It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by 12voltz

Call of duty Black OPs is rated 18+ why would the mother allow a 13 year old to play a mature rated game?

edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Nobody pays attention to those ratings. It's nothing a kid hasn't seen on any show or movie.

Wow some people.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
He should of bought some hacks then pwned the kid than taking it that far .

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The video game part is not relevant to this at all.

Kid back talks a stranger, stranger tries to strangle kids.

Thats what is important here, a grown man deciding he can track down and strangle another person let alone a child...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh that is halarious

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Of course it's unlawful..

But I bet that kid will be a lot more humble online. And no, kids don't talk like this because they have problems in real life. Every kid has some sort of problem. Just some people are jerks. In this case we get to see the interaction of a jerk with a psychopath. Quite intriguing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Of course it's unlawful.. But I bet that kid will be a lot more humble online. And no, kids don't talk like this because they have problems in real life. Every kid has some sort of problem. Just some people are jerks. In this case we get to see the interaction of a jerk with a psychopath. Quite intriguing.

You may find it intriguing..
..I find it very sad..

and some kids suffer much more serious problems than others, and boys especially act on on these problems differently...so don't try and feed me every kid is the same scenario.

Getting peoples personal information, and seriously using it against them.. because of a vendetta over silly crap mouthed on the internet... just seems to be such a low ball tactic...and the people who think they are so cool because they have ways to do it.. just seem to show themselves as vindictive ,and very immature.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ok.. I feel I have to do this..... ROTFL

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nothing like a bad loser, losing to a mouthy 13 yr old kid.

Can you image what his own kids have to go through, poor sods, the man is obviously mentally ill, its just not rational behavior.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am not a gamer so I cannot relate, but I do not see a 13-year-old walking away from something so violent and horrible as being downed by a 46-year-old adult maniac! Choking the child! Choking!!

That is the most vulnerable place of any creature, the throat, once taken by the throat it is typically fatal.

This child will never be the same person ever in their entire life! One direction or another this child will play this scenario out for eternity because ultimately he could have been killed.

What a sick man, I don't know this PsyOps/BlackOps game but I bet this was one of the more "mild" players!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Now give me a break. Read the post. 'Violations of terms of service'. That indicates more than simple trash talk.

And read it again. Says nothing about 'screwing with kids". It says we played a different server, and when we left, we canned the players that joined from THAT server. If they moved back home with us they stayed members. I didn't have to say that part to tell the story, but if some insist on inserting their own bias against being nailed to the wall (my guess there are some 13 year olds here)...then I guess I must explain more. Or ignore.

If they didn't like that our team left the server, that's life. Free choice. No 'screwing' with anyone except owning the server before leaving it. If they decided to take it to a much higher level and make our message board unusable thru foul postings and spamming using anonymous handles, instead of asking if they could join us on our home server, then they CROSSED THE LINE. Especially if they were punk kids playing an adult game.

We were a group of adults, all had jobs, all were friends IRL too, traveled across the country to meet several times. We were not what you think we were, only the offended (or the 13-year olds) would jump to that conclusion. FYI in those days only adults could afford to play the games, since the upkeep on hardware to be able to own people was constant. No Xbox, dual Voodoo2 cards cost hundreds, new CPU every 3 months more hundreds, and getting broadband took an arm and leg for a single IP. Not to even mention that if you were not a computer configuration whiz you had no chance in getting OpenGL to run and still be able to play the game. We didn't see mas many 13-year olds as we do now. Mommy wouldn't spend that kind of money, babysitters were cheaper.

Some people....wise up, don't jump to conclusions.

Or... take the evidence and prosecute. BTW...Quake is over 13 years old, and the event is well beyond any statute of limitations, So knock yourself out.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My first thought after reading this story..."Who says video games don't catalyze violence?". I know, I know...it didn't matter whether that man played a video game or not, he would have attacked the 13-year-old anyway, right?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The 44 year old was quite fortunate that this kids dad/brother/uncle whatever was not around - because he could have found himself on the end of more than a choking.
What a socially inept individual - reacting that way to some crap on the internet - as has been said - turn it off and go and get a life!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Physical violence should never be an answer to someone talking trash in a video game. However, people should always realize that there are some very disturbed individuals out there that may cause a person some serious physical harm. Therefore one should always be mindful and exercise care over what one says or does in public or online to avoid being victimized. This scenario is a prime example of that.

Proper etiquette, general politeness, and good sportsmanship should have prevailed and should be taught to all internet gamers regardless of age. Trash talking is quite common in games, but should probably only be used in familiar social circles to avoid any unfortunate situations. Let's keep it safe and fun.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Silly Brits.

Silly, silly Brits.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ITS FAKE

I do not believe this story for one second. How do you trace some one threw a video game? You can get their IP address but even then the IP address wont tell you exactly where and who the person is. Unless the kids gave out his address and/or his last name, I do not think he did. Hes 13 it would be hard to find his info of what neighborhood he lives in on the net because he has no bills to pay. Sure facebook but hes not going to post his address. Its a bull # story made to get people to visit the site.
edit on 1-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by 12voltz

Call of duty Black OPs is rated 18+ why would the mother allow a 13 year old to play a mature rated game?

edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

YEAH! Finally putting blame where blame is due. And who mothered the 46-year old child attacker?!?!?! She should be blamed too.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
ITS FAKE
How do you trace some one threw a video game?

How do you get someone's IP address as a client account playing a game on a server stored in another part of the country?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
We've all had those moments where somebody noob-tubes you or something like that, and you just get completely enraged. Now I'm not endorsing this at all, I mean this guy should go to prison for attacking a 13 year old, but I just find the whole concept of tracking somebody down because they pissed you off in a video game to be hilarious.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

How the hell was he able to track this kid?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by balon0

What a loser, who lets themselves get wound up by a 13 year old on the internet. "he was baiting me and baiting me" was this 44 year olds excuse. How about take off the headphones turn off the console and get a life.

this kinda stuff happens all the time on cod:bo is sad but true. these kids (who are ofter much younger than 13 btw) kill everyone in sight and then proceed to talk much trash. i found a GREAT cure for those annoying little fu x, xbl has this amazing new tech called, wait for it.............. MUTE. if youre acting like a troll, you get muted. period. i dont listen to themn anyway as they usually have nothing to say that is important. they dont help w the team aspect of the game, just talk smack. so GOOD BYE DOUCHE BAG... young or old this little trick works and makes the gameplay much nicer. also, there is a report abusive language place in the xbl browser. we start using the tools they gave us as we need, the game will be much better. no choking little tw ats out or heading to jail and anger mgmt... just sayin

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join