It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Thousands upon thousands of OccupyWallSt protesters decend on NYC's 1st precinct

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The ones calling other's sheeple in this very thread are the same that have given up, that have succumbed to fear as they themselves wants a New World without working on their own end. Pay them no attention as they scream like a demanding kid. This march is not useless, as each individual that stands up for their beliefs and rights even in the face of annihilation, is worth of mention.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I will just say that it's about time.

After watching the ME and then Europe, it's finally come to the place that needs it now more than ever.

Ok America, the World is watching...get up, stand up and DEMAND your rights. Or actually just a return of freedom for a start.

Peace

Most of what happened in Arab countries and Europe was grossly exaggerated by the media, as these nonviolent uprisings did not change much at the end of the day. In Egypt, it even became worst, with a military junta, although there seems to be a conflict still going on.

As long as there is that huge police force that's got the monopoly of violence, real change is unlikely.

The power of the State is founded on its capacity to use violence to safeguard or restore its arbitrary order. Challenge it, massively, and they end up with a powerless, disfunctiona bureaucracy.
edit on 1/10/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Absolutely mind blowing that so many wannabe communists can gather for a demonstation !!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by catro4
reply to post by redrose123

Absolutely mind blowing that so many wannabe communists can gather for a demonstation !!!!

Really? Wannabe capitalists have been gathered in Wall Street for years. Why is this a surprise?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ive never said this before but I feel the urge today as ive never been so proud of Americans Iknow the whole of the world is watching yous.

GO U S A , U S A , U S A , U S A, U S A, U S A

This is the team America the world will forevever remember this could be the greatest generation the world has ever seen keep making history.

Has anyone else on ATS noticed the goverment shills posting negative comments about this pure obvious

edit on 1-10-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Things like this make me wonder about a second American Revolution. I hope this remains peaceful and more masses descend upon Wall Street. However I wonder how many countries and just random individuals that aren't American would join the revolution too.

Wall street may be in America but it's evil fingers grip the whole planet and several governments. I think if the revolution sparked that most of the planet would get on board to support the American citizens. And the US Government along with many banks and corporations would find themselves attacked from every front and from fronts that they didn't even know existed.

Talk about inside jobs, I bet one of us (a regular Joe) on the inside could really do some damage. If you're in there, even just as a janitor please crack the codes and erase the planet's debt for that is the invisible chain which binds us all.

edit on 1-10-2011 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

I found a better video. Losers on parade.
They are wasting their time.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Think you can find a better video than the highly edited crap put out by that ignoramus O'Reilly? He doesn't think our system is corrupt? He's so stupid he couldn't pour pi@@ out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.
'

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Could this be the reason for the large numbers? It seems to me the calvary has arrived but what stake do the unions have occupying Wall St. Seems to me the unions have done as much to bankrupt our nation as the banks have. All over the country states, towns and cities are struggling with the obligations of unfunded liabilities of public sector pensions and retirement benefits the unions demanded. I'm all for the original union mission but they got out of hand years ago.

International unions? hmm
Is ACORN joining you guys as well. After all they forced the banks to lend to people they knew couldn't afford homes so... oh wait, shouldn't someone be protesting them? I thought I saw some red shirts going by are they helping you guys? Cuz if so that's kind of whack.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

O'Reilly's a tool. His reporter asks a kid for an intelligent political response and then smugly says "caught" when he doesn't get one. Cherry pick much for an agenda? But hey I guess people who think O'Reilly is actual news deserve to walk around feeling superior over children. .

Try asking Ron Paul the same question or an economics professor or political scientist who is at the protest. Won't happen because O'Reilly is hardly "reporting" and these people are hardly an accurate representation or cross section of society who see that the system is broken.

Perhaps the original Revolutionaries were also losers who had nothing better to do.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BackandtothelefT
Could this be the reason for the large numbers? It seems to me the calvary has arrived but what stake do the unions have occupying Wall St. Seems to me the unions have done as much to bankrupt our nation as the banks have. All over the country states, towns and cities are struggling with the obligations of unfunded liabilities of public sector pensions and retirement benefits the unions demanded. I'm all for the original union mission but they got out of hand years ago.

International unions? hmm
Is ACORN joining you guys as well. After all they forced the banks to lend to people they knew couldn't afford homes so... oh wait, shouldn't someone be protesting them? I thought I saw some red shirts going by are they helping you guys? Cuz if so that's kind of whack.

Starred, you bring up a great point. While it's good that more people are joining in, be wary of the infiltrators.

It could either be someone throwing a brick through a window, or some corrupt union boss trying to use this as a platform. Those people should be led out of the area by their necks.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
Finally starting to get blips on the news about this. Unfortunately the first one I saw at the end of the clip the newscasters were actually laughing at the protesters. But now, the numbers are growing so fast, "they" have had no choice but to start paying attention. Though it's sad that THIS and THIS are what they are saying. I hope this continues to grow, and I hope that the protests in other cities around the country take root the way this one has.
Good luck to all those involved. I wish I could be a part of it all, but I don't live any where near a big city, nor do I have the resources to travel or take off of work. I will have to be content with spreading the word here in my small town to those who will hear it.

edit on 1-10-2011 by avatar22 because: (no reason given)

“FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU, THEN THEY LAUGH AT YOU, THEN THEY FIGHT YOU…THEN YOU WIN” ~ MAHATMA GANDHI.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Ive seen you post the same anti drivel about these protests but please enlighten us all ant tell us when you plan your rival march for the imaginery capatlist system you feel you live in.

Im sure the people of Africa thought they were free to one time but look at that region now they are so broken that they dare not oppose there severly corrupt goverment no matter how far they are pushed they will never stand up because of bad education and malnutrtion they have lost the will and settled for what little they have.

What will it take for you to take to the streets and stand up for the greater good or what you see as the greater good.

Even if there was one sole protester standing against this corruption, I would still say the same because

kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It's called The People's Mic,they use it where mega phones are not allowed.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's about time people!
We, as Americans have the right to stand up for what we believe in. This is something that should have happened years ago. When we stand together as one voice we have the power to change things for the better. If this is what it takes for the Americans to be heard by the corrupt U.S. Government so be it!

Throughout history it has always took a revolution to bring change to this great nation. It now appears that a new revolution is at hand. I can’t wait to see what the next move from the government will be. Because, if the government comes to the decision that the only way to end this is with force against its own people, the results of that action will not be pretty.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
this is it,

CIA has succeeded infiltrating Facebook

and spawned the same 'social revolution' riots it did worldwide

hellooo, blamin da wrong people - scapegoating as usual

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

He who laughs last laughs loudest.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
About time,

If i was a US citizen id be there also,

Good work, more of you should get down there and show your support

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of this whole thing yet, I'm still on the fence. I know that we were being bombarded the by media with images and HOPE for the Middle Eastern Countries that took to the streets. Protest has been the theme this year. I suppose we are to believe that the uprisings have affected change for the better in the countries they transpired in, but I hardly believe it is any better than status quo for the little people. Libya is another enigma altogether; I do not know what to believe about how the people were treated in that in country as there are opposing sides of information.

That being said, I can't help but get the feeling we are being set-up. It was the same feeling I got during the election of 2008, and some may agree with me when I say it seems that was case. I went and looked at the web-site for the occupy movement...wow, so far... so fast.

The idea of protest seems short of the mark. Many of us agree the entire system needs an overhauling. I could start with economic problems, but there's political, education, and social problems that seem just as glaring to me, and need just as much attention. If I were to list what's obviously corrupted in these systems where most of would agree about those shortcomings, that list would go on ad infinitum.

I think the greatest danger we face is the idea of protest, leading to rebellion in this country. Ghandi said,
“FIRST THEY IGNORE YOU, THEN THEY LAUGH AT YOU, THEN THEY FIGHT YOU…THEN YOU WIN” ~
But at what cost? And what is it that you win???

It seems a reckless waste of time to begin to dismantle one system, without a reasonable assumption of a starting point for something new. These people on the streets have no idea what that might be, or if you were to ask them, it would be hard to find two people to agree. I consider the idea of a "reset" using the current system, and all I see a repeat. The thing is, a revolution needs a leader and when I here the word "REVOLUTION" I think about a particular candidate, and I look at the calendar, and I think, and I think, and I think...(talk about a revolution LOL)...

In any case, I'll leave you to your thoughts, and ask you, what do you think about that...?
edit on 1-10-2011 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2011 by odd1out because: spelling, punc, etc...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In the words of those French who said so many years ago when told to "eat cake"

VIVA LA LIBERT'E

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join