It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMORPG's - something that might be interesting for some ATS members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
General chit chats seems a safe place to put this thread... and my reason for posting this is to meet the acquaintance of others with similar interests. So, I present this - mostly for fun.

It seems probable that some few of us on Above Top Secret, in addition to being concerned about serious things, also enjoy entertainment. And some of that entertainment may involve MMORPG's - which most of us know as "massive multiplayer online roleplaying games". ATS is kinda-sorta like a club in some ways, we may not all be interested in the same things, or agree on them, but we are AWARE of more than what makes the news at nine.

The main thrust is to see what games you are interested in - and maybe that will open the way to members of ATS grouping up on occasion in their favorite games.

Personally, while I work from home, I'm on call 24/7. My game time usually leads to going solo and at present there are no games that I'm particularly attached to. Groups, obviously are a helluva lot more fun. In that regard, getting together with others having similar interests tends to lead to more reliable, friendly groups.

Another thing and while I don't want to come right out and "promote it" - there's a new game expected to go live next year that would seem to be "closely aligned" to the whole ATS spectrum of interests. It actually may warrant further discussion - if it is given the okay by a moderator.

Leastwise, when I first came across it, I immediately thought "ATS" - where some "clubs" have bowling teams, and some have soccer teams, or knitting circles... well... what are your thoughts?
edit on 30-9-2011 by USXpat because: added "others having...." similar interests

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Me personally - I don't get much time for video games but when I do I like playing World of Tanks...the battles are usually only 5-15 mins long and it's a fun team game

Plus I really get a kick out of it when my team stomps a sh*t talker...the other day some kid was throwing line after line of "you're all gonna die" and "I'm coming for you" and then we promptly handed his team their ass while they only got 1 of our tanks.

Best part is it's completely free...of course you can pay if you want too...but why the hell would you do that.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i could use a few good suggestions for something not to role playing based, i enjoyed battlefield and play counter strike source competitiveness, and have been looking for something new to flex my macro's
and free
edit on 1-10-2011 by ValisInUnderland because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
We could form a WoW guild.

Alliance, of course.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ValisInUnderland

try world of tanks...it's completely free...even the software...just go to worldoftanks.com

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Good to see that there's gamers here, too - thanks for participating in the thread - hope to keep it going a bit.

I've not gotten into FPS (first person shooter) games much but found pvp to be great fun in some games. Have been an avid wargamer for ages going back to the days of Avalon Hill's "Squad Leader" and "Rise and Decline of the Third Reich". These days for wargames, it is mostly The Operational Art of War III - which is mostly for 2 players in pbem mode. Very old game by today's standards - but very loyal player base.

For MMO's - early on WOW had its moments, but mostly for being involved in a friendly guild; then EVE, Warhammer, DDO and Rift. TSW is looking promising - especially if a good group can be started from the beginning - modern setting, open class system, a world where the "all myths/conspiracies" are true - and which will require team play that will apparently go so far as to require "real world" research and problem solving.

Hopefully see more pop into the thread!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

thanks, checking it out now,
i need something to relax too, lol i used to love just picking people off at long distance in battlefield, or c4ing everything , buggies or tanks etc and abandoning them,

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I play League of Legends, its technically a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) and its free to play. Constantly coming out with new content and the gameplay is fun and addictive.

new topics

top topics

join