It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivable plane crash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...
Off site content
Hopes that some on board the aircraft might be alive had been raised when a victim's mother reported that her daughter had called her from the plane after the crash on Thursday, and aerial photos showed the main cabin largely intact.

But after rescuers finally reached the site, national search and rescue operations head Sunarbowo Sandi announced: "We received a radio response from our team on the ground that all 18 people on the plane had died.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

If your interested ,go have a look at the picture of the plane,It appears relatively intact with little sign of internal damage or fire,The wings and engine nacelles are still attached and the empennage looks secure.
It looks as if the plane has just dropped onto the treetop canopy.
There was a report of a phone call from one of the passengers and hope was held for survivors .
But it appears all were kiled in what looks like a survivable crash
www.abc.net.au...
Plane crash passenger phones mother
The mother of a passenger aboard a plane that crashed in a remote area of Indonesia says her daughter has called her, raising hopes of finding survivors as rescuers struggled to reach the site.

edit on 1-10-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Originally posted by 12voltz

Plane crash passenger phones mother
The mother of a passenger aboard a plane that crashed in a remote area of Indonesia says her daughter has called her, raising hopes of finding survivors as rescuers struggled to reach the site.

[color=CFECEC]"At 10.00 pm, my daughter telephoned me. She just cried. Her words were so unclear. After that the line was lost and the telephone disconnected," Rosmawati said.

This ↑ is an important detail, in my opinion. Without that, it could seem as if the girl was not only alive, but doing well, when she called her mother. If her mother couldn't even understand a single word, then it is possible that the girl was on her last breath, and knew it, when she called her mother.

If your interested ,go have a look at the picture of the plane
Where is the pic? Not sure why, but I didn't see any pics. I even clicked the link, to the other article about this crash, from the 29th, but no pics there either.

edit on 10/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Try this link
www.abc.net.au...

The cockpit looks smashed but it doesnt appear to have much structural damage to the fuselage.

I wonder how good phone reception is in the remote parts of Indonesia,even where i am its a hit and miss with mobile coverage

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I have no idea about the coverage, but apparently that previously mentioned phone call, was not the only one.

[color=A5C4D6]A woman named Lita said on live television Saturday that her calls to a passenger named Astuti, who was travelling with her children, were being answered until Friday night.

"I tried to call Astuti, and each time a girl would pick up and say 'Hello, hello'. The last time it was a boy. I think it was her little boy," she said.

www.sbs.com.au...

[color=A5C4D6]"The passengers were still in their seats. A team is trying to cut through the aircraft and retrieve the bodies."

news.yahoo.com...

[color=A5C4D6]For two days rescuers tried to reach the crash location by foot and by helicopter, but rough terrain, strong winds and heavy cloud and rains forced three teams travelling by land and several helicopters to return to Medan.

The Indonesian Transport Association said that the rescue teams had followed standard procedures and had done their best given the "impossible" conditions.

I won't even attempt to 'choose a side.' Impossible to know for sure, without actually being there. It seems that many, who had family members in the plane, are not satisfied by the rescue attempt.

You would think they could have at least lowered someone down with a rope, from a chopper, but without being there....

[color=A5C4D6]Reike Andriani, whose relatives on board the aircraft included a 20-month-old baby, said she was angered by the delayed rescue attempts.

"Why did this process take so long? They just kept saying that they would reach there soon, and they kept blaming the weather," she said.

Another woman added: "They just kept saying the weather was bad, the weather was bad. They don't have a proper system."

edit on 10/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'll point out what no one else is saying. WTF happened to the people on that plane! I smell another conspiracy!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

I'll point out what no one else is saying. WTF happened to the people on that plane! I smell another conspiracy!

Difficulties with reading comprehension?

It is stated in every single article pertaining this story.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101

Thats the reason i posted this,Some people on that plane were alive and able to communicate .Usually young children and infants are pretty resilient and yet apparently they didnt survive.
I have seen pictures of plane crashes where the plane is almost completely destroyed and yet survivors were found,This for example
aviation-safety.net... Picture
aviation-safety.net... description
two out three survivors ,same aircraft type
or this
aviation-safety.net... desrciption
aviation-safety.net... picture
40 out 47 survivors. Noted that rescuers would have reached these examples quicker than the one in question

new topics

top topics

join