It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DICK ACT of 1902... (gun control forbidden)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Not worth worrying about.

In 2010 the US Supreme Court ruled the 2nd Amendment is an INCORPORATED Right. Applies to citizens, not States.

Nobody can violate your right to free speech, or to possess a firearm.

ok, what about Citizen felons? Yeah, you paid the price with your time but when it's done its done. I find depriving a citizen after the fact of their 2nd amendment rights to bear arms not only double jeopardy but also a crime in of itself to in effect strip that person of their full citizenship and its rights - no longer an American, free to vote even?

Great scam.... Get all the undesirables into the 'felon' class and they lose thier voting rights on top of right to bear arms.

How many Americans.... are 'Felons'... ? Are they 'Americans'? How many green cards are bearing arms in our country today?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
Well according to what I posted, the state evidently recieves funds from the feds to arm and train EVERY able bodied male citizen between ages 18 - 45 as they are automatically incorporated into that State's militia. Selective Service is one thing, the State Government's duty to arm and train it's male citizens according to the text of the act is SORELY lacking. Where's all the funding going?

Where are all the weapons as I'm sure the department of vital statistics in each state keeps on record when it's commerce matures to an age to bear arms. One rifle is probably automatically issued via the war department once that happens, to get stored at the NG armory? WHERE"S THE DAMN TRAINING?! and where's my damn carbine!

It depends on the individual states. Some states use the funding very effectively. Some have crappy facilities.
You may be reading the text of the law a bit too closely. Especially in today's culture, forcing citizens to be part of the military is not quite kosher. Every able bodied male and female does have the opportunity to join his/her state's Guard, and are generally very much welcomed to do so (States get federal funding based on recruiting and retention).

new topics

<< 1   >>

join