It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

thanks got other things to do spelling is not the issue same old crap different day

what is clear as a bell attacking other posters grammar isnt going to change anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
(I am being sarcastic) This sounds like one of the many servicemen who sides with Neo....

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk
Well I guess we will see in time...so far it sure doesn't look like the police state pigs are looking to let up.

"Mass Arrests On Brooklyn Bridge 4:35 PM"

Can only imagine how this scene would have played out with a patrol of Devil Dawgs standing in between the police state thugs and the "protesters" (a word that just doesn't sit well with me because look at what they are "protesting"? Our rights? Our Constitution? The fact that our country was stolen out right out from under us in a blatant attempt to destroy us and our REPUBLIC FOR WHICH WE STAND...WE ARE NOT A FREAKING DEMOCRACY!!

Nah....all of the things that are currently being "protested" against should have NEVER HAD HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE!! Lets hope that these battle lines get quickly drawn because I have had it with the attack that has been perpetrated against the country, MY country that I took and oath to serve and protect against ALL enemies BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC I can only hope that I have Americas best right there alongside of me...and after seeing reports like this, I now have renewed hope that they will be there.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Skewed

no real solution here.

Yes, let's all go belly up! Yea team.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I agree. This is a "protest" not a "riot" and even in a riot, I never understood why people attack their own neighbors and neighborhoods?

I'm not advocating violence either, but if it comes to that, I hope they aim the anger where it is justified.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by pointr97

thanks got other things to do spelling is not the issue same old crap different day

what is clear as a bell attacking other posters grammar isnt going to change anything.

Standard, none of your posts actually attack my contentions...you sound a bit like fox news. Of that entire thing, that is the only thing you have as a retort. I reference the bottom, 'brainwashed masses that jump on the bandwagon'.....sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok man.

You can bend over and take it like a dog if you want, and for all I care the whole world can to as well.

But I am saying NO!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Skewed

That is an extremely gray area though.

Destroying private property is fairly obvious, but what about disrupting commerce? Blocking traffic? Breaking other laws? Unlawful protest because they aren't permitted? Jaywalking? Resisting arrest? Failing to Obey a Lawful Order?

So many things these days are illegal, that it isn't clear what is a real protest and what crosses the line. The protestors are already breaking the law, even though they have a Constitutional right to protest, the city says they need a permit, and the city isn't going to permit them indefinitely, or for busy times, or allow them to disrupt commerce and travel.

So, when do the Marines defend the protestors and when do they consider it crossing the line?

In my mind, there is no such thing as "peaceful" protest. If they want things to change, they are going to have to make it happen one way or another.

Right, this is what I was getting at. The Marines are going to be putting themselves into a very tight and ugly spot. What will the protesters do to the Marines if this goes south and the Marines decide the protesters have crossed the line?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I haven't read all the comments yet, so my apologies if someone has already posted this.

I googled occupy wall street webcam and came up with this site. It's supposed to be live streaming, but is not.

salem-news.com...

What is even more curious is that the viewer counter is running backwards. When I first logged on, it was 14414 viewers. About a minute later it was 14327! And it just keeps going backwards!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Skewed

That is an extremely gray area though.

Destroying private property is fairly obvious, but what about disrupting commerce? Blocking traffic? Breaking other laws? Unlawful protest because they aren't permitted? Jaywalking? Resisting arrest? Failing to Obey a Lawful Order?

So many things these days are illegal, that it isn't clear what is a real protest and what crosses the line. The protestors are already breaking the law, even though they have a Constitutional right to protest, the city says they need a permit, and the city isn't going to permit them indefinitely, or for busy times, or allow them to disrupt commerce and travel.

So, when do the Marines defend the protestors and when do they consider it crossing the line?

In my mind, there is no such thing as "peaceful" protest. If they want things to change, they are going to have to make it happen one way or another.

Right, this is what I was getting at. The Marines are going to be putting themselves into a very tight and ugly spot. What will the protesters do to the Marines if this goes south and the Marines decide the protesters have crossed the line?

Exactly what they do every day....Do what is right and handle nasty situations. The arguments are the same even flipped, those protesters would loose all support if they attacked those vets, and they are smart enough to understand that.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
God Bless, the U.S. Marines, especially those who adhere to the oath that they took to uphold the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

OOOOH RAAAAAW

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlantGirl
I haven't read all the comments yet, so my apologies if someone has already posted this.

I googled occupy wall street webcam and came up with this site. It's supposed to be live streaming, but is not.

salem-news.com...

What is even more curious is that the viewer counter is running backwards. When I first logged on, it was 14414 viewers. About a minute later it was 14327! And it just keeps going backwards!!!!

Nice catch....I tried it three times and each number was lower than the previous, last count 13932.....Someone trying to downplay the situation a bit?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What I am wondering is are any armed forces Uniforms appearing in any of the live feeds? If not perhaps it's just a rumor designed to do exactly what is happening in this thread???

I have viewed a few live streams but so far, see nothing to indicate any Vets or active Marines are present.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlantGirl

salem-news.com...

The view count goes up and down all the time as people come and go.

It may not be live streaming because there was a rumor that a lot of the media crew was arrested.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
“There's a time when the
operation of the machine becomes
so odious—makes you so sick at
heart—that you can't take part.
You can't even passively take
part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon
the wheels, upon the levers, upon
all the apparatus, and you've
got to make it stop. And you've
got to indicate to the people who
run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the
machine will be prevented from
working at all”
― Mario Savio

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

The Marines are supposedly en route to NYC.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Anyone else get the feeling that this may not end well?

I don't care what this is about, or what people plan to accomplish here, I sincerely do care about the possibility of violence with the NYPD... I hope no one starts something they are planning to win.

Seriously... Keep it peaceful.. Best of luck to all involved.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Livestream peaked at around 22K (that I saw) and now seems to hover around 13K.

I am not in agreement with some of their views. But I do not wish them the experience of miliatry "support" in this instance. I keep thinking about Kent State.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I hope the citizens will let the service members guide them on that. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the service members have seen scenarios similar to this before and have been there and done that. I hope the civilians can allow the experiences of the armed services prevail here. This is a sticky situation for everyone, but there is a way out as long as people can keep their heads on straight.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Pretty incredible at the media blackout on these protests, CNN don't even mention it, it is as if it isn't happening.

What did we expect though right?

Are these protests being covered at all on the MSM in the states?

Regards, Skellon

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
We need the Chinese to help liberate us.

Funny you would mention that.....October 1st is VERY SIGNIFICANT to the Chinese.
National Day (China, People's Republic of) – October 1

National Day definition

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join