It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowingly Creating Me, is knowingly creating my path to failure.. No?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

"God" knew that forming me into what he sees as "Me" would lead "Me" to make my "Choices" to eventually go to hell for being a sinner.
That, above, is what you wrote.
My suggestion is to re-write it as:
God formed me and the way I was formed determines what sort of fate I would have, as in it may be; I am born, I live, and I die. Or maybe another person is formed by god to have another fate; He is born, lives a wonderful and commendable sort of life to where God wants to bring that person up to heaven to have him around as an example of a really great person He formed.

If you are content with the fist example, then your afterlife is merely a continuation of this life, just as the second example's afterlife is merely a continuation of his first. The thing of this life is to not be so content with your fate and to request by the strongest means possible to you, to demand that you do not remain as you were, and for God to reform you in this life so you may have that better afterlife.
edit on 1-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just because God knows what choice you will make doesnt mean he makes the choices for you. If I have an acquaintance who is a known hamburger thief, and i have hamburgers in my room and I set up a hidden camera and, while away from my house, using my laptop, I observe through the camera this individual entering my room and I say to myself "He's gonna steal my hamburgers..." and sure enough I see him take my hamburgers and leave the room, that doesn't mean I forced him to take the hamburgers. But through the knowledge I had, I knew with a good amount of certainty what he would do. Ok, now imagine God. His knowledge would be, well, I'd say at least twice as much as my own... nyuck-nyuck-nyuck!

As far as not having a choice in being born, you need to take that up with your parents...

And while you may not have had a choice in being born, you certainly have had a choice in whether or not you'd like to continue living. Stop breathing, or eating and drinking. Jump off a cliff if its really that bad. Is it really that bad? Are you suffering each and every day without end? Is your life worse than the guy in a wheelchair who doesn't choose to commit suicide while watching most of the world walking, running and playing? Is it worse than the starving and disease ridden people in third world countries who still do not commit suicide? Is it worse than the guy who was set up for a crime he didn't commit and was sent to be raped and beaten and had his friends and family leave him because they think he commited the crime he was charged with, and still doesn't commit suicide? Or the cancer patient who wishes they HAD hair to pull out when they get frustrated? Do you realize how privileged you are to even be able to make this whiney complainey thread?? Do you realize how lucky you are to have access to a computer, let alone the internet? Do you know how lucky you are to have hands to type with, or arms to have hands on the end of? Let's go take a visit to the veterans hospital and ask the guy with no arms and no legs who is blind and deaf and cannot speak to even voice his will to stop living if that was what he wanted. I bet if he could talk he would say that you are one lucky s.o.b. and compared to him, you may as well be Superman.

Noones forcing you to keep living. If you lack both the insight to know how lucky you are, and the courage to end it all, then perhaps you are a pathetic human being who is in need of some "whipping into shape" so you can either quit bitching about being forced into life and start enjoying it, or, quit bitching about life and end it. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to discuss this further
Not the suicide part, the whipping into shape part. Then if you wanna end it all, that's up to you but I won't help you at all.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join