It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Person, or is God a infinite dimension?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Two Jehovah's witness told me today that they see God as a person, when i asked them this question:

- Is God a person, or is God a infinite dimension?

I drew a dot on a 2-dimensional paper, much like this image. And asked: which is infinite?

-The dot or the black space surrounding the dot?

At this point they didn't understand the question. I had to replace the dot with a person. So i drew up a new image:

With this image, i asked them; who is your God?

And they pointed to the person in the middle of the image.

-Than i asked them: Who is infinite? God or the space surrounding God?

Now they started to see the picture, but would not drift away from their teachings. They told me that they had accepted God as a person, and had made a personal commitment to believe it.

Then i asked them: Are you people here to make me believe the same thing, when i have shown you that God can not be a person?

-They said yes.

Is this the same faith most Christians have to, that they believe God is a person?

I believe in God, but i don't believe God is a person.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i heard that creating any image of god, is a sin.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

YHWH is a person. Some kind of a person from somewhere out there. God? IMO, actual God is most likely undefinable, closer to your example.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I believe that God's natural form is all of existance, more than the entire universe, all physical and spiritual matter to be a portion of the whole of God. I also believe that God can manifest his consciousness in any form he choses. I believe that God is the great father of all universes and dimensions, while the space in which he is able to perform his creation is the great mother. I also believe that there could be local entities that try to mimic god and impersonate his power in order to control us creatures. But they are not THE God.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I think that God is both. He is everything, he is infinite and our opinions of what he is should not be limited. No one truly knows and therefore we should not judge others beliefs of what God is nor can we prove that God is or is not a person. To judge is to put limits on. What we need to do is except the beliefs of others with an open non-judgmental mind and seek For ourselves what God is to each and everyone of us. Because honestly, why do we all want the other to believe what we believe? All to often do we believe that we KNOW the truth. We dont. I think God wants us all to seek for ourselves and make up our own minds. I tend to look at things from more of a spiritual perspective rather than a religious perspective tho. No matter the path that we choose to get to God, as long as we are seeking a path is what makes all the difference. God knows what's in your heart and the intentions of it. Sorry, got off on a tangent.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
God is the ultimate reality.

What we know as "reality", i.e... our material universe, our perception of time etc. is merely a projection from the ultimate reality... God.

Also, God surrounds everything... but nothing surrounds God.
edit on 1-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
God is undefinable, unexplainable. We cannot possibly explain what God is or who he is. He is the creator of the cosmos and the great engineer of life. Our peewee of a brain can't compare to his. But he is everything that is life.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

It's more accurate to see that we are the image of God. We are also 'in' the image of God, like a three dimensional moving image of energy.

Genesis 1:27
1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

God is one. To us, he is three. He is Light (Father). He is Son (Word / Wave / From John 1). He is Consciousness (Holy Spirit). When I say He is each of these three persons, I say that we are one person, made by these three. God projects Himself into three persons to create the reality of our one person from the projection into an image.

Look at it this way. Light is both a particle and a wave. The wave that spoke creation into existence is the force that governs physics and matter. All particles have an associated wave. This wave is information (Word). Our bodies are both particle and wave. We then are animated by consciousness. The only thing we do in this reality is think and move. Other than these two, we are merely benefiting from all the rest, including our bodies functioning in the environment of earth. We do none of it apart from consciousness and movement.

Go back to the Mormons and see that God is one. He is three persons to us as a projection. We are 'in' that projection and able to think and move within God's image. This is the perspective that unifies all paradoxes. So, what is God. God is infinity at rest. We are infinity in motion. When we rest, God will once again be infinity in motion creating. Since time is an illusion, now is the created moment of infinity as the indeterminate wave of probability is collapsed by the observers. We are the observers of God. God is the observer of us. Now is all that exists.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshuaislord
God is undefinable, unexplainable. We cannot possibly explain what God is or who he is. He is the creator of the cosmos and the great engineer of life. Our peewee of a brain can't compare to his. But he is everything that is life.

You are very correct. I think that as science continues to unravel and back engineering reality, we will begin to see past the veil. Jesus tore the veil to the temple 2000 years ago. The temple is our consciousness. We are baptized into the water of the material world. Read this article and accompanying videos in this article I put together. LINK

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshuaislord

God is definable and explainable. Why do you think he created us. We can explain god, we do it through our human physical existance (that was the point or reason for our creation). God cannot live in the third dimension because it lacks matter/form/density. Through its creation the human can experience hormones, emotion and DENSE MATTER SLUDGE as a gaseous being IT cannot. Why is this concept so hard to understand? IT CREATED US TO EXPERIENCE ITSELF=YOU ARE A GOD ASPECT (what is wrong with your thinking).
edit on 29-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
God just is...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
God is the infinite. The infinite is God. No boundaries or laws of anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I've always believed God exists outside of time, therefore He is omnipresent. Think about it for a moment. As big as time is, God is bigger!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville
reply to post by spy66

I've always believed God exists outside of time, therefore He is omnipresent. Think about it for a moment. As big as time is, God is bigger!

Yes, God is out side of our time. God must also be our time. Phillosofically time must also exist for God.

If time did not exist for God. God would not be able to have a thought/awareness. God would not be able to create/form time. God would be absolute static.

- There is also a scientific saying that state that energy cannot be created or destroyed. That means time always existed and will always exist, but in different forms.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Reading your post reminds me hos many believers in a godlike being are limited to their concept of god. Look at believers in supposed aliens that exist and now back at people who believe in some concept of god. It's limited by the immigration of man and how that individual or group of people see the world.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
An equation: if you were to be given 100.000.000.000.000.000$, would you mind if it was from a man, a squirrel or even a leprechaun?
edit on 1-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Two Jehovah's witness told me today that they see God as a person, when i asked them this question:

- Is God a person, or is God a infinite dimension?

I drew a dot on a 2-dimensional paper, much like this image. And asked: which is infinite?

-The dot or the black space surrounding the dot?

At this point they didn't understand the question. I had to replace the dot with a person. So i drew up a new image:

With this image, i asked them; who is your God?

And they pointed to the person in the middle of the image.

-Than i asked them: Who is infinite? God or the space surrounding God?

Now they started to see the picture, but would not drift away from their teachings. They told me that they had accepted God as a person, and had made a personal commitment to believe it.

Then i asked them: Are you people here to make me believe the same thing, when i have shown you that God can not be a person?

-They said yes.

Is this the same faith most Christians have to, that they believe God is a person?

I believe in God, but i don't believe God is a person.

No God is not a person. Some might say that God is a person through Jesus, although I doubt some of the people that believe this can explain why they believe it. Some might say God will become a "person" during a short time span for a specific task. To me, anything is possible for God but if what I understand is correct, God is not like a person like you and I inhabiting a fleshly body in the beginning.

If you were to ask me the same question, I would tell you neither is infinite. Rather, the dot is like a dimension. The space is like another dimension. The tool that drew everything is a dimension. The person that used the tool to draw the dot in the space is a dimension.

God does exist, it's not a belief.

new topics

top topics

join