It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Thousands upon thousands of OccupyWallSt protesters decend on NYC's 1st precinct

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm too new to make my own thread. Thought this was interesting:
"The Marines Are Coming to PROTECT Protestors"

www.in5d.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitsuzen
I'm too new to make my own thread. Thought this was interesting:
"The Marines Are Coming to PROTECT Protestors"

www.in5d.com...

Thanks for sharing. I really hope that catches on. I especially like (paraphrasing here) the whole "I didn't fight for Wall Street, I fought for America".

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You didnt know that bill is a puppet?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm watching the live streaming video...Anyone else feel an overwhelming urge to break in to song with This Land is Your Land?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Isshhhh.

I'm not convinced one bit here.
Geez I had more conviction at 14 compared to those in the O'Reilly video.
I mean its not complicated, switch military budget into creating jobs, less war more peace, less lobbying will equal less corruption, more accountability from bussiness towards natural resources, more realistic penalties for fraudulant bussiness or collussion. And none of those demands are socio/communist related.

I can believe no one thought about this before. Why theres no demands yet. The whole manifestation thing just for the fun of it is starting to bug me big time.
C'MON MAN. what they'll do in november when it start snowing lol?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Police - real gangsters supporting corporations !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Isshhhh.

I'm not convinced one bit here.
Geez I had more conviction at 14 compared to those in the O'Reilly video.
I mean its not complicated, switch military budget into creating jobs, less war more peace, less lobbying will equal less corruption, more accountability from bussiness towards natural resources, more realistic penalties for fraudulant bussiness or collussion. And none of those demands are socio/communist related.

I can believe no one thought about this before. Why theres no demands yet. The whole manifestation thing just for the fun of it is starting to bug me big time.
C'MON MAN. what they'll do in november when it start snowing lol?

Most of the people there understand what you said. You think Papa Bear's gonna air them on his show?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
LIVESTREAM, counter is raising like crazy, over 4000 in circa 10mins.
CNN deployed moderators to all threads, so this doesnt spread, you cant post anything without aproval, they smell troubles.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I was wondering why people are calling this a protest this is not this is a movement and it is a global one at that.
Am I the only one who thinks or sees this.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
it's going down everyone, here's the feed: www.livestream.com...

it was live a few minutes ago, waiting for it to come up again, here's the deal: protesters were marching, cops herded them onto the brooklyn bridge, penned in both sides, trapped everyone, and are currently arresting them all, one by one. looks like thousands of people..
edit on 1-10-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
I was wondering why people are calling this a protest this is not this is a movement and it is a global one at that.
Am I the only one who thinks or sees this.

I have just been watching the live feed, and I came to ATS to say exactly that.... So well said

I have noticed that there are many people following this from all around the world. I might be crazy, but there is also something in the air which makes me feel extremely hopeful.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

There were never thousands of people. I support peaceful protest but hate liars.

We all know that as time goes on the fake Anarchists will do things off camera to get themselves arrested on video and then lie about why they were arrested. Face it, they are fakes and liars. All those little creeps want is attention and to be around if an opportunity to steal something comes up. They are becoming hated as they ruin any real protests.

Anyone who goes violent, screw them. Their not protestors. Their just creepy little thugs.

Peaceful protest does not involve harming innocent people and businesses. Those doing that are part of the problem themselves and should be scorned. Period end of subject. Violence is the product of warped minds and bad people.

Sadly it's looking like some of this is Soros backed. Anyone with Soros is fake as well. You have to be a truly bad person to follow Soros. Amazing how he can buy protestors with a few handouts, isn't it? You can be sure he has folks out there trying to get arrested. Watch for those who hide their faces.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

There were never thousands of people. I support peaceful protest but hate liars.

We all know that as time goes on the fake Anarchists will do things off camera to get themselves arrested on video and then lie about why they were arrested. Face it, they are fakes and liars. All those little creeps want is attention and to be around if an opportunity to steal something comes up. They are becoming hated as they ruin any real protests.

Anyone who goes violent, screw them. Their not protestors. Their just creepy little thugs.

Peaceful protest does not involve harming innocent people and businesses. Those doing that are part of the problem themselves and should be scorned. Period end of subject. Violence is the product of warped minds and bad people.

Sadly it's looking like some of this is Soros backed. Anyone with Soros is fake as well. You have to be a truly bad person to follow Soros. Amazing how he can buy protestors with a few handouts, isn't it? You can be sure he has folks out there trying to get arrested. Watch for those who hide their faces.

see, internet will get you to a place where you think you're actually there when you're not..I'm in new york. I'm not down on the bridge right now..but, being in the area physically, lends inself to being able to acquire accurate info. They DO number into the thousands. last saturday, I WITNESSED police beating people with nightsticks, attacking people who were no threat and did not deserve it. I was there. didn't see it online, I was right on the spot. looking at the live feed, as it scans the crowd, it's obvious they're telling the truth. but, hey, believe what you want

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here we go....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

It is in the air in the water and in our blood this is it the world will be one. Thanks for your kind words im glad im not alone

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If you support this link the live feed to your facebook if you have one link there videos to you tube do all that you can the armchair movment is just as important be the one to spread the message the people have risen and there is glimmer of hope for humanity.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

see, internet will get you to a place where you think you're actually there when you're not..I'm in new york. I'm not down on the bridge right now..but, being in the area physically, lends inself to being able to acquire accurate info. They DO number into the thousands. last saturday, I WITNESSED police beating people with nightsticks, attacking people who were no threat and did not deserve it. I was there. didn't see it online, I was right on the spot. looking at the live feed, as it scans the crowd, it's obvious they're telling the truth. but, hey, believe what you want

Are you pretending those arrested did nothing to cause their arrest? Really? How many times have we seen a video of an arrest only to find out they committed acts of violence or looting off camera? We all know that the so called Anarchists are fakes and most of them are there to cause trouble and loot a little if the opportunity arises.

Are you pretending that many if not most are just there for the happening? Don't have a clue what they are protesting for? Know nothing about the topics?

I was involved with this stuff in the 1970's in the Vietnam War protests. I know that most are fake, just like they were then. Some are evil, just like they were then.

The peaceful protesters who have a cause for good reason have my full support. The rest are just creeps.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
From my chair in hind sight...don't try to cross a bridge that doesn't allow for a plan B.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

Are you pretending those arrested did nothing to cause their arrest? Really? How many times have we seen a video of an arrest only to find out they committed acts of violence or looting off camera? We all know that the so called Anarchists are fakes and most of them are there to cause trouble and loot a little if the opportunity arises.

Are you pretending that many if not most are just there for the happening? Don't have a clue what they are protesting for? Know nothing about the topics?

I was involved with this stuff in the 1970's in the Vietnam War protests. I know that most are fake, just like they were then. Some are evil, just like they were then.

The peaceful protesters who have a cause for good reason have my full support. The rest are just creeps.

Pretending..so now I'm the liar..I see. well sure, you can be arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting, etc. there are many laws that can be used to make an arrest happen..so are you saying that no one should protest for fear of fracturing a law or 2? it happens. in every crowd, there are some who are up to no good..but what I saw was committed people of all ages, committed to non-violence and peaceful protest above all. they are NOT how you would paint them, and I have the benefit of direct contact. in this case, you do not. so, you can draw on your past experiences and project them onto this crowd, or, you can be open to information from those of us on location, and understand that i have no reason to lie, exaggerate, or play with the truth in any way. I post about what I saw, what I experienced..what I know from being here. take it or leave it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

peaceful protest are useless, wallstreet deserves violence and they earned it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join