It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a new religion called Eco-Theology AKA Global Warming!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Global Warming might as well be a religion, why? It's in a new Godless religion with Carbon as the devil rightfully called Eco-theology.

Here are SOME contradictions in this Eco-Theology.

Religious: You must believe the facts, the science is settled!!! Scientific: Maybe we were wrong lets just see what you have to say. We are open to other theories. Science is never settled.

Religious: When Global Warming destroys the world one day you will be sorry. Scientific: When exactly will the world end due to global warming? How much is being caused by us? Can we do anything to stop it?

Religious: You must take the facts literally!!!! Scientific: But the weather was warmer during the times of the dinosaurs and climate had thousands of times more c02. Religious: Dinosaurs aren't in the bible!!!

Religious: Worship the IPCC Scientific report: The IPCC used fraudulent information.

Religious: We need the Church (government)! Scientific: There are plenty of companies out there that do not need government help to fund their research, projects, or ideas! The tech community is known for its environmental causes.

Religious: Global Warming Exists 100%, Scientific: The Sun can be responsible as well Religious: Heretics/Propaganda!!!

Religious: The world will have peace and utopia once everyone does what we say. Scientific: How exactly will we achieve this?

As far as I am aware no science forces ideas upon people and makes them believe in a certain way of life, Religion on the other hand has a bunch of idiots worshiping blindly

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yes Global Warming is a whole bunch of crap, the data makes it clear. Julia Gillard is basing her carbon tax on this very myth. However I do not deny that Humans are destroying the Earth in many other ways, such as oil leaks, toxic waste dumps, nuclear disasters, hardcore deforesting, plus a myriad of other things. I have never heard of Ecotheology before but from what I can gather there's much more to it than just global warming. We get so caught up in the global warming debate that we forget about the real problems which need urgent attention. And then we say "nothing to worry about, global warming was a lie". You couldn't get any further from the truth.
edit on 30-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Yes Global Warming is a whole bunch of crap, the data makes it clear. Julia Gillard is basing her carbon tax on this very myth. However I do not deny that Humans are destroying the Earth in many other ways, such as oil leaks, toxic waste dumps, nuclear disasters, hardcore deforesting, plus a myriad of other things. I have never heard of Ecotheology before but from what I can gather there's much more to it than just global warming. We get so caught up in the global warming debate that we forget about the real problems which need urgent attention. And then we say "nothing to worry about, global warming was a lie". You couldn't get any further from the truth.
edit on 30-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

All the things you listed as the real problems are thrown into Ecotheology because liberals believe any negative effect on the environment is sinful and is against their religion.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yep,"global warming" or "climate change"also seems to me to be a pseudo-science or worse a politicization of science.Much like "eugenics" of the early 20th century.Very dangerous.

And I can't help but feel these advocates of "global warming,climate change" are just trying to make a butt load of cash,yet again at the expense of the regular Joe.

Hey,maybe instead of "carbon tax" they'll call it tithing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dezertdog
Yep,"global warming" or "climate change"also seems to me to be a pseudo-science or worse a politicization of science.Much like "eugenics" of the early 20th century.Very dangerous.

And I can't help but feel these advocates of "global warming,climate change" are just trying to make a butt load of cash,yet again at the expense of the regular Joe.

Hey,maybe instead of "carbon tax" they'll call it tithing.

If everyone somehow magically converts to electrical cars overnight 20 years later these people will be claiming that electric cars are now the ones which are destroying the environment.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
All the things you listed as the real problems are thrown into Ecotheology because liberals believe any negative effect on the environment is sinful and is against their religion.
---
If everyone somehow magically converts to electrical cars overnight 20 years later these people will be claiming that electric cars are now the ones which are destroying the environment.
You are so caught up in the left-right, global warming, sinning against nature bullcrap that you can't even see the facts. There are cities are on Earth where the level of air pollution is hundreds of times above normal, you can literally see the smog in the air. You also don't seem to realize that natural oil wont last forever, in fact it will only last another couple of hundred years at this rate. There will come a day when we have devastated and polluted so much of the natural Earth that we will suddenly realize the true extent and consequences of the problem.
edit on 1-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Well actually,that would be a problem to the environment.When all those "environmentally friendly" vehicles eventually get scrapped,where does the lead and caustic chemicals from the batteries end up.You guessed it,in Mother Earth.

new topics

top topics

join