It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
but what I am saying is that for the parents who wish to keep their child busy with more fruitful and educational pastimes , need the time to do so.... I also realize that you can try to do this as effectively as you can , within the society you are forced to live in.

Yes, I am not trying to argue with you either. And thank you for your kind words too. But I just don't think that the concept of parenting and disciplining the children rings with same FEAR that it used to. Yes, ways back in my parent's rearing days were bit on the brutal side. But they respected their parents. Nowadays, where's that respect? I don't see much of it when I am out in public. It's often embarrassing for ME and I hold my tongue because I want to say something like "WTF, woman get a grip on your kid!" but I don't cause it's not my place. But when that same kid slashes my tires or takes a bat to my rear-views... hmm ... yeah, I don't like society much either....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by balon0

You are joking OP, right? the kid did some online trash talk so he should be strangled? Thats not the lesson he needed at all. He needed a lesson is manners maybe but nothing else.

So if a guy goes and robs a bank or rapes or kills just a slap in the wrist and nothing else should do right?

People, and I don't care if its a kid or adult, needs to be PUNISHED. If not they're just going to get worst and worst. If that kid doesn't stop acting all high and mighty and talking trash its gunna get into him. Hes going to grow up being an arrogant, obnoxious, spoiled adult whos probably going to rob/ rape/ murder someone.

Alrighty then what kinda "lesson" do you think he should get?

Whatever you can come up with I can bet a million dollars that it would not get the public to know about this. Other 13yr olds are going to continue talking trash as freely as they want.

Doesn't really solve anything now does it?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think this story is odd.

In addition this roger wilco, voice chat crap on multi-player games is horrible.. Games like call of duty and battlefield crap and other fps gorilla pounding I am better then you using my thumbs is horrendous..

Long gone are the fps type online multiplayer games of rainbow six... Now it is this sniveling moronic race to push a button, in amidst the panting and hooting and hollering of one syllable gutter words..

To be honest the last time I played one of these kinda games while listening to the so called intellect around the globe via voice chat, I found myself laughing hysterically and also feeling guilty for doing it, because these morons have no clue how they sound..

Just listening to people like these two in your story all over the globe explains how broken this world is everywhere..

The quality of these type games reflect what they attract obviously..

It is sad thou these type of games a decade ago were great... before they got polluted, with people sounding like idiots and morons, LOL what makes it even more hysterically funny, the other morons and idiots think they are cool, when they sound like idiots... LOL

edit on 2-10-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

If that kid doesn't stop acting all high and mighty and talking trash its gunna get into him. Hes going to grow up being an arrogant, obnoxious, spoiled adult whos probably going to rob/ rape/ murder someone.
reply to post by balon0

Thanks for the morning laugh!

So, you're saying that if this child isn't stopped, he might grow up to be like the 44 year old man who tried to strangle him for killing his character in an on-line video game?

The quality of these type games reflect what they attract obviously..

You're so bang-on with this! I never got into these games because it seemed like a strange thing. It's so violent. Why are all the games about killing? It's perverse. It's a mind-control tactic. It reinforces the belief system of predator-prey. You are either one or the other. Those attracted to these games (some of them, at least) seem to accept the meme and apply it to their daily lives. I know one person who plays these games. A woman. It's interesting that she's into using black magic to kill and harm those who ANNOY her. They don't have to do or say a thing. She told me about her use of magic in a bragging way....affirming her 'powers'.
That's a common mistake. The real power lies in dominion over SELF. Psuedo power is dominion over OTHERS. You don't need to rule others if you rule yourself!

edit on 3/10/11 by RainbeauBleu because: I'm feeling Chatty!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by sith9157

What a loser. If that was my child he attacked, he'd be eating his food through a straw for the next two years.

Just curious.. if it was your child... and you read some of the very offensive stuff the child posted...how would you react to that ?

Did you read some of the stuff he said? Just curious as a parent how you might deal with that..

Yes I did, and if my child was talking like that over a public channel, he would never play a video game again

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

Yes I did, and if my child was talking like that over a public channel, he would never play a video game again

I like your answer

You sound like the type of parent who wouldn't put up with crap, and strong enough to follow through on it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I've not played the BF3 Beta yet, so I wouldn't know, but in BF:BC2 you can only communicate with your 4 man squad which I really like.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Whenever I get angry like that and get punked off I pull out the knives. This tread pushed me to play a quick revenge game against those type of kids so here it is.

I had 37 kill and 12 deaths. I must pissed of a few of them.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

A 46 year old psycho tries to strangle a 13 year old boy, and the major concern is that the boy was underage for a video game? A 13 year old boy playing a military-style video game? Oh no! Somebody call the pope! In about 3 1/2 years that same boy will be eligible to die in a real war, but it is absolutely forbidden that he learn anything about it before hand, through a video game? Bad parenting? Just because the law says something is bad, doesn't mean it really is... I would much rather see a 13 year old boy playing a video game about war, than to see a 46 year old man STRANGLING a 13 year old boy. But hey, that's just me. I'm wacky!

The question you were supposed to ask was (seeing as you're so concerned with bad parenting):

Why was an unemployed father of 3 playing a damn video game?

THAT, my friend is what you call "bad parenting".

You see?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Wow any gamers here on ATS? Who thinks the kid needed to learn a lesson?

What a great example to teach those punks to learn how to respect others. The internet is not some kind of filter that makes slander and insults any different to saying them in person.

So that gives a 46 year old ADULT the right to strangle a kid? Are you #ing insane?

Moron! A tard like you should be banned just for thinking that way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Originally posted by balon0
Wow any gamers here on ATS? Who thinks the kid needed to learn a lesson?

What a great example to teach those punks to learn how to respect others. The internet is not some kind of filter that makes slander and insults any different to saying them in person.

So that gives a 46 year old ADULT the right to strangle a kid? Are you #ing insane?

Moron! A tard like you should be banned just for thinking that way.

It dosent give him the right to attack the kid, But the kid dosent have a right to mock the old man for loosing either.

The kid mocked the old man, because he thought he was safe from retaliation. That is the reason why a lot people attack each other verbally through the network. They think they are safe, and most of the time they are.

People shouldn't mock people they have no knowledge about, that could cost them dearly like in this case. This kid should have taken his victory like a champ and not like a spoiled brat.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You are correct that a person shouldn't mock someone they know nothing about (common sense, i would hope).

However, you do have the right to mock someone if you like. It's your decision.

A 46 year old father of three that strangles a 13 year old should be removed from his own children (at least until he gets help).

It is wrong to focus so much on the 13yo's wrong-doings. Most teenagers talk trash. It's kind of part of the whole experience of being a teenager.

Focus should be on the vidiot strangler and what his punishment should be.
edit on 4-10-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
what people don't get is that this kid now has a story to tell. Sure....he might be a little shook for a bit but man with this make an amazing anecdote in the near future. The fact that he pushed this man's button to the point of rage out is the goal of many a trolling dipsh*t. Even the most terrifying stories have been reflected on with laughter all around if the have just enough insanity in them and boy does this, lol. That kid won, as far as Im concerned because one of the things that is supposed to come with growing up....with maturity....is knowing when to take the high road. Sadly, many adults do not embrace this often enough and instead will allow some one or some thing to send them off the deep end. Often when looking back we see it was something trivial. How hard would it have been for him to just chalk it up as a loss, maybe lob a few insults back at the brat and go about his day. And while a lot can be said for etiquette, there is also something to be said for adults surrendering to the blame game for their own anger issues. Heck...maybe he was pissed that that little punk was able to best him and still had all these years to become an even better gamer while his hands are probably just a little bit stiff after a long campaign. How dare he mouth off like that and make me conscious of my own shortcomings...HULK SMASH!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The bottom line of this thread is the 46 year old playing games should not let a game anger him so much as to track someone down and hurt them. He obviously has issues and became an embarrassment to his children.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople
reply to post by spy66

You are correct that a person shouldn't mock someone they know nothing about (common sense, i would hope).

However, you do have the right to mock someone if you like. It's your decision.

A 46 year old father of three that strangles a 13 year old should be removed from his own children (at least until he gets help).

It is wrong to focus so much on the 13yo's wrong-doings. Most teenagers talk trash. It's kind of part of the whole experience of being a teenager.

Focus should be on the vidiot strangler and what his punishment should be.
edit on 4-10-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

I dont know if i can agree to this. What you are practically saying is that its OK for a 13 year old to mock anyone as much as he/she likes, if they chooses to do so. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

And, You expect people to take crap from a 13 year old who has no moral understanding of his actions?

Kids these days think they have a right to do as they please without consequence's. That is not very safe and not very smart.
So, Yes the focus should be on the 13 year old, because he might get hurt by his actions. He has no right to mock anyone.

If this kid had some self control over his personal feeling towards others. This incident would probably never have happened.
Beating this 46 year old in a game was not satisfaction enough for this 13 year old kid, So he went all out by mocking his opponent to the point where the 46 year old, took action.

Next time the kid should think twice before he expresses his personal feelings towards others. Because next time he might meat a 20 year old who will kick his ass.

Age has nothing to do with this. If the kid can't behave, someone will make him aware of it, no matter how old they are.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
sorry , im an hardcore gamer myself.
But when someone insult me or taunt during a FPS round, i just turn off the COM/chat and ignore him

if i had to slap and beat every potty mouthed kids, i probably end beating the whole gameserver
the man have serious anger management.

A hardcore operative who is a kiddie gamer?
Now I imagine every Anon member with a super secret decoder ring from cracker jack boxes.
This is getting too funny.
How do these guys expect to be taken seriously?
They should have opted for the more cloak and dagger James Bond image, not the script kiddie stereotype these guys do nothing to downplay with revelations such as this.
Only themselves to blame.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

But I can guarantee you that kid won't be trash talking anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weathermen
reply to post by KatieVA

But I can guarantee you that kid won't be trash talking anymore.

You so sure? Would be nice, but there are no guarantees in life.

If he was a trash talking little brat before..there's a good chance he still will be.. and given the notoriety this incident has given him... wouldn't surprise me if hes gotten worse.

Lets hope that's not the case.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I agree with you...I really do. In the case of going to a friend's house and playing these types of games however, what we as parents do is tell the parent that I don't allow so and so to play so and so. That's what I do anyway. The kids my son hangs out with always supervise the boys as do I when they're over. If a parent requests that their child not do what ever it is...the supervising parent should agree or not let the child visit.

That's how it was when I grew up....everyone watched out for each other. I think the lack of this in today's society is what's missing...complete lack of supervision and parental responsibility.

I understand how it can be as a single parent since I once was a single parent of two myself, but that's still no excuse. Supervision is a must under any circumstances...or else you may find yourself opening your door one day followed by a cop questioning the whereabouts of your child. Here's an example:

One of my daughters asked me when she was thirteen if she could go down to KFC with her friends to protest KFC's [she's a vegetarian
] so-called ridiculous treatment of the chickens. I said yes, but I didn't go with her/them. In less than an hour I got a call from my local police department asking me if I was the parent of so and so. The cop told me to come down and pick my kid up because the girls were outside the KFC marching around with signs and handing out P.E.T.A.(Protection for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) pamphlets to consumers before they walked inside to get food. Now, I thought it was funny [I still get a chuckle to this day about that] however, if that cop had decided to cite me, I would have been heavily fined. I learned my lesson and I learned it good. I had no idea that is what my child would be doing...but....had I been "supervising" her, I never would have allowed that to happen and never would have received that call.

So, I'm sure you see what I'm saying here. We just need to supervise our kids. If we can't, then we need to tell them "no...you can't go...you can't do...you can't stay", or whatever it may be that we as parents are unable to accommodate at that time and "plan" it for another time/day.

Kids are reasonable if we teach them "reason"

edit on 10/4/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
This is hilarious. What I would give to have seen the look on the brat's face as he was getting his ass beat lmfao. Not so confident now, are ya! The only way this could be better is if the attacker slapped the brat's mama, too. rooooooofl.

Shut up mouthpiece!!!!! You're an idiot, just like that 13 year old bratty "Child" talking smack behind a computer/game screen. And an even bigger idiot for wishing that the "46 year old idiot" slapped the mother...

Just stop

edit on 10/4/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join