It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of us of aged in surroundings of 40 50's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Should we think about exuming cells from different parts of our bodies in case one day these could be used to rejuvinate that body that then is but left only with the non-multiplying cells that old age incurs and if that would be case; would memory be subject to not be savable and should we have don't this way back?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin
Should we think about exuming cells from different parts of our bodies in case one day these could be used to rejuvinate that body that then is but left only with the non-multiplying cells that old age incurs and if that would be case; would memory be subject to not be savable and should we have don't this way back?

Not meaning to be rude....But what language is this written in?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
First off... no. There is nothing sadder than a person that refuses to age gracefully. They cling to their youth and try to hide it...which is ok at 40, but 70 and trying to look and dress as though they are 35.. yuck. Yes it is their life and their right, but just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Staying healthy and fit is possible at any age with proper diet, exercise, activity, and lifestyle... my folks are 83 and 77...and they have a huge garden, cut two yards, travel, visit, and stay pretty busy.

Second, I'm gonna give you the benefit of a doubt and say your a foreigner and speaking in broken English...otherwise you sound like Yoda.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

One step ahead of you Michel ,already saving my toenail clippings and ear wax

edit on 1-10-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

would memory be subject to not be savable and should we have don't this way back?

Fortunately, there is a technology that can help us preserve memory. It's called "writing things down."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
First off... no. There is nothing sadder than a person that refuses to age gracefully. They cling to their youth and try to hide it...which is ok at 40, but 70 and trying to look and dress as though they are 35.. yuck. Yes it is their life and their right, but just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

I'd say there's nothing sadder than people who think they know how the world must work. So people at age 70 have to look like old people, sitting in their garden, doing 'old people stuff'? That's like saying that people in their 20's should behave stupid and party every day because 'that's the way it is'

And YES: Just because you can, means you should. Everybody should live and behave, dress and do whatever they want and not what some idiot think. I rather have a 70 year old guy who dresses in a young way, behaves modern and just has fun instead of some Arthur Spooner looking guy wearing old-man trousers, a old-man hat and sititting the whole day in some park feeding ducks and complain about the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

That was no moral insight that I was instigating; it was meant in a proffesional content where looking for the outcome that would be created and that of if the beginning early on in life would had been crucial towards even further possible and even more of extended of a life and was not at all portraying a simple but allthough alouring amount of expantion or better quality of life ; but aiming for re-establishing a complete eventual replacement ; since non multiplying cells get replaced by multiplying ones. I do understand that there would be a need for these cells to occupy all and complete with aspect of such ratios and as this would make it an absolute hypertetical but interesting one at that of a thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Since it may be too late to save cells, I propose you go the way of having your mind and memories transferred to a cyborg body specially prepared for that.

I'm sure they will offer us cyborgs that look like humans, or you could go the Robocop looks way, your pick!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What IS this jibber jabber?

Are you using google translate? Or do you just not make sense??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I suppose it's not total nonsense when you consider this,

www.guardian.co.uk...

While live stem cell research is controversial, this is also controversial because they are 'Dead' except they are also not 'Dead' The OP could have extracted a bit of his/her DNA and banked it for later on, and in addition to the above, it would save him/her from popping the clogs in the first place

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
After I regain the figure I had grown accustomed to, (I'm waiting for that magick pill) I will prance around like 'Mrs. Robinson' with men under age 42. (Again.)
(It's nice to have something to look foreward to!)

new topics

top topics

join