It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

This will NOT end well.
At least not in the short term. But, sometimes you have to hang the guilty if the courts won't. And sometimes, you die seeking justice and you watch the whole thing unfold from up on a cloud.
History is happening. Internet warriors have their (our) place. What side are you on? Are you ready to die defending your beliefs?
That is a question I have begun to ask myself daily. I don't think these are regular times, whether you are a Liberal or Conservative, something is seriously wrong. And, it is not with US. If we ALL fight against the "machine", we have a reason.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

No, these are not good times, and someone is pulling the strings here... The thought that US marines are headed there could embolden some foolish kids into taking actions toward violence...

From there things can, NO WILL get very ugly... and in the end FOR WHAT exactly?

Still, regardless of what happens... If it remains peaceful, that would alone be impressive.

The subject line of this thread needs to be amended to better and more accurately describe the content.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by SirClem

No, these are not good times, and someone is pulling the strings here... The thought that US marines are headed there could embolden some foolish kids into taking actions toward violence...

From there things can, NO WILL get very ugly... and in the end FOR WHAT exactly?

Still, regardless of what happens... If it remains peaceful, that would alone be impressive.

The subject line of this thread needs to be amended to better and more accurately describe the content.

They are going to have to get "ugly". "From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Jefferson

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Chance321

I hope the citizens will let the service members guide them on that. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the service members have seen scenarios similar to this before and have been there and done that. I hope the civilians can allow the experiences of the armed services prevail here. This is a sticky situation for everyone, but there is a way out as long as people can keep their heads on straight.

There is the problem, and I agree, I hope all the sides can keep cool heads..........This is not between NYPD and protesters, this was between wall street and main street. Yet, like most conflicts, the ones who end up fighting are not the ones in conflict, ask every soldier ever sent onto the field. Wall street doesn't care nor has anything to loose by this. They believe it will eventually end, and during that period they will hold up in their offices and continue to make money. They are not the ones on the streets facing off the protesters, the civil servants are. Regardless of your thoughts on any specific law enforcement agency, they have all been responsible for more good than harm. However, they will be the ones responsible anything negative, yet they are just doing their job as they see it. This is exactly how every other conflict in the history of the world has gone, those in power get others to fight their battles. It has to stop.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is definitely works in the protestors favor. For instance, look at Westboro Baptist church. They protest against the military all the time, and look at the reputation they have (granted they do the same for gays, but still). Also, look at Soulja Boy, he made a song with the one the lines being "# The Army Troop", and he's removed that song since then after recieving much negative feedback. And those were non-violent, so just imagine what would happen if one of those police officers tries to do to the veterans what they did to non-veterans.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I never agreed with the protesters on ideology but I did agree with who they are protesting. Now that Americans not of any particular ideological leaning are getting involved this is something that can no longer be ignored as some political fringe protest. The men in uniform going to protest and defend their fellow protestors, telling the world the truth: Our soldiers do not fight for Wall Street or Congress, they fight for America!

Let’s see what happens now. It could get very interesting.

I don't agree with the ideology, either, and this has the potential to get very, very sticky.

I was asked recently if these people were fired upon, would I revolt? Without hesitation, the answer is yes. Not in support of the ideology, but in support of American Citizens and against their getting bum rushed. I may not agree with the ideology, but they are still "my people". I think that the majority of them have good intentions, but are being misled and manipulated by inimical forces.

Being misled doesn't equate to being worthy of being fired upon.

So yeah, if that were to happen, I'd be right out there. HOWEVER - when the dust settled and the real powers behind this came to claim their prize, then, sir, then... there would REALLY be hell to pay!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thought this might explain why some people are protesting.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If any of the soldiers/marines is active duty/reserve and shows up in uniform, they certainly do open themselves up to serious legal difficulties as far as the UCMJ is concerned. However, if they are fully discharged veterans with no further contractual obligation, they can show up to protests/demonstrations in uniform, provided they have something to clearly mark them as veterans, and not current, military. otherwise, they can be arrested for impersonating a member of the armed forces.

Regardless, though, whatever their status and however it turns out, I respect the principle. What would be more useful is if they managed to shut Wall Street down completely, if only briefly. But the protests in general are a nice idea. If nothing else, it means angry, unemployed people are starting to show themselves more and more. Historically, angry, unemployed people can ruin empires, especially corrupt ones. Something to think about, at least.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
15 marines will help, but I think the thread title needs a little editing

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Communists? Marxists?

That's pretty dated language. Have you been in a coma for the last 30 years or are you some fly-over state homeboy trying to make heads or tails outa all of this nonsense? That's a pretty quaint view of things that you got there. Is that what the other fellers down at the K of C are saying about them goldurn hippies that're down there gettin' under foot on Wall Street?

Man, what color is the sky when seen through your eyes? I can only imagine.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I don't know if the military can do anything about ex military showing up in their uniforms. They really aren't active anymore so I don't think there is much they can say or do about it. Then again they told us we are always their property too, even after we got out so I really have no clue how that works, I don't have my uniform anymore but I'd go stand with them to protect in civvies if I was able to just leave here today.

I dunno how it works now, but back in the day, upon separation you were listed as "inactive reserve" for 7 years afterward. During that 7 years, you were still subject to recall at any time in an emergency, and were still subject to the UCMJ.

I think Hadriana had the right idea - anyone going to do this, in service or out, ought to do it in a t-shirt clearly stating who and what they are, but not any uniform item.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Expect to be revealed for who you really are eventually.

Enjoy the fun and games while they last.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
love this video

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow!!! This is what I remember as an American. We stand side by side. Your battles are my battles and my battles are your battles! We are all brothers and sisters!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
hi, can I just ask why you think that this is not being reported on msm in the UK, very little info on BBC or Sky news, the way this is being portraid it would seem to me as major news, but nothing!.
I have also noticed the end line of the statement "This is it" not the first time I have seen this statement, very misleading from the poster, trying to sensationalise the story,
Just to add I am a commodities broker in the UK and will be interested to see how this pans out.
Kind regards

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

keep laughing when their foot is on the back of your kneck ready to snap

all in the name of universal wealth redistrubtion call them what they are

edit on 1-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
If any of the soldiers/marines is active duty/reserve and shows up in uniform, they certainly do open themselves up to serious legal difficulties as far as the UCMJ is concerned. However, if they are fully discharged veterans with no further contractual obligation, they can show up to protests/demonstrations in uniform, provided they have something to clearly mark them as veterans, and not current, military. otherwise, they can be arrested for impersonating a member of the armed forces.

Regardless, though, whatever their status and however it turns out, I respect the principle. What would be more useful is if they managed to shut Wall Street down completely, if only briefly. But the protests in general are a nice idea. If nothing else, it means angry, unemployed people are starting to show themselves more and more. Historically, angry, unemployed people can ruin empires, especially corrupt ones. Something to think about, at least.

Great point on the 'being seen' part. Just watched a documentary on that there were many times more people on food stamps than during the depression, and that it was the lines waiting for bread that really struck home to most americans during that period. However, now you don't see anyone standing in line, this would be a different story if we(our government) didn't do our best to hide those in need and all those millions of people were in clear view....

There are those that say, they can go get a job and help themselves....Well, a bit of history, 50 years ago, that was easy, even 20 years ago, that wasn't so hard. There were all kinds of manual labor positions to be had, or even the military. I have owned my own business since '05, in '08 when the housing bubble popped, I saw the writing on the wall. I have been looking for a job since Aug '08, and have yet to find anything that pays more than min wage. Now before you scoff, I have an environmental engineering degree from the united states military academy at west point, ny....and I am not just looking in that field, I am looking in all fields in all locations, and I have still spent the better part of three years looking. This is not about the individuals ability to earn a dollar, this is about whether the opportunities are out there to earn a dollar. I lost my business because of the mortgage fiascos, and now like everyone else, having no luck finding anything else. I don't blame them for the failure of my business, regardless that it was a direct link, yet I can't stomach that my tax dollars are then going to make sure their businesses don't fail. Sorry, that makes me sick....If enough people simply say, 'Thats it, I have had enough.' Then America would change, but I think we are all too caught up in which dancer is getting kicked off or who did it on CSI(odd that cops generally have a bad rep, yet America loves their cop shows).

Bottom line-I believe in a hard days work and getting paid a solid days pay, I do not see our society striving to make that a priority or even possible. None of the recent actions actually promote job creation, just pushing our money into other's pockets. Example, giving one man 1,000 dollars does not make him want to run around and hire Bob to mow his lawn for 5 dollars. It makes him run to Best Buy and get that new tv he has been eyeing. Micro example, but it is the same with lowering the tax rates or interest rates.....boils to the same, Trickle down economics....didn't work in the 80's, sure isn't working now for anything other than making the rich richer.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by NorEaster

keep laughing when their foot is on the back of your kneck ready to snap

all in the name of universal wealth redistrubtion call them what they are

edit on 1-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

My, aren't you precious.

By the way, is that how you farm boys spell neck? It's like you outlanders have your own little language there in Hooterville.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by annakin1
hi, can I just ask why you think that this is not being reported on msm in the UK, very little info on BBC or Sky news, the way this is being portraid it would seem to me as major news, but nothing!.
I have also noticed the end line of the statement "This is it" not the first time I have seen this statement, very misleading from the poster, trying to sensationalise the story,
Just to add I am a commodities broker in the UK and will be interested to see how this pans out.
Kind regards

Let me ask you this, instead: why do you suppose the protests/rallies in the Middle East were broadcast so widely?

Is it possible that in one region, there is intent to spread further dissent, while in another region there is intent to prevent the spread of further dissent?

edit on 1-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join