It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Slip!!! We just went through it!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I hear what you are saying but in this case my friend it was in fact advertised a year ago.....its just promotional material though to get it drilled into your head so when its finally released you can no longer wait to see it. this is usually done when they know they have to push out the release further because of some production issue but they still want people to ...want to see it.So instead of wasting the time and money spent on that commercial/tv spot/ movie theater trailer.....they just release it anyways....notice how most of them end with a solid color screen and just the title and say something like "THIS SUMMER" ...see what i am saying.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by willbsecret

Think i make no sense....check out the new Batman movie theater trailer...same thing is happening...we wont see that damn thing til next year sometime.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

You did time slip; it's actually the beginning of October

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

If we did slip through time,I would prefer to go back into
time.I would love to be 20 years old again with hair down
to my waist and 50 lbs.lighter!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I feel like I went through a time slip. Today is my first day off since Sept. 5th. I do feel like September went by awful quickly this year but I think I feel that way based on the weather. The trees are already changing here in Michigan.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think most of you took the matrix way to seriously.

I think many of you have officially lost it.

In other news to answer the cowboys and Aliens, the company had released a small pre-trailer(s) for it back in 2009. Then released the official trailers in 2010.

I think if your dog took a poop on your face this morning and you wake up tomorrow and he takes a poop on your face again its pure coincidence. If it happens 3 days in a row, call a hooker, see what happens on day 4 then enjoy the rest of your life.

Deja-vus have been proven as the following:

A brief slip in your memory, when the eyes see and record a certain time, place, object, scenario, but your brain registers it a few milliseconds late. Then the eyes and brain shuffle and bring you right back into the exact moment the "deja vu" like feeling happens. Maybe there is more to the story.

Maybe just maybe we live the same life over and over until we become the divine being we are supposed to be, and until we get it all right, we relive our lives, as many times as it takes, over and over again until we wake up for good as a 5thDi being.

Probably not.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
what are next week lottery numbers lol

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Have you ever considered you are just becoming psychic? Perhaps your recollection of future events is not a time slip at all; rather, you have become more intuitive and can see things before they occur.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I personally do not think timeslips are probable. And I really think that an individual encountering a timeslip is even less likely. You have not undergone a timeslip at all. It is your PERCEPTION of time and its passing that seems altered. Most likely culprit would be sleep or stress induced. And stress does not have to mean problems at work type of thing. It can also be good stress. Happy events can alter our energy levels and zap us just as much as the worries we endure. Sleep seems most likely to me. I went through sleep deprivation a few years ago, unbeknownst to me. I went to bed, slept all night, but since i wasnt getting any REM sleep, no dreams, I wasnt really getting real rest. I started experience missing time, losing track of time, losing track of days.

Time itself is not "slipping" or "skipping" If it were true, there would be evidence. For example, if you lost a few hours, then so would your wristwatch, or ipad or any other time keeping devices yu had on you when the timeslip happened. Although the ipads might auto correct when the timeslip was over. I would say if you want to seriously spend time investigating this inlikely theory of timeslips, then go to out and buy an old-fashioned watch. If you are wearing it, it will track time the same as you do. If you slip for a few hours, your watch will show it. If it doesnt show a timeslip, then it is safe to assume that either
a)you slip through time but what you are wearing does not, wich would indicate that you would be naked when coming out of the timeslip.
or
b)any "slips" you experience are only mental, and are likely the result of sleep/stress/

there is also an unlikely thought of hypnosis. tv, certian websites, might be employing a type of visual or inaudible auditory signal to induce hypnosis. some people may be more sensitive to this and get "lulled" a bit too much, perhaps losing their ability to keep track of time. Might account for some of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I would like to know those numbers myself.I would pay off
all my bills,buy a place waaaay away from anyone before
my kids' realized that I won

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickGozinya
reply to post by Bluesma

You did time slip; it's actually the beginning of October

Well at the time I posted, it was 6 AM on the first of Oct. So I couldn't yet say what the weather was going to be liek that day- only the days preceding... which had been... September!

But ended up going to the beach all day- it was in fact another midsummer-like day....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here is my time slip story.

Please help me figure this out

My Time Slip Thread

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Have you ever considered you are just becoming psychic? Perhaps your recollection of future events is not a time slip at all; rather, you have become more intuitive and can see things before they occur.
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Ah, closer to what is happening.

I've read all the comments on this thread and realized that the account of the op is not an isolated experience, which is a good sign. If it was isolated, it might be dismissed as simply a lapse in mental attention or some other such excuse. Clearly, it is not - more people are experiencing this phenomenom.

If I may provide another analogy to my earlier post - imagine a particular time-line like a strip of film. The film moves through the projector at a certain speed and due to light passing through individual frames, one at a time, an image appears on a screen. The mind is like a screen on which the perception of time passes as events seem to occur. The frames which have preceeded that moment seem to have passed from existence, the frames yet to come seem to be unknown. Only this moment exists. Or does it?

Obviously, the film strip exists in it's entirety, but to the observer it exists only in fleeting moments of time on the 'screen' of their mind. The light illuminating each individual frame could be compared to consciousness or awareness if you prefer.

What do you think 12/21/2012 or to some people 10/28/2011 really signifies? It is not the "end of the world", but it is a definite change to the way time is perceived and experienced. For some, this may mean that more frames of the film are illuminated at any given point in time than just the individual frame most people are accustomed to experiencing, for others, the frames will appear 'out of sync'. The word "recollection" used in your post is perfect for describing this effect. You see, the film already exists, some may even have seen the film before, but in either case, people are 'recollecting' the scenes in the film in a way never before experienced. Now, throw into this analysis the existence of alternate time lines and you become aware of the inter-meshing or over-lapping of events that were, are, and are yet to come. The possibilities are endless and the effect very disconcerting unless an understanding of what 'time' is, becomes understood.

For the poster that claims an individual appeared on an album cover that they never before had noticed being there, perhaps this will help in understanding. Alternate time lines allow for different outcomes and as these lines begin to merge many 'strange' things will occur. People that were once dead will be alive, events that were remembered as once occurring will occur again, etc.

As you stated in your post, some people will consider this an increase in psychic abilities or a blossoming of intuition, sadly some will simply think they are 'losing their minds'.

Hopefully, this post will help to make sense about what is happening. One thing is certain - this awareness will only increase in the time to come.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Your subconcious is an amzing thing. It proabally did happen though and you didn't remeber it but your subconcoius did

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I've been experiencing them lately.. just through facebook posts though.
weird.. wish i had an explanation

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
So THATS why we're all still here !

Maybe in the other time line ELEnin caused a massive earthquake, the suns CME caused a massive power outage and most of our nuclear power plants had to release some radiation into the atmosphere in order to divert a disaster.

Now, that evokes interesting (and amusing) musings . . . maybe all (most, a lot, some, one . . .) of the 'impending doom' threads on here are really real . . . maybe, as you jokingly suggest, at the culmination of each we get thrown into an 'alternate timeline' and continue our existence, without memory of the cataclysm, to continue with our lives.

That would really make for some rough times for all the speculative 'doomsaying believers' - they would never have memory or vindication of being right. Somehow, that seems strangely just.

On a more serious note to the OP, I appreciate this thread as I do all the new 'Time Shift,' 'Alternate Reality,' etc. threads. I have a great deal of interest in the perceived phenomenon (phenomena) and continue to seek an acceptable, explanatory general theory. I do believe, in some occurrences, there is something other than just 'tricks of the mind' at play. Thank you for the post.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Don't know if I'd call these time slips but for some time I've been completely losing days. I'm actually on a Thursday and I'm adamant it's Wednesday. I get really angry about it since I am positive I didn't 'live through' the actual day I 'missed'. Even afterwards sitting down to look through my days, what I've done and who I've been with, I can't show anything for that day. It happens at least once every two weeks. Is it normal? Probably not since I'm not lol But it's definitely annoying, if it happened just once or twice I'd put it down to stress but eh, I don't know, I'd say it's been over a year now since it started happening frequently.

As to your experience, I lean towards the physic theory more just in the sense that I believe some people are more perceptive to certain things than others be it through dreams or 'time slips' or any other way. Maybe research different aspects of being a physic and see if anything familiarizes with what you experience.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJellybean
Don't know if I'd call these time slips but for some time I've been completely losing days. I'm actually on a Thursday and I'm adamant it's Wednesday. I get really angry about it since I am positive I didn't 'live through' the actual day I 'missed'. Even afterwards sitting down to look through my days, what I've done and who I've been with, I can't show anything for that day. It happens at least once every two weeks.
CUT

You could simply write something down in a diary everyday or simply circle the days on the calendar to check if you simply lose memory of it or it is something else.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I cook every meal in my environment. I often beg people to come over so that I can try new dishes out on them for the enjoyment of their enjoyment.

At any rate, I have noted that food suddenly is not "keeping" as long! I note that there is a rapid "spoilage" going on. I thought at first it was my fridge and I began keeping all meats in the freezer until that very day I wanted to work with them. Cheese would start to "sweat" out and then go dry and mold fast! (yes I scrubbed the fridge out). Veggies are odd across the spectrum. Some veggies seem to become "suspended" without any aging at all, then others like lettuce seem to just go mush in their package.

I brought home a ham steak and had not even unwrapped it when it ballooned out with air in the package! That very day!

I know that most "left-overs" are better tasting because the flavors get to infuse more deeply, but I must say that all of my food knocks my socks off the next day. I have even begun to cook some things and let them sit to be used as "Leftovers"! LOL I should capitalize on that one! "Leftover is now the Prime Rib of Life"!

As for the other mentionings I am there with you all, this is the "Acceleration of Spirit" just as it has been said about the Mayan Pyramid and the final days!

Even the Bible says that GOD must push forward these days or "shorten" these days in order for man to survive them! (I am not sure he meant physically survive)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AurelioMaghe

Funny you say that since I have tried before, thing is I always end up 'forgetting' to mark of the day before and the day after the day I 'missed' (noticed this when looking through everything to see what was happening) and there have been times where I have an interview on the Wednesday for example, I'm on Thursday panicking that I missed it then in the next second I remember going to the interview but I don't recall living the Wednesday at all.....

Maybe I'm just going senile at 23 lol

Can I blame 'them'?
I'm going to blame 'them' =)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join