It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't The Jewish Religious texts edited to remove Racist and hate passages?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

is that like, "humans can't fly" and "humans will never go to the moon" and so on?
or is that like "humans can't give birth without intercourse" ?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I don't necessarily believe in the story of Adam and eve... I believe that is a cover story.. T hide the truth in plain sight. Kind of like Adam and eve being naked in the garden of Eden... Naked being a euphemism for being in a state of intellectual dumbdowness. I kind of hate to quote Michael tesarion when he talks about the adamic race being us... Sorry I just woke up I'll comment later.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No. Humans are different from animals. It is because God made humans different from animals.

Cloning humans will fail.

If you believe in cloning humans, or if you believe in immortality of any human, then you are a non-believer of God. There is no point discussing religion then.

Religion is based on a basic fact that man faces result of good/bad deeds. That makes a man mortal.

Twins are born, when two sperms fertilize a human egg, so the egg divides into two. A fertilized egg can not be divided into two. The fact there are two sperms (not one) makes twins two different persons, with different character and different destinies. A human is not a machine that copies of it can be created that look and work the same.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
People who want to understand Zionism should read the Jewish Talmud or at leas the parts of it they can find on the internet.

In my view the Talmud helps us understand the motivation behind the creation of Israel and explains why Israel is the country that it has become.

Today's Zionists seem to want to give non-Zionists the impression that Israel has harsh policies due to actions taken against it by the nations around it but reading the elements of the Talmud upon which Zionism are based leads a person to see the current form Israel has taken as the only possible from it could ahve taken.

I think this is a very important revelation.

The Talmud takes has a very hostile attitude toward non-Jews and that is exactly the sort of country Israel is.

Many people claim that the early Zionists were not religious and that Isreael is not the product of Judaism. The experts could be very right about that but I don't think anyone can say that Zionism was not influenced by the Talmud and even non-religous Jews of the 1800's were bathed in Talmudic philosohpy.

Thank you for your interest in the link between Talmud and Zionism.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

The only violent religion left on earth is Islam. It’s the only religion that still enforces barbaric and inhuman laws in this century.

Women in Muslim countries in the Middle East are still stoned to death for adultery in the name of Islam, and men have their hands cut off for stealing.

Any historian will tell you the Islam is the only religion that didn’t modernize in the past 500 years.

Again, the facts speak for themselves. Just look at how Islam and Islamic governments treat their own people. How they treat women or how they deal with non-believers in their primitive religious states in the Middle East.

It amazes me the hypocrisy of Muslims against other religions while their barbaric violent laws from the middle ages are still practiced these days on their people and others. Islam breeds armies of extremists against the West that kill women, children and innocent civilians in countries who gave them a home (England, France, Spain etc) all in the name of Islam.

Just Sick…

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

Women in Muslim countries in the Middle East are still stoned to death for adultery in the name of Islam, and men have their hands cut off for stealing.

Stoning to death for adultery is NOT in the Qur'an.

It IS in the Bible though.

And Islam IS NOT the "islamic countries".

In fact, there is not a SINGLE islamic country on this planet.

Not even one.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There is only one religin that hates Jesus.

Read the Talmud and see what they think of you and your religion!

Wake up, brother.

The only violent religion left on earth is Islam. It’s the only religion that still enforces barbaric and inhuman laws in this century.

Any historian will tell you the Islam is the only religion that didn’t modernize in the past 500 years.

Again, the facts speak for themselves. Just look at how Islam and Islamic governments treat their own people. How they treat women or how they deal with non-believers in their primitive religious states in the Middle East.

It amazes me the hypocrisy of Muslims against other religions while their barbaric violent laws from the middle ages are still practiced these days on their people and others. Islam breeds armies of extremists against the West that kill women, children and innocent civilians in countries who gave them a home (England, France, Spain etc) all in the name of Islam.

Just Sick…

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So was God a racist when he chose Mary who was a Jew and a decendant from King David who was a Decendant from Adam to give birth to his Son Jesus?

Maybe he should have been politically correct and chose an Arab lady instead, sorry but it does not work that way, it is not racism. The Jews held the faith and purer bloodline since the beggining as it was their journey through time with God as stated in the Bible.

You can not change the fundimental word of God to suit your self, there maybe updates in translations but the message is the same.

The Talmud is not part of the Bible or written word of God it is a Jewish extention of laws in how they lived then.
The Koran does show that Muhammad stones a woman.

The Old Testament updated it self with the 10 Commandments it changed over the period of time over centries confined to the Israelites only. The law of the Priests was for worship reasons who were in God's presence.

If these Qu'ran quotes are wrong then fine, but you can not deny that the deeper readers of the book behave this way, this method of execution has been seen in Africa throughout modern history.

Qur'an 8:12 "Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: 'I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes."
Text

"A raiding party led by Zayd set out against Umm in Ramadan. During it, Umm suffered a cruel death. Zyad tied her legs with rope and then tied her between two camels until they split her in two. She was a very old woman. Then they brought Umm's daughter and Abdallah to the Messenger. Umm's daughter belonged to Salamah who had captured her. Muhammad asked Salamah for her, and Salamah gave her to him."
Text

Tabari IX:113 "Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur'an."
Text

The say covering up women in Veils in not in the Quran.

Qur'an 33:59 "Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and all Muslim women to draw cloaks and veils all over their bodies (screening themselves completely except for one or two eyes to see the way). That will be better."
Text

Some accuse modern translations to downplay this claim as (wrap up) but if that is not the case why do Muslim women cover up and if it did not matter why do the men make so much of a fuss?

Bukhari:V3B48N826 "The Prophet said, 'Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?' The women said, 'Yes.' He said, 'This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind.'"
Text

It is evident in rape claims in the Islamic justice system that woman need more witnesses and if not have them they get whipped for it.

Tabari VIII:178
Ishaq:550 "Muhammad ordered that certain men should be assassinated even if they were found behind the curtains of the Ka'aba. Among them was Abdallah bin Sa'd [the Qur'an's one and only scribe]. The reason that Allah's Messenger ordered that he should be slain was because he had become a Muslim and used to write down Qur'an Revelation. Then he apostatized [rejected Islam]."
Text

You can not deny that apostasy in Islam is not only a death sentence but even women who date a non Muslim is under their own social law of honour killing, this is evident through out the UK and Europe alone.

Tabari VIII:38 "The Messenger of Allah commanded that all of the Jewish men and boys who had reached puberty should be beheaded. Then the Prophet divided the wealth, wives, and children of the Banu Qurayza Jews among the Muslims."
Text

Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina, and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."
Text

VS

Revelation 20

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Text

That is another story but you get the contrasting messages of the two religions and revelations.

edit on 4-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mary, Joseph and Jesus were Palestinians.

The was no such thing as a "Jew" 2,000 years ago.

Please read realhistory books not myth!

Originally posted by The time lord

edit on 4-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?

I don’t see Jews stoning jewish women to death for adulty nowadays…

Meanwhile Muslims stone their women to death daily in Iran and Cut their fingers off for going to school…

You should Wake up and see where Islam is today compared to Judaism and Christianity.

Unlike you I’m not relying on things written hundreds or thousands of years ago. I’m looking at the current reality and the way these religions operate nowadays.

Islam has become a Sick barbaric religion that breeds extremists. Treats their woman like animals and oppresses its own people all in the name of god.

Judaism and Christianity have modernized and changed throughout the years. While Islam still practices the same primitive laws it did hundreds of years ago.

One must be completely ignorant and stupid not to see these facts.

edit on 4-1-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by undo

Twins are born, when two sperms fertilize a human egg, so the egg divides into two. A fertilized egg can not be divided into two. The fact there are two sperms (not one) makes twins two different persons, with different character and different destinies. A human is not a machine that copies of it can be created that look and work the same.

Um no. Twins are the product of one egg and one sperm that split after fertilization or two eggs and two sperm. this is the difference between identical and fraternal twins. Two sperm cannot enter an egg and produce a viable person, there would be too much DNA.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am giving you a star just because you may have posted the only factual post "around here" if you know what I mean.

To relate this back to the original post, there are racist elements in the Jewish religious texts especially the Talmud. I don't think they should be edited though because "we" have no right to censor the religious writings of others and I would not even suggest "we" ask Jews or any other religion to edit their religious writings.

However, "we" should not be censored for commenting on any part of any other religion and in this era it seems that commenting on Islam. Christianity, Hinduism, Shinto (not really getting the bashing some think it deserves, even though cold clean water is hard to argue against) Buddhism is fair game but no one can criticise Judaism and its offshoot religion Zionism.

I think Zionism is a bad idea and springs from the worst part of Jewish religious writing particularly the Talmud and provides a great example of why we should be free to comment on othe rreligions including Judaism.

Originally posted by kokoro

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by undo

Um no. Twins are the product of one egg and one sperm that split after fertilization or two eggs and two sperm. this is the difference between identical and fraternal twins. Two sperm cannot enter an egg and produce a viable person, there would be too much DNA.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I took a course in welding a few years ago.

Does that count for anything?

I have heard about a book called The Port of Calls of the Burn'ed Welders of Lyon and it is supposed put things in a perspective a welder can understand.

I have not read it but maybe you have.

Your avatar is scaring me, by the way. If that was the intention it is working.

It does not look like anything Jesus the Palestinian would approve of.

I think peace in the Middle East is like selecting the right welding rod and I don't think you can argue with that point.

This must be the stupidest post I ever read on ATS. Do you know the difference between the religion Judaism and a geographical area in biblical times called Palestine?

Let me educate you again since it seems to me that you don’t know the difference. If you ever studied factual history and took a course on religion in a collage or university you would have studied and learnt that Jesus was a Jew. Both Christianity and Judaism don’t deny that…

You would have also learnt that Islam came centuries after these religions and that Muhammad was a barbaric conqueror who took most of his philosophy and beliefs from Judaism.

So unless you are reading propaganda textbooks from third world Islamic countries you should know this...

You have been served

Dracula out

edit on 4-1-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Thank you for he star , I realize I was off topic but I could not let that bad science slide by haha!

To be on topic though. For the record I am Jewish, I converted years ago. Is there racism in the texts? yes certainly. There is racism in all religious texts, that is just a fact. Everyone wants to think they are the only right ones.
I think we have to remember that at the time the Talmud was written the Jews were and had been persecuted by non-jews. That doesn't make it right but I'm sure you can see how they would have a deep mistrust of non jews at the time. Now, that being said, the majority of Jews today are not racist against non-jews. Of course there are some, I have not met them, but they are out there and I feel sad for them.
I will be the first to admit that I struggle with some of the things that are in the Torah. I do not think it is OK to go and wipe out and entire town, I do not think its OK to stone people. The majority of Jews today don't either, in fact, there are many books and articles written on our struggle to understand those passages. We don't take them out for the same reason other religions don't, they are a part of our history. I don't think you can grow spiritually unless you know where you came from.

What I have written is not just true for Judaism, there is a good and bad history in all religions. This is not because those systems or traditions are inherently bad or good but because they are made up of people. If history hasn't taught us anything else we should be able to see that people can take any idea and make it into something it was never intended to be. We just cant seem to stop screwing things up.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Originally posted by BRAVO949
Mary, Joseph and Jesus were Palestinians.

The was no such thing as a "Jew" 2,000 years ago.

Please read realhistory books not myth!

Of course but they were under the Roman Empire and countless other Empires who were there to stop them as a nation, The Romans named the land Palestine out of spite.

Situated at a strategic location between Egypt, Syria and Arabia, and the birthplace of the Judaism and Christianity, the region has a long and tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. The region has been controlled by numerous different peoples, including Ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Ancient Israelites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, the Sunni Arab Caliphate, the Shia Fatimid Caliphate, Crusaders, Ayyubids, Mameluks, Ottomans, the British and modern Israelis and Palestinians.
Text

The word itself derives from “Plesheth”, a name that appears frequently in the Bible and has come into English as “Philistine”. Plesheth, (root palash) was a general term meaning rolling or migratory. This referred to the Philistine’s invasion and conquest of the coast from the sea. The Philistines were not Arabs nor even Semites, they were most closely related to the Greeks originating from Asia Minor and Greek localities. They did not speak Arabic. They had no connection, ethnic, linguistic or historical with Arabia or Arabs.
www.palestinefacts.org...
Text

The Ottoman Turks, who were non-Arabs but religious Muslims, ruled the area for 400 years (1517-1917). Under Ottoman rule, the Palestine region was attached administratively to the province of Damascus and ruled from Istanbul. The name Palestine was revived after the fall of the Ottoman Empire in World War I and applied to the territory in this region that was placed under the British Mandate for Palestine.

The name “Falastin” that Arabs today use for “Palestine” is not an Arabic name. It is the Arab pronunciation of the Roman “Palaestina”. Quoting Golda Meir:

•The British chose to call the land they mandated Palestine, and the Arabs picked it up as their nation’s supposed ancient name, though they couldn’t even pronounce it correctly and turned it into Falastin a fictional entity. [In an article by Sarah Honig, Jerusalem Post, November 25, 1995]

Text

It looks like people need the Bible to see if Palestine was such a place that is the most accurate source of historical information and the Arab or Muslims can not put claim to it as their history since they have nothing before the Quran apart from the Bible to even make historical reference to it.

Even if the story is too long to debate, fact is that their Messiah and Christ for the Christians will return to Zion before the end of days like it or not, because of the Jewish return they final outcome of the enemies will be wars and plagues and judgmenets from God in the process and will be a rock that they bruise their foot on.

-For the Jews their saviour will come there,
-For the Christians if not in the rapture already will come back with Christ at Zion to rule the nations
-For Muslims Isa/Jesus shows up at Damascus Syria
-For Christians Jesus died and rose from the dead in Jeruselem
-For Muslims Muhammad had a dream that he went to heaven on a horse at some unamed place in Jeruselem, even if his wife in the Quran said he was still in bed.
edit on 5-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
""""Why Aren't The Jewish Religious texts edited to remove Racist and hate passages?""""

Because Netanyahu recently went before the United Nations and said Israel is a JEWISH State.

They are the only religion with a State, military, and nuclear weapons.

If you have your own means of killing millions/entire countries you can be racist.

Jacob went and had sex with his maid and had baby Asher and baby Gad. They grew up and had their own Tribes living in present day Palestine. Both were Jewish tribes but they were chased away because they were half bloods and the Jewish people didn't event accept their half blood relatives to live in Israel with them thousands of years ago. Chased them away. Racists religion they have.

You must be a 100% full blood to be a member.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
But do people realise that the Bible states in a very subtle way that the race by the coast are remnants of the unhuman bloodlines of the human Anglic order and eventually any of these bloodlines, the further ack you go by the true meaning the more it makes sense to why things are they way they are.
The Israelites had to be very careful in who they slept around with it otherwise it could have ruined everything.

Had Jesus one spot of Angelic bloodline in him Satan would have been able to rise up again and he would have had the power to destroy all humans if he did, but thankfully Jesus is not that kind of guy so he will save us.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Time Lord,

Is it possible that the people who call themselves Jews today who are gentically Khazars are actuallly the Gog and Magog mentioned in several sciptures?

If that is valid then we should be doing everything to help the true Jews who are today's Palestinians, right?

Since you are an expert on these issues, you know that the bible talks about people who pretend to be Jews.

But do people realise that the Bible states in a very subtle way that the race by the coast are remnants of the unhuman bloodlines of the human Anglic order and eventually any of these bloodlines, the further ack you go by the true meaning the more it makes sense to why things are they way they are.
The Israelites had to be very careful in who they slept around with it otherwise it could have ruined everything.

Had Jesus one spot of Angelic bloodline in him Satan would have been able to rise up again and he would have had the power to destroy all humans if he did, but thankfully Jesus is not that kind of guy so he will save us.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There is a commandment against altering the Torah. Not a single letter may be changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join