It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS - Finally getting some mainstream coverage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well Yahoo news had a link to an article regarding the Wall Street protests. It's unfortunate that they aren't reporting the whole truth. Here's what I am talking about.

While the protest has been made up mostly of young people, it also has recently attracted the support of a loose coalition of labor and community organizations.
SOURCE LINK

REALLY? From what I've been reading it's more than just a "loose coalition"! They are trying to get part of the story out but from a perspective that minmalizes it. They've got to keep the sheeple asleep you know....

I emailed CNN last night and asked them when they were going to start reporting on OWS because THAT'S real news! I suggest everyone go to their site and use their contact form to demand they cover the story. Here's a link to get you started. CONTACT CNN
edit on 1-10-2011 by DJDigitalGem because: updated CNN link

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just used your link to send CNN my regards.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It is also being reported on the BBC News now. Yay is about time they received coverage. Maybe now the NYPD will stop their brutality. Now the Eyes of the world are on them.

Link below:

BBC News

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was reading some of the Yahoo member comments. I think that a few of them speak VOLUMES about the state of the sheeple in this country. Here's just a few....

Why don't they use their energy to begin a company and compete against them in the market? I saw a niche and started my own business which is doing well. I wanted to do it right and let the consumer decide.

So, all the money those guys spent to get their MBAs should go to waste, just because people too proud or lazy to take whatever jobs they CAN get are mad? The buying and selling of stocks is what Wall Street makes money on. If you don't like them, don't buy stocks, and try to live a lifestyle that allows you to give as little of your money as possible to people who do buy stocks. It takes backbone, though, which is something most of those whiners lack

Most of these ignorant left wing losers are nothing but misfits who protest on Wall Street in order to try and bring meaning into their pathetic worthless lives. One woman said she wanted to write a protest message on her #$%$ with a black marker....lol. Classy! From the looks of that pig woman....it would be a scary sight.

Nobody cares about ny besides ny people its old news keep it in the local news.

Some of the messages just leave me scratching my head going "REALLY?? Are you a complete jackass all the time or just some of the time??"

edit on 1-10-2011 by DJDigitalGem because: fixed spelling lol

edit on 1-10-2011 by DJDigitalGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why do they keep protesting on the weekend when Wall Street offices are closed? No sense, or point, is made here.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Actualy, I think they(Anom) should think about formulating demands, MSM are not very interested in a bunch of 500/1500 ppl protesting without officials demands. Its bad for their image and i can't believe no one manage to come out with something, in TWO freaking weeks.

I hope they took some notes yesterday when Michael Moore was there.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The thing I am concerned about is what happens if the protests are actually successful? Is this what the NWO has been waiting for? Are they in the wings, circling like vultures, and ready to swoop in if things go all to hell?? Who would take control? Who would be running the show and calling the shots???

I am all for change but I think we need to start making big plans to manage that change! We do NOT want the NWO to gain control!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

Yep, well said.
The NWO can benefit too much from fear or uncertainty. Or at least prepare themselves in order to make us regret what we wish for.

I think its gonna be a long and painfull battle. Gotta be positive about it i guess.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
OWS made it to ABC!!! HELL YEAH!!!

‘Occupy Wall Street’ Protests Spread Across the Country

ABC News’ Olivia Katrandjian reports:

The Occupy Wall Street movement, growing to more than 1,500 people in its second week, called for a march in lower Manhattan today at 3 p.m. to “show that it is time that the 99% are heard.”

“We are unions, students, teachers, veterans, first responders, families, the unemployed and underemployed. We are all races, sexes and creeds. We are the majority. We are the 99 percent. And we will no longer be silent,” read a post on the Occupy Wall Street website.

FULL ARTICLE

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just sent CNN another email

EMAIL THEM!!! Get them to report this!!!! OWS is taking off and the mass media needs to take of their $$$$ bag blinders and report the REAL NEWS!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
NBC is now reporting OWS!!!! The mass media is FINALLY taking notice. This is not going away!!

Wall Street protesters march on NY police headquarters

FULL STORY

new topics

top topics

join