It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phantom Clowns Outbreak.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

Children disappear at greater numbers today than ever. They haven't stopped disappearing nor have they stopped disappearing between 'clown flaps'.

www.missingkids.com...

Listen, I don't want to try to make you see it the way that I do.

I am not saying that the individual clowns aren't possibly one or two people; I am suggesting that it is an organized effort by some group of people that want to cause a particular effect of memory on society.

No one is ever abducted. But lots of these incidents are reported as if in a state of mass hysteria. And when children go missing people remember those clowns; or social workers. No one is ever hurt or apprehended.

You are talking about predators but these clowns are apparently not predating upon anything but people's terror and the lulz. They run away as soon as the children do what they expect them to do; they call the authorities.

Let me know when you need new links as mentioned before.

Also, not 20+ years. The one flap early on and then these two in 2008.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have a saying, "In every joke is a bit of truth, and every truth is, itself, a bit of a joke"

I have joked recently about the next abduction skit being "Furry's". We'll see.

For some reason, I recall something like this happening in the 70's, and maybe 50's, but different themes. IF it happened in the 50's, I would bet that would contain better clues about why these abductions are going on. That would probably be the era of the "trial runs".

But, a strange thing... we all have a strange fear of things like witches in the forest. How many stories of ye ol' have we all heard about "(enter person's description) who lived in the forest, that liked to abduct and eat children". I wonder if there weren't scare tactics entertained long ago to try and do what is happening to the Irish Gypsies now... civilize them. "Live in the township under serfdom, and live in the township under security". It's almost like telling a kid "Don't go in that cave because the bear will eat you" instead of trying to explain the dangers of caves, which would most likely make him more curious.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just contributing because this thread sparked some memory for me. Here is some detail of a local report from 2009.

Let's look at a case in Fitchburg, Wisconsin in year 2000 first.

According to the Wisconsin State Journal of Madison, dated June 20, 2000:

"A man dressed in a complete clown costume and holding three helium balloons tried to lure children into woods near the King James Court apartments, at about 12:30 PM Monday, Fitchburg Police said."

A couple of days later, the Wisconsin State Journal of Madison printed this story:

"Suspicious Clown Had Unique Face Paint

Fitchburg Police, investigating a man in a clown costume who tried to lure children into the woods on Monday, have concluded he's not a "legitimate" clown. Detective Todd Stetzer, who said he's learned a lot about clowning since the man appeared near the King James Court apartments, said the man's black face paint set him apart from any of the three mainstream styles of clown costumery. "That's extremely, extremely unique", he said. "It isn't in the legitimate style of clowning, which kind of leads us to believe the person was using it as a costume only for this purpose (enticement)."

Became interested when seeing this thread because I vaguely remember the report above as my sons were elementary school age and we live smack in front of a school. We also had a rash of reports of people in the early nineties driving white/brown vans trying to lure kids with PUPPETS. I don't see any similarities with the time or date above. The local stories always surfaced in sept/oct. right after school started, leaving me to wonder if this was all just a bunch of folklore among neighbors and parents once the "stranger safety" training seemed began in class but the links to the other stories sure have me interested! Weird.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

What would be interesting would be to see if it would be possible to correlate an increase in child abductions with the appearance of the clowns. In my mind I can't help but think of what looks like a deliberate attempt to stop the story from going beyond local which is reported by Wells.

I really like your post. My mind is drawn to the same sort of things when considering this type of stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This is an interesting story.

I have a fond like of Clowns but I know many people do not like them.

The stories sound very familiar to how gangs abduct children to sell on later.

If you find out anything else or it happens again please do post more info!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What would be the purpose of running a military psy-op for over 20+ years?

Just to be clear, I never suggested that it is a military psy-op.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
reply to post by Whateva69

Just clarifying that my post is not based on fiction..

But yeah, that's definitely weird.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Thanks for contributing that's a new incident and that is exactly what i was looking for! I find it odd the same M.O. is being followed

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I would like the other links. I read the finders article.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

I would too,I believe i posted my link but if i have not let me know and i shall.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Just for the record, as far as we know because there seems to be some concerted effort to keep these stories from going local, this is what we got....

1980s. Phantom Clown activity in America.

1990s. Phantom Social Workers in Britain.

2000. Phantom Clown activity Fitchburg, WI.

2008. Phantom Clown episodes X2 (or 3? can you sum it OP?) Chicago, IL.

Is that the correct tally?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect

Studies show that Predators do not work well together and even nature shows us that natural predators with the exception of Dinos do not hunt together. So what makes you certain that it is a group of organized predators?

Sorry I know this is off-topic but...excuse me????
What about lions, hyenas and wolves...just off the top of my head!
Please stop making such ridiculous posts...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

Actually studies show that lions often act as scavengers eating the left overs of what others leave. www.lionlamb.us... "Lions are also expert scavengers, and obtain as much as 40 percent of their food by stealing it from other predators, or finding already dead animals." I hate when actual facts get in the way of emotional arguments don't you?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The Chicago incident is more like X4-X5 incidents by my count but i could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
this sounds like nothing paranormal.... maybe coordinated.. but not paranormal. stolen vans, and clown make up do not equal paranormal.

If they have not been caught they may be backed by a powerful organization or they are just lucky. heck they could just be social workers working so OT.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm just wondering... Do kids even like clowns these days? Everytime I take mine to the circus they always get freaked out by them and they've never seen the movie IT so it can't be that.

Maybe that's why these clowns (figuretivly and literally) have not had luck. Thank goodness these Bozos haven't gotten away with actually kidnapping anyone.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've seen this movie and it's pretty creepy- this thread reminded me of it.....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok seems like IT has come around with the rest of his family, Think I'll stay inside on Halloween night.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Keep in mind most of the outbreaks occurred back in the 80s when the circus was still popular..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

I think things from the other side use forms that are familiar to us to coax us to letting our guard down. It is no different then a predator using its biologically given talents to lure its prey into letting down its guard...
edit on 6-10-2011 by zeroeffect because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join