It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: The Planet's Trees may be Dying!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You can't make 21 B-2 Bombers out of plastics plus 187 F-22's out of plastics and NOT expect the released VOC's to kill trees.

VOC= Volatile Organic Compounds.

China's pumping out enough VOC's to kill every plant/tree on the planet. And they will.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It is a beetle infestation. They put up purple sticky triangular boxes all over in Nj, PA, and surrounding areas in order to figure out how many are spreading this far north and are trying various pesticides in order to try to kill the beetles altogether.

The title is misleading since it is far from a worldwide event at this point.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I remember a particularly cold winter in 1989 when I lived in Florida, that killed just about every Australian Pine tree in the state!

Got down to 18 degrees "f" for several hours.

Florida just wasn't the same after that...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
pine beetle has been in western canada for over 30 years. the problem is the idiots wont let the forest fires run wild anymore. its not climate climate change thats the problem, its poor forest management.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well I have to say that those look a bit like larches to me. The trees in the background are OK.

Larches are NOT evergreen but they are conifers. They do indeed turn red in the autumn.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think I must be the only person on this earth that is not alarmed, worried, concerned, fearful! No, I am not coldheazrted and doomish. I just dont see what we can accomplish by worrying. I fervently believe that we are not the cause here. Hey, maybe carbon emmissions have sped up the process by a year or two, but nothing is going to happen that wouldnt have happened anyway.
The earth has been changing since the day it was created, and will continue changing until the day it is swallowed by the sun.
This is nothing new. Really.
There isnt anything we can do to stop the cliamte warming up. It is a natural cycle. And maybe in a few hundred or tousand years it will cool down again. It happens. It is just so gradual we cant see it. And not to mention we have had a really nice speel here on this planet. No one wants to see it change.
But I See thiss as a good thing. Sure the beetles will haev a go of it. Yes they will decimate entire forests. But i promise you that nature is prepared for this. There are countless other types of plant life that would love the chance to evolve and take hold where these dying trees are. They will not fall prey to the beetle and will thrive for a time. Well, until another change comes along to wipe them out, making way for something more adaptable.
This is what has feuled evolution for millions of years. Why fear it?? If mankind cant adapt, then we will just have to get out of the way for a species that can. But i think we are hardy, intelligent, and capable of weathering all kinds of thing. It may just get uncomfortable, but hey, life has gotten a bit too cushy anyway.
I would love to see the natural order of things to be changed a bit. I would love to see humanity forced to rethink, restructure, reprioritize, and evolve!! EVOLVE! We cannot evolve without some sort of outside changes to spur it. We havent really evolved in ages. We are stagnant and fat and lazy and whiny. Lets shake it up a bit. Lets turn ourselves into something new. Lets embrace the challanges mother nature (God) is going to throw our way and reinvent humanity.

ok - no one on here will agree with me, and will think I have gone loony. I really avent, I have always just been a fan of evolution.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-10-2011 by chrissiel123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Of course they are dying.

The same way you humans destroyed the other planets that you used to live on, is the very same 'bloody' way you are destroying them now.

How many freaking arks and space stations do we have to build for your little tiny primitive race?

Because if not for electricity, your human species of 2011 would be no different then the cave man that you look at as primitive some freaking half a million years ago.

The bible was just a manual of what not to do.

'DON’T EAT FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE'

The tree of knowledge was the creation of not to build the 'computer or chip'...but you did!

SO GUESS WHAT!

It is not going to be a solar storm that whips you off the planet, no nuclear war, no man vs. man war, no giant waves…it will be the same thing that you did to the other planets that your doing to this one…stealing all the planets recourses and one specific resource that stands out…‘OIL’

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE EARTH WHEN ALL THE OIL RUNS OUT ?

I JUST HOPE TO HELL YOUR NOT ALIVE WHEN IT HAPPENS

Humans was always suppose to evolve in a natural way to evolve in time.

Computers and chips is something that twist the matrix in which has nothing to do with humans or the evolution of evolving in the future.

edit on 1-10-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You should see it in parts of Washington state, and Oregon, and even in Idaho.

It's getting worse.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

ummmm. what is with all this "YOU HUMANS" talk?? Are you not human? Are you claiming to be an alien?????

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
OK, if trees join the other DIE OFFs, life on earth is over. We would not have O2.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by loam

Of course they are dying.

The same way you humans destroyed the other planets that you used to live on, is the very same 'bloody' way you are destroying them now.

How many freaking arks and space stations do we have to build for your little tiny primitive race?

Because if not for electricity, your human species of 2011 would be no different then the cave man that you look at as primitive some freaking half a million years ago.

The bible was just a manual of what not to do.

'DON’T EAT FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE'

The tree of knowledge was the creation of not to build the 'computer or chip'...but you did!

SO GUESS WHAT!

It is not going to be a solar storm that whips you off the planet, no nuclear war, no man vs. man war, no giant waves…it will be the same thing that you did to the other planets that your doing to this one…stealing all the planets recourses and one specific resource that stands out…‘OIL’

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE EARTH WHEN ALL THE OIL RUNS OUT ?

I JUST HOPE TO HELL YOUR NOT ALIVE WHEN IT HAPPENS

Humans was always suppose to evolve in a natural way to evolve in time.

Computers and chips is something that twist the matrix in which has nothing to do with humans or the evolution of evolving in the future.

edit on 1-10-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

Please grow up. I'm an experiencer and again I will say, please grow up.

Humans are the cosmos, some in a rather heavy duty exam, for the next step up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ufospeak.com...

Perhaps a chance to learn about ET.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

lol,not alien.
Im just a thought from the air...a frequncie from another time and another place.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

WARNING: Trees leaves fall off in fall season! Though they might appear to be dead, I can assure you they're alive and healthy.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

Not with the pines and evergreens in the high northwestern USA... If there is no green on these trees they are DEAD!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I respect you as a human and your thoughts are perfect for this time of age...but..well,i will just leave it as be,have a nice day.
I have some growing up to do.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'm sorry to reply late to the opening post, and I have not read the thread through, but I just wanted to point out that this is more a result of the monocropping used by forestry companies which is consolidating the beetle's food sources into vulnerable buffets.

This problem, when I consume the issues involved intellectually, tastes the same as our 14 trillion dollar debt and also the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. I'm not sure why people have gotten so uptight about global warming, since statistically it has passed, and there are obvious and real problems mounting. Along with what I mentioned above, even our food supply is filled with chemicals/heavy metals.

What sort of idiotic species poisons itself like this except for the confused monkeys who claim to not be animals?
edit on 10/1/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Oh, please. We had a cure for bugs like that...it was called DDT. But you tree huggers took that away from us.

And, we had a cure for forrest fires, which kill more trees than anything else...until you tree huggers stopped the cleaning of the underbrush.

You care about trees? In the name of Global warming? Give me a break!

If you believe in Global warming, then you will also believe that because of it, there are trees growing in OTHER areas where they could not grow before.

The earth renews itself, people! And man made global warming is a farce!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Sure, let's respond to our unhealthy conduct by conducting ourselves even more unhealthily.

I think you might be confused about how to resolve problems. If you put a clog in a system, you don't shatter the system to "fix" the clog, you remove that which is causing the clog.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I actually changed my mind about moving to Colorado because of this problem. It has been going on now for nearly a decade and just getting worse. The trees are dying left and right. What they is a winter of 10 below for 3 weeks and it will kill all of the buggers.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join