It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frustrations brewing with Russia's leadership Or Is Al Jazeera Starting a Russian Spring?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Source

Interesting to see Al Jazeera turn off the commenting for this video because its seems on every libyan videos of theres they have no problem with any of the commenting been made.

But, a growing number of people feel the country's political stage is a puppet show. Many young people are leaving the country.

I wonder how young people are leaving America?? or other countries in the EU for that matter funny on they picked to talk with, Lev Gudkov is a known russian nutjob he also is a Russian sociologist
nothing ground breaking to say the least,

Notice how in 1:15 already he cliams some opposition groups are calling for protests?
typical propaganda from Al Jazeera as always, Russias population in decline??
thats a very funny propaganda.

Germany has a population in decline problem to.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Heres more on Dr. Lev Dmitrievich Gudkov,
Source
I would think his works are very pro western just look at his works

with A. Levinson. Attitudes Toward Jews in the Soviet Union: Public Opinion in Ten Republics. New York: American Jewish Committee, 1992

edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
no one takes him seriously in Russia.He's called a buffoon there and many russians I have met have been laughing at such 'Analysts'. Hell , the anti-semitic publication Pamyat was taken more seriously than pro-western publications like Novaya Gazeta or Vedemosti.

As for russian populous they are not satisfied with current conditions,but certainly one thing they remember Yeltsin era 'democracy'.Most russians called it 's h i t o cracy'. But then Putin came and improved Russian conditions. Also there is tax equality and flat tax of 13% there which is a pre-requisite of Austrian economics and the free market actually exists in Russia compared to the rigged OTC derivative markets of the West which has turned everything upside down.
edit on 1-10-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Population decline is based on a complex forumlae of births vs death, immigration for emmigration, disease vs medicl standards.

If a country doesnt have a min 2.5 in that equation, then their population is considered stagnant / in decline. Its when all factors are viewed, and there are more outs than coming in.

A lot of countries around the world are considered to be in a sttae of population stagnation, and in others they are breeding like rabbits.

As far as Russia goes the only things I have seen that are remotely interesting (at least to me) is the view the people have on their government and their view of what democracy is. A lot of the older people are ok with scaling it back, which is not surprising since its all they have ever known.

I think though, not that Russians have had a taste of their form of Demoracy, than trying to roll things back completely wont work. I also see Putin eventually being forced to accept the fact that he will, at some point down the road, either accept the fact he will lose support and be voted out, or to pull a coup.

Russia is a good country to watch as it will give insight into the direction China will be going.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If we're going to talk about puppet shows, we should talk about the US congress puppet act in the middle east. Isn't that were Al Jazeera is from anyway? Would make sense for AJ to do a story on the US instead of Russia. But then again, Al Jazeera is the Fox news of the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Putin will have to step down in future,but Putin's ego and united Russia party is a issue . As for democracy russians have it better than USA. The older folks like Putin , but the younger ones they like Medvedvev or gennady zyuganov. The youngsters want diversification from oil and gas/energy revenues and want investment in other core areas where Russia has been losing competitiveness to China/India like nanotechnology,Metallurgy,Material Sciences which has higher potential for employment.Also they want better social safety measures like Soviet era. Russians use to be leaders in Material Sciences and Metallurgy in Soviet Era and today many of the russian patents have been bought of by the Japanese,Chinese and Germans.

They believe that Medvedev has answer for economic problems ,while Putin is better for foreign policy purposes.Overall people are satisfied with United Russia Party FOR NOW.

new topics

top topics

join