It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Thousands upon thousands of OccupyWallSt protesters decend on NYC's 1st precinct

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

JP Morgan just made a record donation to the NYPD of 4.6 million.

It looks like it is in direct response to the protests!

J. P. Morgan Chase is over 50% of the derivatives market. According to figures from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) as at December 31, 2001 JPM had notional amounts of derivative contracts outstanding of US$ 23,520 billion or US$ 23.5 trillion.

I heard just recently that number is up at $76 trillion!

JPM has been the subject of considerable scrutiny by the Gold Anti-Trust Committee (GATA) as one of the chief culprits behind the alleged gold manipulation.

Guess who was the major speculator during the Oil hikes? Derivatives are securities whose value depends on the values of other basic underlying securities.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh thats I right, I forgot that Women, Blacks and Gays have no right to vote and own property in America. Ooops I am confused. That is some other country... what were the protests for again?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whathasitcome2

Because, it has become impossible to tell the difference between elected officials and concentrated capital.

Because, the government has no power to fix the problems we see. JP Morgan alone hold over 70 trillion in derivatives, and will triple this amount through inflation alone.

Because, wall street seeks to fleece America and steal its wealth!

Because if you dont stand for something you will fall for anything!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darksky

My guess is the response to this will be simple. Nothing. Wall Street is not concerned with a bunch of entitlement minded brats who think its unfair that they can't get a job because they majored in Liberal Arts while in college. They can protest all they like, give them a couple of weeks of sleeping in the cold and they'll go back to bumming money from their parents so they can go buy Starbucks.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by svetlana84

Unfortunately, there is no revolution without martyrs. Soon or later, all this will get to that stage. Remember our history.

Indeed..

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, by the blood of patriots".

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whathasitcome2

What world are you living in if you trust the voting system when it is rigged just ask msm

The people in power are there because this corruption goes back 100's of years and they acquire their power like its family china or their birth right. We as voters are beaten into a vote by manipulation the very day we start school or watch tv or read a paper our free will is bought and paid for or are you one of the 1% or will you wait till the 3rd world is your doorstep and then take action to take back what is rightfuly yours, freedom

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duamutef9
reply to post by darksky

My guess is the response to this will be simple. Nothing. Wall Street is not concerned with a bunch of entitlement minded brats who think its unfair that they can't get a job because they majored in Liberal Arts while in college. They can protest all they like, give them a couple of weeks of sleeping in the cold and they'll go back to bumming money from their parents so they can go buy Starbucks.

Sir when everyones savings are worthless, or we see interest rates of 30% America will burn! This message is clear, and not a joke! It wont be the Fed who is lynched, it will be those at JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Faux News etc...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i wonder how many of those thousands of protesters owe money on a credit card to those banks they are surrounding....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Link : 'Let us go!': About 400 arrested in Wall Street protest

NEW YORK — About 400 anti-Wall Street protesters were arrested on Saturday after blocking traffic lanes on the Brooklyn Bridge and attempting an unauthorized march across the span, police and witnesses said.

"Approximately 400 were arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge late this afternoon after multiple warnings by police were given to protesters to stay on the pedestrian walkway," a police spokesman told Reuters.

"Some complied and took the walkway without being arrested. Others locked arms and proceeded on the Brooklyn-bound vehicular roadway. The latter were arrested," he added.

Wow! They have only themselves to blame.

If an officer warns you to follow the law, you must accept the penalty for not following instructions.

edit on 10/1/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Meanwhile, on related news, more than 40,000 PLUS people are expected to OCCUPY each stadium across the NFL this Sunday and Monday.

NFL Attendance

I seriously have to question whether this occupy Wall Street really has the attention of Americans much less the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duamutef9
reply to post by darksky

My god, it's attitudes like yourself that has plunged your country into this mess. Your thinly veiled fascism is vile and damn you for belittling those who wish to do something about this pseudo-capitalist nightmare that has bled every country dry.

Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
If an officer warns you to follow the law, you must accept the penalty for not following instructions.

Erm.... which protest you talkin bout?

I was there right when people came on to the bridge watching from the upper level. There were cops everywhere, some with access to PA systems in their cars. They said nothing to dissuade people from going on the bridge. It DID seem like they were walking along with the crowd to keep them safe from traffic. Honestly, I'm just glad nothing really bad happened. Containing people in a small area with a fatal drop on either side doesn't seem like the best crowd control idea.
one of comments on NYT

It was book example of entrapment.

NBC seems to have pretty clear bias on those events, and try to show demonstrants in bad light:

In addition to what they view as excessive force and unfair treatment of minorities, including Muslims, the movement is also protesting against home foreclosures, high unemployment and the 2008 bailouts.

but this fragment is even more clear:

A police commander doused a handful of women with pepper spray in an incident captured on video and spread via the Internet, galvanizing the loosely organized protest movement.

Doused a handful of woman.... bad choice of words IMHO, wat u think?

edit on 1-10-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
well walking on the road is a safety issue as well, if a driver accidentally its someone the police were kinda right in arresting some people as there is the crime of jaywalking, and blocking the flow of traffic.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
Ive never said this before but I feel the urge today as ive never been so proud of Americans Iknow the whole of the world is watching yous.

GO U S A , U S A , U S A , U S A, U S A, U S A

This is the team America the world will forevever remember this could be the greatest generation the world has ever seen keep making history.

Has anyone else on ATS noticed the goverment shills posting negative comments about this pure obvious

edit on 1-10-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

Oh Yea! The shills are there. But perhaps a different equation. Maybe it is something more than we can see? Perhaps this whole situation has been "created" or at least precipitated by those who Are shilling here, Could this really be a set-up? A for real false flag? Man I gotta get some sleep too deep for me. Star for noticing the shillers
DH

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Have people forgotten that protests are not about compliance with the law? Everyone talks about peaceful protest, and I agree that it is best, but damn peaceful protest is also peaceful resistance. Why are people afraid of being arrested?

Damn. We really have forgotten how to get things done...

Originally posted by Section31

Blame? Dang, I'd consider it a badge of honor.
edit on 1/10/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone saw this on another thread about this protest. A video I put together with some compelling photos of the event.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

They are all idealistic naive tools used to create chaos and violence in a big joke created by trolls.

The chaos can then be used to benefit evil men.

Things will get out of hand, cops and kids will fight and bleed. Anybody truly in control will laugh and only benefit from it. There were a few people getting this stuff to happen from the start and nobody realizes it.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In order to be taken seriously, you have to have a weapon. You have to pose a threat. Today it was made clear that non-violent weapons are not acceptable when they arrested 400 people for blocking a street. What they are saying is that it's ok to say you are protesting something, but taking action to create change is going too far.

At some point, the people will have to hold the field to affect actual change. Until then the whole thing is just "neat".

If they were going to respond to public outcry willingly, things would have already begun to change.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by svetlana84

Unfortunately, there is no revolution without martyrs. Soon or later, all this will get to that stage. Remember our history.

I want that pig's head who pepper sprayed that innocent woman in the face for no reason other than he got his rocks off on hurting innocent people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join