It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Occupy Wall Street movement the new Tea Party or actually the old Tea Party?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Agreed, we just voted to discourage alcohol, drugs and firearms at Pioneer Park base camp in Utah. The Occupy SLC movement appears to be growing from democratic consensus among those attending the meetings rather than "being led" as some here suggest. Attend. See for yourselves....conjecture isn't helping anyone.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
The Tea Party opposes big government and is influenced by the founding fathers.

Occupy Wall St. opposes big corporations and is influenced by the Arab Srping revolutions.

One is right-wing, one is left-wing.

You can see in this thread and many others, the Tea Partiers won't join the Occupiers because they believe the problem to be with those elected, not their financial backers.

First of all big corporations and government are the same thing. And secondly the tea party itself appears to have been intentionally created(or allowed) as a counter-revolutionary front by the PTB to offset forseable violence.

PTB are not stupid. They fear anything they cannot control with money or intimidation. Only when millions(preferably billions) realise the obvious will they unite to put down both government and corporations.

Its a shame to kill your dog because it has rabbies. All "the government" had to do was moderate the rivalry between unions and corporations, run international affairs for the benefit of its citizens/corporations, run social services, provide financial liquidity and regulate investment/speculation, regulate debt and taxes, etc.

They have failed in nearly every regard. Its reached the point of hearing one "suprise" after the other. Sure it gives me a hobby whinning like others do but sooner or later problems need solving. Perhaps we need a new government and a new constitution.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Remember that is big money the one that influences the congress and their laws, you know that, I am just waiting and see what is going to happen next, if the movement will escalate or will die on their own.

Still I wonder if the tea party will join looking to boost their dying momentum, I remember when they were all over including my littler nowhere neck of the woods.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Perhaps we need a new government and a new constitution.

Uh oh...you might be on to something there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join