It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Test Facility is Again Active

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
August 26, 2004
Special to World Tribune.com
GEOSTRATEGY-DIRECT.COM

Activity has been detected at the underground nuclear testing facility on the island of Novaya Zemlya. The Izvestya newspaper reported on Aug. 16 that there are signs of "new life" at the facility which has been inactive for the past decade.

About 3,000 military personnel live at the site on one of the most remote parts of Russia.

link to story, john

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wish I could find the thread, but this article goes really well with a thread from a couple weeks ago about Russia and China having new "sunburn" missiles which basically travel too fast to be picked up and could carry nucleur warheads.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Interesting. The site is supposed to have been used to test detonate nukes. This activity tho, its not test detonations, but rather the implication that there might be some. When there are test detonations, everyone in the world can detect them with seismographs.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's a no news. The facility was never shut down and indeed testing has been happening, w/o the actual detonation though.

I came across this a few days ago when researching the biggest detonation ever that was done, at this location back in 1961, with estimated output between 60 and 100 megatons of TNT.

new topics

top topics

join