It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's no secret that kids within that age range are usually stupid, so I really don't get why this guy got so mad, especially since he was three times that kids age. Now don't get me wrong, I think that kid should be punished, but by his parents, not a middle aged man he met over the internet.
edit on 2-10-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rschmfem

agreed

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Someone should ask his mom why she is letting him play a "mature" video game...and also why she (assumingly) lets him play upwards of 8 hours a day hahha.

But I am one to talk, I once hunted down the "Duckhunt" dog for laughing at me...that little rat!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by gabby2011

I agree with you however, as a mother myself, there's no excuse available that would allow me to let my child who's at a very influential stage in his/her life to be entertained by a game that promotes killing. I know you didn't say that was okay, but it is our responsibility as parents even more so as mothers, to see to it that our children are properly entertained and educated regardless of what the rest of society says or does.

As our children get older, this will reflect in the way they live their lives and so on and so on, hopefully eradicating mindless psychopaths like the idiot who beat this child.

edit on 10/2/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

You're correct in saying that it is the parents responsibility.. to guide a child in what they feel is healthy and appropriate..

Its very difficult to do though, unless you keep your child totally cut off from society, and only allow them to play with certain friends...and that means passing judgement on others parenting, and it can get a little muddy.

How do you tell a kid you can't go to so and so 's birthday party because I know you'll be playing games like COD ? It gets to the point where your child may seriously resent you and rebel , and go to the extremes in that rebellion.

Please don't get me wrong..I totally agree with what you are saying..but it just really isn't easy to be a "good" parent these days, and takes a lot of time and supervision, that some very hardworking parents can't do because of jobs and other duties required for housing,and feeding your children.

Should we make these parents feel guilty because they have to work so hard to provide for their families, and are totally exhausted by the stresses and endless tasks that life can bring?

They sometimes don't have a lot of choice on the caregivers available for their children as well.. and so put up with less than great standards..so they can do their best to provide.

Just saying.. its a tough world to try and parent effectively at all times.. and some have the financial freedom to do so much better than others, because of their options.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

since when does finances dictate parental ability??

Last time I checked it doesn't cost a penny to tell your kid to go outside for an hour and get off the darn computer.
edit on 2-10-2011 by rschmfem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well do not support a 40 somthing yr old man stalking and beating up a 13 yr old kid. however this kid did learn a great lesson in life.. there are certain people in life you just dont talk trash to end of story. some people will let it roll and some people wont. maybe hell watch his mouth now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rschmfem

since when does finances dictate parental ability??

Last time I checked it doesn't cost a penny to tell your kid to go outside for an hour and get off the darn computer.
edit on 2-10-2011 by rschmfem because: (no reason given)

It dictates a lot of how effective you can be considering you can't be there as much to monitor and supervise.. plain and simple..

..and do you really think.. putting your kid out onto to the street will ensure that they are getting "good and healthy" enjoyment ?... many parents won't allow their kids out on the street ....because they KNOW the temptations , and the crap that can happen out there...so your solution is entirely useless to many.

Please don't tell me your the type that would suggest that, and after the kid comes home from being cornered in the park and sodomized by some older kids just for kicks.. that you would say.."well... where were the parents?.. can't they watch their kids?"

edit on 2-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The little kid was talking trash to the guy thinking hes cool, even though he still had to wait 5 more years to "safely" play the game, so I think the kid deserved it

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is hilarious. What I would give to have seen the look on the brat's face as he was getting his ass beat lmfao. Not so confident now, are ya! The only way this could be better is if the attacker slapped the brat's mama, too. rooooooofl.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
talk about instability, I pity the older man for his avatar and taking this too serious.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
after the kid comes home from being cornered in the park and sodomized by some older kids just for kicks.. that you would say.."well... where were the parents?.. can't they watch their kids?"

Right cause every time someone goes outside there is such a STRONG possibility that they will be beaten or raped...

Then fine. Let them foul mouth everyone online, cause there's no real physical harm being done. It's not like the bullied ever commit suicide because of online stalkers, bullies or psychopaths these days...

And of course parents can't watch their own kids... But laws are different nowadays and parents' arms go up in the air and their egos go sky high too when their kids get in trouble at school.

I wish nowadays was like back in the day when if you got beat at school you deserved it, and your parents didn't battle the teacher's disciplinary action.

Families were tightly woven units of support. No one is as sue happy as they are in this day... Everyone sues everyone else for every little thing anymore. Even inside their own families...

And people didn't steal from the front pocket of your dress shirt... I just read the paper and there's a sad sad article there saying HOLD on to your CANINES!!! because people are stealing and selling them for money in these hard economic times... Ninja looters have reached an ultimate low, people.

Anyway, I divert from the topic a little. Getting back on track, I agree. It's hard to parent. I am not a parent. And I may never have that opportunity in the future. But I do know it's hard to do. Especially because today is a lot a lot a lot different than it used to be.

But...

Kids are a spitting image of their parents example.

That being said.... I would not be surprised if this kids parents also play BlackOps and curse like a sailor too.

That's my point. That has nothing to do with social class, and all to with JUST PLAIN LACK OF CLASS!
edit on 2-10-2011 by rschmfem because: premature submit

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Unemployed father of 3...playing call of duty...

Hmmm...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Unemployed father of 3...playing call of duty...
Hmmm...

Yeah, great role model, no? Get a dang job, Sir! And anger management and therapy.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

This will just be used as propaganda for anti-video game activists. Ya the 13 year old was a dick...but its the internet we all troll sometime!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

pshhhh dad of the year lol
2nd line

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
it's simple the guy is an utter toy, totally lost it and obviously has mental problems.
That you can put your mind to something like that and really do it. Damn. You just crazeh...
Man needs to chill down, smoke weed or something have some moment of self reflection herro prease

anyway fair enough with topics with this. it is bad it happens, we know it happens, we don't need constant posting of topics of some crazy local cop who lost himselves and starts misusing his position, beating etcetc though?
ez

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I cannot believe all the people on this thread that are cheering on a a 46 year old `man` who attacked a 13 year old child to the point of attempting to strangle him for beating him in a video game. Totally nuts.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Video gaming is a way for people to escape reality. Some people completely forget what reality is through video gaming... I've seen it happen to a lot of people, and, at the same time, what IS reality? It's what we make of it, so don't turn to video games to escape reality. Instead, enter your utopia in your mind... Natural euphoria!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArielGrace

make a thread on natural utopia of the mind as an escape from video game escapism...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've wanted to to do this so many times over the last 6 years, what that guy did. Some of these kids deserve a literal reality check, that's why i stay away from the games filled with children like Call of Duty. !! GET BATTLE FIELD 3!! coming October 25th.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join