It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

multiple membership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Had a thought that there are most likely some members here , who post with multiple accounts.

Its no big deal if they do, and I could see the advantages of it, especially if you are a mod, and you really just want to talk freely... incognito , and be able to have your say with some anonymity.

Does anyone else here think that there maybe some members with more than one identity on board ,including the mods ?

I can't be the only one who suspects this.... and like I said.. it isn't a big deal if they do.

I just found it an intriguing thought, and wondered if I could match them up..if it were true..
.. you know sorta like playing fish , and seeing if you can pick the matching card.

So I wondered if any of you wanted to play the game with me, of matching up multiple members , just cause I'm bored ..and I think it would be fun..

Unfortunately I only have this one membership , but it makes me tempted to start another just to see if you could pick me out incognito.. ( I know ...I know... my bad grammar and spelling would give me away..but I'd work on that)

anyone else with thoughts or ideas.. on multiple memberships ?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It seems in some threads especially religion and politics two members will have a go at each other.
Arguing about something only vaguely related to the topic, responding rapid fire with accusations and critiques.
I wonder about those.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

There are members here with multiple accounts. It is against the T & C's of ATS.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I already feel enough like a loser as much as Im on here and posting so to have MULTIPLE.... They need to get another hobby then.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

There are members here with multiple accounts. It is against the T & C's of ATS.

ahh....I vaguely remember reading that , now that you mention it...

oh well..so much for my lil idea on an entertaining game..

but then again that doesn't stop anybody from throwing some ideas out there..just for a chuckle..

If the mods want to throw this into ..jokes,and puns forum..that's cool with me..

It wasn't really meant to out or offend anyone .. but just to have a little fun with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I already feel enough like a loser as much as Im on here and posting so to have MULTIPLE.... They need to get another hobby then.

I can understand that.. but mods have to be here anyway.. so ..I could totally understand them doing it.

and just because you have multiple accounts wouldn't necessarily mean you spend more time here... just when you do .. it wouldn't seem often.

I think the real disinfo people have multiples for sure...and those getting paid to do what they do here.

It's interesting to speculate about , which ever the case is...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yes there are people with multiple accounts on ATS, and even non people with multiple accounts ie bots. Though even they usually like to use one account even if they have two or more.

But I like to be surprised so I don't think I will play the matching game. I like to meet new and interesting people, even if there not new or all that interesting. I can always pretend they are. You know so I don't hurt there feeling by not playing along.

Hey you just never really know....Why even I might have another account on here....Or maybe even all the accounts on here with cat avatars are actually me in disguise...You just never know who is who, on the world wide web.

Nah just messing with you! One of me is more then this board can handle, or I can stand of myself. If there were two of me I would have to troll myself till one of us disappears. For there can be only one.

But sometimes I get bored and end up talking to myself. Really I could make an entire thread that is just me talking to myself about stuff that makes no sense to anyone, not even to me. But fortunately for everybody, making threads is against my religion. So no need to fear that outcome.

Hey! I bet this thread probably breaks some T@C, I should report you op, looks like your up to no good, you trouble maker you.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Sometimes I think that there are mulitple people behind one avatar. Don't you find it uncanny that certain debunkers can find a thread and post an answer, within minutes, with links and photos to an incident that occured in 1978 that debunks the OP's whatever, chemtrail, ufo, comet, plantet, etc..... It doesn't matter the time of day or day of week, there they are.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Nah just messing with you! One of me is more then this board can handle, or I can stand of myself. If there were two of me I would have to troll myself till one of us disappears. For there can be only one.

I for one would appreciate two of you..double the entertainment
.. you're always fun...and you have some good wisdom to impart ..in your own unique way of doing so.

Hey! I bet this thread probably breaks some T@C, I should report you op, looks like your up to no good, you trouble maker you.

I know...I'm so baaaad.... hopefully they let it slide just for pure entertainment sake.

who knows..maybe they are playing the game right now amongst themselves .. just for kicks

But I like to be surprised so I don't think I will play the matching game. I like to meet new and interesting people, even if there not new or all that interesting. I can always pretend they are. You know so I don't hurt there feeling by not playing along.

I can understand that train of thought... its always nice to relate to each character someone may want to be, solely on that level .

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Sometimes I think that there are mulitple people behind one avatar. Don't you find it uncanny that certain debunkers can find a thread and post an answer, within minutes, with links and photos to an incident that occured in 1978 that debunks the OP's whatever, chemtrail, ufo, comet, plantet, etc..... It doesn't matter the time of day or day of week, there they are.

ok.. that one never really crossed my mind..but that makes total sense as well..

hmmm..intriguing..

edit on 1-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I had an old account.
The username is my name and I became quite paranoid that anybody (mainly real life friends) could look at the odd things I was talking about on here, you know (UFO, Paranormal and all that stuff) they just wouldn't get it.

So I changed to Chukkles. (Spelt that way on purpose.)

You can try to find it, I don't post under that profile no more though.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Last time I checked it's not.
Your just not allowed to talk to yourself using 2 accounts to get your post count up.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

It's an interesting topic you've raised. In my short time here, at times, I've been a little suspect of some threads that appear to have common traits to what seems to be an unrelated thread with a different member name.

Also, posters replying within a thread appear to have very similar linguistic patterns to the OP.... ??

Key indicators, such as syntax, grammar and common idiocracies are hard to fake over time and are reasonable clues to multiple accounts.

I'm a dead give away, I couldn't possibly get away with a second account.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Perhaps because: typo's

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As Chukkles said, you can have more than one account, but you are not allowed to talk to yourself with it. You can be banned for it. There are a few members here who have openly admitted to having more than one account. And others who have hinted at it.

new topics

top topics

join