It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four freed after ultra-light crashes into ferris wheel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Pilot and passenger and two children await rescue after the ultra-light crashed into a ferris wheel at a country fair near Taree. Photo: Carl Muxlow

Four freed after ultra-light crashes into ferris wheel
October 1, 2011 - 1:26PM
Pilot and passenger of the light plane and two children await rescue after the crash at a country fair near Taree.

Four people have been rescued by emergency crews after being trapped when a ultra-light plane crashed this morning into a ferris wheel at a fair on the NSW mid-north coast.

Emergency services this afternoon confirmed that the pilot, passenger and two children have all been rescued.

"All the people involved in that incident do appear to have been able to get away without any serious injury," a Rural Fire Services spokesman said.

The plane is expected to remain on the ferris wheel until emergency crews can figure out how to remove it.An ultra-light plane has crashed into a ferris wheel at a fair on the NSW mid-north coast.

The ultra-light - a Cheetah S200 - is currently stuck in the ferris wheel, police said.

Source

Of all the places to crash into a ferris wheel has got to be pretty unique. They were amazingly lucky no one was killed.

edit on 1-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They were lucky. It makes you wonder why they didn't see it. I mean were they flying blind and not looking where they were flying?

Anyway glad no one had any serious injuries.

Maybe they had mechanical problems and couldn't change their direction in time.
edit on 1/10/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This could have been much worse,
glad no one was injured! I know
I would have been pretty nervous
waiting for rescue.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Actually the amount of lift depends upon and varies with the humidity of the air. More humidity translates to more water in the air and results in less lift.

They most likely thought that they could gain enough altitude to climb over it...but apparently could not due to the conditions.

When you are in a low powered aircraft, the worse thing you can do is to try to turn/bank without adequate air speed and altitude.

Because this will result in less lift and loss of altitude and potentially resulting in a low speed stall which will only spiral you directly into the ground like a lawn dart.

This is why I don't fly any longer...it's too expensive and much too dangerous.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Holy crap!!!

I would of been pissing my pants!

I was never fond of Ferris wheels, I couldn't stand the
*lets shake it back and forth* people. This puts the icing on the cake.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The first thing, i though of when i see this was ,WOW freaking ferris wheel, is stronger then the world trade center buildings ?
I was expecting it to collapse into its own footprint, at any moment

Here footage as the plane hits, and hangs.

edit on 1-10-2011 by TheMaverick because: Link Added

new topics

top topics

join