..it wont end well for the cops...lol

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

reply to post by dagobert

yeah sorry i should be calling them terrorists and racists and a myriad of other names

aw shucks i hurt their poor little ol feelings

no wait i really dont care

yah funny how DHS Is silent here but called Tea Partiers terrorist in brooks bros clothing. Where's Nancy Pelosis cries of the scary radicals she personally saw in the 60's ?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

so do unions dont see anyone protesting them

HUH???

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I have some bad vibes about the protest and cannot for the life of me figure out why?
Does anyone else feel it?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So to the members of our armed forces who are saying "I protect America not Wall Street," here's my question to you...

I own stocks. I'm a proud red-blooded American. I'm counting on said stocks doing well so I can afford to retire someday . . . and so are many Americans like me. If you aren't protecting Wall Street you are attacking ME. Please explain your actions as these are my American assets!

When the protestors want to seize someone else's assets it's bad news.
When the protestors want to seize MY assets it is pick-pocketing.

This is akin to thieves protesting against a security guard.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

whats even more funny is how those wall street protesters are getting treated ie defended and their political ideology with the stark contrast of how the tea party is treated

double standards.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
yes, boys and girls, keep supporting your troops.
support them when they invade neutral nations. (Iraq, Afghanistan)
support them when they torture prisoners. (abu ghraib)

and now... support them when they "Protect" US protesters.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This brings a tear to my eye. God bless those marines for doing what is right.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational
So to the members of our armed forces who are saying "I protect America not Wall Street," here's my question to you...

I own stocks. I'm a proud red-blooded American. I'm counting on said stocks doing well so I can afford to retire someday . . . and so are many Americans like me. If you aren't protecting Wall Street you are attacking ME. Please explain your actions as these are my American assets!

When the protestors want to seize someone else's assets it's bad news.
When the protestors want to seize MY assets it is pick-pocketing.

This is akin to thieves protesting against a security guard.

I have stocks as well. But at this point, personally, I would give it all up if it fixed things. It is a crooked system as it is, the odds are better in Vegas. My stocks have plummeted and are worth nothing compared to what it was. I am willing to cut my losses and move on to a better system. The stock market is something that should not even exist anyway. I compare the stock market to the lottery.

A lot of people fell for the stock market scam, myself included.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join