It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does The Falling Away Mean To You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A while back I came across a quote in the Bible it goes like this...

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition"

This comes from 2 Thessalonians 2:3 if you wish to do your own research.

My take is that the "Falling Away" is more than just the falling away of the church structure which many believe it to be.
I feel that the Falling Away actually refers to the decay of society. Currently we are blinded by the constant advertising and conditioning of global world leaders and their brands..everywhere we look there are tools being used to promote a certain world view. The bright lights of success, the happiness that comes with money, the fun that comes with living the life we see in magazines and newspapers, in songs and films..the smiles, the joy and the feeling of being happy. This folks is the illusion by which the majority of us have been living.

I believe the Falling Away is what is taking place right now before our very eyes.. The revolutions, the movements, the protests, the speaking out against injustices..

This to me is the Falling Away, when the illusion is shattered and people no longer buy into the ideal of the money=happiness culture.

So it begs the question as to, if that is the case then are we on the cusp of seeing the son of perdition.. the son of Lucifer/Satan... The world leader so to speak..

I just found this part of the bible very interesting and was wondering what you thought...
edit on 1-10-2011 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This verse refers to a mass "backsliding" of christians, imo. Which will indeed collapse much of the church structure. What there is left of it. I've always seen it as being connected to the following verse.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

edit on 10/1/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

I think it is the title of a song by the Gin Blossoms, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
This verse refers to a mass backsliding of christians. Which will indeed collapse much of the church structure. What there is left of it. I've always seen it as being connected to the following verse.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Could well be but then what does that have to do with the revealing of the son of perdition?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena

I think it is the title of a song by the Gin Blossoms, isn't it?

Lol quite possibly..
I actually have a song i made in 2009 called the falling away as well

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Very good post. I heard a very interesting lecture the other day on this. You might find it interesting. LINK

I can't say I agree with him totally, but the concept of the book of Esther as an end times narrative is well known. This guy makes the case that a beast king arises for every generation to divide the sheep from the goats. We see this throughout history. The remnant of shepherds among the flocks will rise to the challenge of defending the sheep and defeat the enemy. The Bible is full of this imagery. If you read the Epistle of Barnabas, you see that a clue is given as to the timing of the day of the lord.

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Adam to Noah 2000
Noah to Jesus 2000
Jesus to Now 2000

Jesus Reigns for 1000 years on the day of rest.

Jesus states this when He is on earth:

John 2
Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

The temple is the human life form where the spirit of God resides. Three days signifies three thousand years. On the start of the third day, Jesus will raise the temple again.

Jesus called Peter the rock. He also referenced him as Satan for using the wisdom of the world. Jesus states that the church is built upon the rock of peter. If you connect this with the tomb, the rock must be rolled away before the tomb is opened and Christ rises. The rock also signifies the heart of stone in man. The rock is rolled away to reveal Christ and a heart of flesh.

This is the promise for believers when Christ returns.

Ezekiel 36

24 “‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. 30 I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices. 32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign LORD. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, people of Israel!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Falling away is a term meaning "apostasy" which is abandonment of one's religious faith, party, a cause, etc. [from Church Latin apostasia, from Greek apostasis desertion, from apostanai to stand apart from, desert]

It means that at the end of the Church age, there will be a falling away from the Christian faith. Not of true believers, but those who professes to be Christians in name only. This apostasy is a precursor to the Rapture and one of the signs of the end predicted in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Originally posted by Klassified
This verse refers to a mass backsliding of christians. Which will indeed collapse much of the church structure. What there is left of it. I've always seen it as being connected to the following verse.

Could well be but then what does that have to do with the revealing of the son of perdition?

From the christian's perspective, it is a sign, a precursor event. A harbinger of what is shortly to come. The son of perdition being one of those.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Very good post. I heard a very interesting lecture the other day on this. You might find it interesting. LINK

I can't say I agree with him totally, but the concept of the book of Esther as an end times narrative is well known. This guy makes the case that a beast king arises for every generation to divide the sheep from the goats. We see this throughout history. The remnant of shepherds among the flocks will rise to the challenge of defending the sheep and defeat the enemy. The Bible is full of this imagery. If you read the Epistle of Barnabas, you see that a clue is given as to the timing of the day of the lord.

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Adam to Noah 2000
Noah to Jesus 2000
Jesus to Now 2000

Jesus Reigns for 1000 years on the day of rest.

Jesus states this when He is on earth:

John 2
Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

The temple is the human life form where the spirit of God resides. Three days signifies three thousand years. On the start of the third day, Jesus will raise the temple again.

Jesus called Peter the rock. He also referenced him as Satan for using the wisdom of the world. Jesus states that the church is built upon the rock of peter. If you connect this with the tomb, the rock must be rolled away before the tomb is opened and Christ rises. The rock also signifies the heart of stone in man. The rock is rolled away to reveal Christ and a heart of flesh.

This is the promise for believers when Christ returns.

Ezekiel 36

24 “‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. 30 I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices. 32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign LORD. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, people of Israel!

Hi thanks for the link, just listening now.
I read your post.. some interesting metaphores and allegories..makes for an interesting read.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zapr1943
Falling away is a term meaning "apostasy" which is abandonment of one's religious faith, party, a cause, etc. [from Church Latin apostasia, from Greek apostasis desertion, from apostanai to stand apart from, desert]

It means that at the end of the Church age, there will be a falling away from the Christian faith. Not of true believers, but those who professes to be Christians in name only. This apostasy is a precursor to the Rapture and one of the signs of the end predicted in the Bible.

Speculative..

Where does the bible mention the word.. rapture please?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It doesn't. The word "Rapture" is used by christians to signify an event.

1 Thessalonians 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The word "rapture" is not found in Scripture. It is derived from the Latin word "rapere", which means to be "transported from one place to another." It is a good word to describe the events of the "catching up."

Rapture...

edit on 10/1/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think the OP has a point.
the falling away may refer to the MORALS of society, compared to biblical morality as expressed by Christ, or even the ten commandments.
The Potus can have anyone in the world killed by decree now....
people are willing to sell their fellow humans out for their own comfort or safety these days.
(not that this wasnt happening in the past but.....)
the Whole world is involved in the pursuit of money, to a greater extent than ever because we are no longer largely self sufficient.
This perhaps has broken down the fabric of human society in the sense that it promores that every man for himself attitude that is killing the earth....
Biblical morality seems to be taken to preclude gay activity whereas we allow gay rights now...(i am neutral here dont derail things into that argument....!)
Think of the ten commandments like, honour father and mother....dont covet etc..
These are basically considered quaint nowadays.
So, falling away from such a moral stance allows the human race to turn ugly and become far more selfish and animalistic in some ways....this sets the stage for a truely evoil product of the times to grasp for control, maybe......
Anyways im sure you must see the priciple here....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yeah, it could easily encompass that thought, OP. If nothing more than giving us an allegorical, at depth, way to understand what's going on around us.

My experience of the Word being alive and spiritual reveals--sometimes--multiple things throughout history.

Yes to all of the above: There is a personal falling away and a societal falling away. S&F from me because we ALL do need to consider just what forces are tearing away at our sociological structure.

new topics

top topics

join