It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New home defense shotgun shell's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I just got a brochure from this company "DDpupleks" introducing their new DUPO line of ammo...

I've never tried it but I do plan to order a few boxes to give it a try...
Like I said I have no first hand info on this product or company... Still this idea might be a game changer if it works as good as advertised

7 things that you need to know about DUPO 7 Short Magnum:

1. Huge energy – DUPO 7 Short Magnum is one of the most powerful ammunition designed especially for Taurus Judge revolvers retaining good functionality. Energy parameters for DUPO 7 slug in Taurus Judge Revolvers exceed normal .45 Colt revolver cartridges bullets energy and more than other .410 slugs energy.

2. Reliability – Taurus Judge revolver is designed for booth calibers .410 caliber and .45 Colt. Shell Diameter for .45 Colt is little larger than .410, therefore some other .410 slug cartridges jam in Taurus Judge Revolvers due to shell diameter increase in chamber. We have solved this problem using powder and shell combination designed especially for Taurus Judge. DUPO 7 Short Magnum has no functionality problems in all types of Taurus Judge revolvers.

3. Compatibility - DUPO 7 Short Magnum is possible to use in all Taurus Judge revolvers. DUPO 7 Short Magnum shell length is only 2 ½ inches and its fits in all Taurus Judge revolvers, and weapon which is designed to shoot .45 Colt can hold DUPO 7 Short Magnum pressures.

4. Fast and controlled expansion – DUPO 7 steel slug expands at the first moment of impact when it hits material which consists water. Slug forepart opens till maximum, forms strong shape, which creates a powerful shockwave. When steel reaches breach point six regular splinters together with slugs main body creates 7 wound channels.

5. The biggest expansion – there is no expanding .410 slug in the market. None of.45 Colt expanding bullets exceeds 1 inch expansion diameter. DUPO 7 Short Magnum expands more than 1 inch (26 mm) and impacts 6.25 times bigger area than initials slugs surface.

6. Combined stopping effect – DUPO 7 Short Magnum creates one entrance hole, huge shock wave, and 7 wound channels. It works like a combination of slug and buckshot. Precision - as bullet ammo, shock wave - like expanding slug, and 7 wound channels works as buckshot.

7. 100% efficiency – all energy transferred to the body. No over-penetration, no unnecessary energy losses.

Link to the site
youtu.be...
edit on 1-10-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
OOh! Buck and ball for Garth.
His Taurus will thank you!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

you and I have booth seen gimmicks before...
but I think this one might have real promise...

still I will reserve judgement until I shoot up a case and see some third party tests...

but it looks good...damn good

BTW they also come in 12 and 20 gage flavors too
edit on 1-10-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Holey smokes!
This stuff looks deadly!
Now theres yer one shot stopping power at its most effective.....Only thing, i think if used in home defense, these rounds are gonna be devastating on the human body no matter where you hit it.(what would a miss do to a child?)
It looks like this stuff could tear chunks out of limbs or torso on a peripheral hit! Id like to see the gelatin results or a pig carcass maybe for more real illustration of results...How about wall penetration too?
yer average shot probably is safe enough for the folks in the other apartment, but that center penetrator looks mean.
Perhaps bears (not daddy ones.....)and charging mountain lions would be better targets.....
I think if you put a round into a robber you may be charged with cruel and unusual punishment no?
Good find !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Ask and yea shall receive...
here's a gel test for the .410

he's pointing to the hole in the backstop

and now the 12 ga.

Batman is toast if the Joker ever gets his hands on these babies...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Looks pretty mean! I saw some other rounds advertised in a gun mag for the judge (.410) that looked pretty nasty as well. They had 3 flat discs in the back and 00 on top.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare
[more
Winchester makes a very very good home defense shell for THE JUDGE. It has several small disk and ball bearings. I got to fire this pistol with the winchester ammo last time I was down in Florida and I was impressed to say the very least.. Good knock down power and you are not going to miss.

www.winchester.com...

I also like the DRT ammo " dead right there"

drtammo.com...

Unfortunately for me I am in a city that does not allow firearms with out a permit and hey make it pretty close to impossible for a blue collar worker to get this permit. I owned a bar a few years ago and tried to get a carry permit for when I was going to and from the bank and also on premise. I was denied I went through the appeals process and because my buisness didn't make enough money they denied me again. At that point I gave up..

I guess the city thinks we shouldn't protect our valuables or persons unless it's really worth it...lol

edit on 1-10-2011 by navione because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I dont think I'd want to shoot a deer with that. Shredding the meat and risking blown apart organs doesnt seem like a good idea to me.

Why do all these companies keep making fancy home defense ammunition?
A slug to the chest is a slug to the chest.

And in situations where the person handling the gun may not be so on point shot is always better than a slug.

I know my wife hates shooting slugs. If that means her shotgun will only be loaded with #4 low brass shot then so be it. I'd rather she not be afraid to fire and be able to hit what she's pointing at rather than hesitate or flinch or not hit her target at all.

Next thing we'll see some company pushing Dragon's Breath shells for home defense citing low penetration.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by navione

Hopefully we'll see all those draconian laws changed so the average joe has the ability to defend himself and his property.... restrictive laws like yours only makes it easier for the bad guys to pray on the weak...

back on topic... Did you know Taurus made a 28 ga Judge...sadly it will not be sold in the US

BATFE visited the Taurus booth at SHOT Show where they were showing off their latest toy...and declared that the 28 gauge revolver was in fact a SBS (Short Barreled Shotgun), not a handgun.... I hope they get this problem sorted out... I could sell a lot of these bad boys...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm with you on the hunting part...
I saw the gel test from the 12 ga
and my first though was... that's half the meat waisted.... and the ribs are the best part too!

does make sence for the little 410... but it doesnt look like 1 sheet of drywall is gonna stop it

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
those look cool, i will have to get some myself

i like the dragons breath shells, though realy only practical at very close range or for intimidation,

i have a few other types of exotic shells, too, the bolo and flechette as well as some exploding slugs

they are so expensive, the ones sold here localy at the monthly gun show are around 5-8 $ per shell/shot

at that price these things will sit on my shelf until a day they become needed

but i have taken a couple out testing, good stuff,

edit on 10/1/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This thing is a beast. I wonder how it handles as far as stability and control . I have never shot a 28 g shotgun before. Something about the idea of firing a shotgun with one hand makes me nervous.

Does this shoot a secondary round ? 44 magnum perhaps.

For small shot guns I like the serbu super shortie I believe it comes in 12g and 18g.

edit on 1-10-2011 by navione because: iPads suck !!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I think if you put a round into a robber you may be charged with cruel and unusual punishment no?

Not in Mississippi. I do miss that State for a couple reasons, but only a couple. The other being their lack of winter.

Nice find DB.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I realise this is probably a joke to you all coming from a UK resident, since we cannot own anything other than an air rifle without a license and two witnesses of aformentioned licensee's mental health, but riddle me this

why would you use a bullet that will splinter off inside the body for home defence? the medics dealing with that one are going to wish they could cut -you- open once they are done, if the victim lives. whats wrong with regular shells? if you want to go extreme why not purchase an A-12 with granade rounds and save them the guess work on if they can save them.

I know most people in the US believe someone enters your home you have every right to shoot them dead but really?

I was under the impression from the thread title these would be non-lethal but I was sadly mistaken. if guns we're legal in this country i'd use tranqs because murder is wrong however you spin it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

The amount of damage done is often related to the ability of the projectile to stop the target.

The ideal defensive round would be one that could obliterate the attacker while not passing through to cause damage to property or innocent life.

The real-world interpretation of this is an expanding projectile.

It solves two problems. The first is the larger cavity theoretically aiding in the stoppage of the attacker. The second is the expending of energy via expansion which makes the projectile less likely to exit the target and continue on to cause more damage.

Those two principles, wound size and energy conservation, are what drive the defensive and to a lesser extent the hunting ammunition categories.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'll stick with my Mossberg ATS.

It eats 2 3/4in, 3in and 3 1/2in shells like no tomorrow.

Pretty useful.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

fair point, I understand where your coming from, i'd also say whats wrong with a baseball bat or a chainsaw...but you guys have the extra problem they any intruder is probably armed aswell..

I also guess it isn't a wideshot spread like a regular shell, seams to spread after it hits. it would come in handy if an intruder took a hostage, or was infront of a loved one for example.

I must sound a right hippy trying to think of ways to avoid killing with a gun >_> self defence laws in the home we're only recently adjusted over here, we can now legally use "reasonable force", since the amount of people being imprisoned for pushing a robber down the stairs for example had gone off the chart. I don't think it really matters though if your family is in danger, i'd burn the house down with them in it if they hurt my fam, and take the sentance.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

Bear......

Moose....

if big things come at you to kill you your gonna want big ammo

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'll stick with my Mossberg ATS.

It eats 2 3/4in, 3in and 3 1/2in shells like no tomorrow.

Pretty useful.

did you misunderstand the point of the thread? it is about shells themselves, not type of shotgun, your shotgun can fire these shells, so sure stick with your mossberg, thats awesome, but what about the shells? gonna try em?

:p
edit on 10/1/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

The largest thing they have over there is the red deer and it isnt exactly carnivorous.

They don't get bears sitting on their decks or trying to paw in through the windows or angry moose in heat lowering at them while taking the trash out to the garage.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

actually there are panthers around here in the fields thanks to a particular idiot of a zoo.

once my fam get a shotgun and I get a license sorted, if they let me...might have to check those out. if you've seen any of my posts in other threads though you'll know im one of those 'use whats there' type of guys =D can't exactly pull a shotgun on a potential knifer just yet unfortunatly, or tasers, or mace...or even use the knife against them. im not sure what the regulations are behind shipping ammo from the states but I guarentee it will be full of red tape.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join