It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton wants more credit. Let's give it to him...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The following article is about Bill Clinton whining that he wants more credit.

The feisty comments came during 20 minutes of unscripted remarks that immediately followed a one-hour panel discussion commemorating the 20th anniversary of Clinton announcing his run for president in front of the nearby state house. They showcased a Clinton determined to present himself as a transformational figure. Read more: www.politico.com...

source:
www.politico.com...

Clinton was boss after the Cold War was over and before GWOT began. 2 things he had nothing to do with. Pretty convenient as far as being able to work with budgets.
He also served during a major tech boom - that he also had absolutely nothing to do with.

This is what I give him credit for:

1) Using unconstitutional force to take away Americans' 2nd Amendment rights. Setting precedent for the abuses of the Patriot Act.

2) Influencing Fannie and Freddie to lower standards for home loans.

3) The repeal of Glass Steagall. Deregulating banking and finance, leading to the obscene derivatives gambling of the last decade.

4) Promoting "Free Trade", and thereby destroying the American manufacturing base.

5)Weakening the U.S. by embracing the global elite more wholeheartedly than any President before him.

All of these things combined contributed a great deal to all the problems this country is now facing.

There's your credit, Bill.
Thanks a bunch.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by radosta

Many companies in America were just waiting in the wings to move their facilities out of the US and to Mexico etc. in order to save money. Now they make the same product at greatly reduced labor and ship those same products across the border for free for us to buy at high prices, all the while our own workers loose their jobs. Free Trade?
Nothing is Free and Clinton was no prize. Ask Monica: Ask Vince F: Well one of them is still alive anyway.
This man is nothing more than an ego train and always was. Good with words. Very good. Almost as good as the current king of America. Almost: He deserves no recognition.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think Monica Lewenski already gave him all the credit he deserves

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by radosta

I give him credit for being the most embarrASSing president and biggest liar,well,next to Nixon.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by radosta

There's your credit, Bill. Thanks a bunch.

You forgot the Mena AR/CIA coke smuggling affair, which has been confirmed by local law enforcement several times to me and my website partner. Of course Bill wasn't POTUS yet but that goes a long way towards explaining how he went from hillbilly unknown Governor to POTUS as fast as Obama. And to be fair, Bill did not fly any planes or drop any coke, but he did plenty and laundered money to the tune of an estimated half million dollars a month. The last part remains unconfirmed except by a frustrated local prosecutor.

www.realchange.org...

Oh and don't forget the two teenage boys who fell asleep on the railroad tracks after they allegedly investigated one of the "midnight drops". A second autopsy found that they were already dead when they "laid down" but Clinton defended his Coroner even though many in the State were screaming loudly for his removal.

full link;

www.realchange.org...

and a video;

BTW wrestler and Memphis celebrity Jerry Lawler was caught with Mena coc aine, through intel gathered courtesy of the PATRIOT act. Perhaps he was using too much cut and that made them consider him a terrorist, I don't know. He still sells fireworks locally so...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
As a Canadian, my point of view probably won't carry much weight but Clinton was the last president I liked. Sure he had his faults but he did do some good while in office. These links show some of his more notable accomplishments. I also liked the good relashonship he had with Canada. Has anyone since done more for peace? And to think that Obama got the peace prize.

www.perkel.com...

clinton5.nara.gov...
edit on 1-10-2011 by halffinger4 because: added 2nd link

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by halffinger4

but he did do some good while in office

Well it is true that I made more money with him as President than I ever did before. However, as soon as 9/11 was over, so was my job. In fact I made $1000 per week then. But as the OP points out this had nothing to do with Clinton himself.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

George W. Bush also had his hand in free trade.

"President Bush also implemented free trade agreements with more than a dozen nations"

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just for comparison, two completely opposite views in regards to Bush's time as President.

Warning: Severe bias in each link.

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

www.freerepublic.com...
edit on 1-10-2011 by halffinger4 because: added comment

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by radosta

4) Promoting "Free Trade", and thereby destroying the American manufacturing base.

What a lie.

The U.S still manufactures a lot, I'm not sure why so many ATS members like spreading this myth.....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You also forget "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and NAFTA...

As for out manufacturing base, yes, we still manufacture a lot.. but much of it is performed through robotics/automation these days. Productivity is high, but actual jobs have dropped. Pay for many manufacturing jobs is fairly minimal overall and much of what we invented is no longer made here. Even still, most of the products manufactured here are still more expensive than their overseas counterparts.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Show me all the graphs you want. Where are the jobs? Why are so many unemployed? Why are major manufacturers moving their factories to China, Mexico, and elsewhere?
edit on 1-10-2011 by radosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by halffinger4

So did George HW and Obama still does, too. This particular thread is about Bubba Clinton, though. He was the biggest champion of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

You're right, all about Bubba and his wanting more credit. So let me ask this, in your opinion (speaking generally to all ats members here) of the last 3 presidents, who did the most in terms of the economy, healthcare, education and foreign affairs.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Bill Clinton was the greatest president ever.

/hatersgonnahateanywaysthough

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Bill Clinton was the greatest president ever.

/hatersgonnahateanywaysthough

Until I hear compelling evidence otherwise, I'll continue to think that statement ludicrous. He was better than the last 2 disasters, but that is not saying much. Being Prez during a period that is relatively peaceful and prosperous for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with your policies does not make one a good President. The best you can say for him is that he stood back and didn't directly mess things up at that time. He did, however, sow the seeds for serious problems as expressed in the OP.

I personally couldn't care less about the Lewsinsky scandal. That was really just his dbag political opposition using anything they could to hurt him. But Ruby Ridge, Waco, NAFTA, the home loans thing, the banking/finance dereg, and several other things contributed greatly to this nation's current predicament.
And he was not a peacemaker. He killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children with his embargo. He supported the very same dictators and thugs that the Bushes supported. He was good at manipulating people with words, gestures, emotive expressions, etc. Otherwise, a pretty bad president overall.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
don't forget turning down UBL when the sudan had him in custody
edit on 1-10-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

top topics

join