It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My uncle Dick.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My uncle dick was patriot up till he got cancer around the same time Elvis died. I was a young boy and "My uncle Dick" Comited suicide that year due to acute rapid intestional cancer. He was a comunications expert from Korea to Veitnam. After the wars he worked for ma bell communications which has long since passed. He is long since dead along with his only brother and sister who was my mother.

I recently have been going through old photo's and came across this one
Before anyone even claims photoshop I have the original 2 photo's of what be my induction into this phenom at a very early age.

I am Bobby the boy on the lap of uncle Dick.
Look to the mid left of the photo and tell me WTH is that?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Can you please clarify what it is that you think is unusual? The pic is really small (even on the site linked to) and I can't tell what it is you're trying to call our attention to.

By the way, "ma bell" is alive and well, she just went through a few name changes (Southwestern Bell, then SBC Communications, then AT&T).

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

The pic was small so scan is small on my pc using a typical 22" monitor the pic looks the actual size of the original if not bigger sorry but back then they did not have 1080p. I am refering to the machinery on the left. Yes ma bell is dead and had been dead for years. I know ameritech became ma bell eventually also whatever it's still not ma bell.
edit on 30-9-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Looks to me to be some kind of large artillery or anti-aircraft gun. Looks to be of the coastal artillery type.

Do you know where this was taken?

Peace
KJ

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

No i was thinking some large land based howizer myself. Kid walking on barell. Never seen howizers with front blast sheilds though?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Is it a person up uncle's Dick head?

Frami

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

During the apollo missions my parents both worked for boeing in the vertol division in Philidelphia Pa. We lived in Prospect park, Pa
In fact today I cashed out on some old boeing ZD (zero defects) pins of my dads. Still got a few left.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Its a gun....similar to this

Why is this in Alien nd U.F.O ???

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

I think I mis posted this into wrong catagory.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

This has a leg system not a round turret for support, but yes the blast sheild.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

GIGO - at that resolution , unless you can get a scan of the negative - forget it

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That is a coastal defense artillery cannon from World War 1 or 2. Looks like it's probably a 3" or 5" cannon.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Found it. It's a 6" M1903 Barbette Gun with a protective cover very similar to this one:

new topics

top topics

join