It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf girl hears her own voice for the first time thanks to a modern technology!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

I think it is a nice story. The video of her crying was very touching. But an interview with her showed that it was an unusual medical condition. I don't think everyone should assume that any one who is hearing imparied would qualify for this technology.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I think it is a nice story. The video of her crying was very touching. But an interview with her showed that it was an unusual medical condition. I don't think everyone should assume that any one who is hearing imparied would qualify for this technology.

True. The tech is usually given to children and babies first and those with careers and a livelihood that depends on their hearing. One of the doctors we saw had one and still worked thanks to it.
My mother also lost hers due to a genetic disorder and is 49. She received the implant 4 years after she was deaf. The tech has been around for awhile, so it looks as though its getting easier to qualify for this. Even though the only qualifications my mother needed was to be profoundly deaf and healthy enough for surgery, they approached her with the whole idea. She's also on disability and won't work even after receiving the implant, so good things still happen.
edit on 3-10-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Your mother has a nice story also.

<< 1   >>

join