It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't The Jewish Religious texts edited to remove Racist and hate passages?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

Well, Jesus existed - True, Even Moses may have existed.

Stories are there because something happened.

My point is a story is what a storyteller says. And the intention and intellect of storyteller are important to the 'correctness' of that story.

Veda has stayed unchanged since the ancient time, because it is NOT a story.

People have not been able to change Veda because Veda has been re-confirmed by a steady line of Yogis who have achieved the state of 'Samadhi' (Nirvaan in Buddhism).

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Vernacular Sanskrit is different from Vedic Sanskrit.

Only verses of Veda are 'mantra' when learned orally from a Guru.

The written form of Sanskrit is NOT a mantra.

You are right that a mantra is about sound. And this is the reason that a mantra is NOT a language. A mantra cannot be constructed or interpreted like a language.

A mantra can be learnt by a person of any race on any planet.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Well, lets just agree to disagree.

Hebrew is superior. What i explained for you about the number 86 was profoundly spiritual. Wheras the hidden meanings behind English you gave, like hand having so many bones, or negro equaling slave, thats mundane, and the latter is actually racist. No divine truth there. Just egotist mystics/metaphysicists imprinting their gnostic ideas in the english language. If you cannot see that Hebrew is so far superior, in that the connections established between concepts isnt arbitrary, but describe the thing - as it ACTUALLY IS, RELATIVE TO THE CREATOR OF ALL - then forgive me for doubting your knowledge of mysticism. You seem to be lacking here.

Hebrew is the language spoken by monotheists, and therefore, Hebrew expresses the paradigmatic relationship between man and God. The Hebrew language REVEALS that relationship.

Until you can show me differently, which you have failed to do with the dust, hand, negro, slave, etc, then you should atleast concede that it is possible.

Its not strange at all that the Gnostics hated Judaism and the Jews because they believed what the Jews possessed was the the religion of the demiurge; and the God they worshipped, the "demiurge", the revealed cosmos. Thus, it stands to reason that the Gnostics - the first theological/metaphysical opponents of Judaism, the Jews, and of course their God (the root of their hate being their opinion that the Jewish God - the cosmos - is a malevolent power that seeks to enslave man) understood the significance of Hebrew as the extension of the demiurgic power into human language.

All language contains the seed of wisdom; but it comes in differently. The more we 'separate' ourselves from God through our actions, the further corruption, and defect enters creation. This defect appears also in the languages of the various peoples. Yes, a divine truth exists within it, but its muffled, confused, because mans philosphy - based on the quality of his moral actions, draws him in the directions of his deepest desires.

The same cannot be said about Hebrew. For Hebrew is just about Writing.

Wow...Are you serious? Read Sepher Yetzirah by Aryeh Kaplan. The language is not just meaningful in "writing", but in all 3 of its dimensions; shape, numerical value and sound.

Second, do you know that HEBREW is the language most often used by western occultists in ceremonies and magic? Why do you think that is, if not because th divine powers respond to them?

Does Sanskrit also possess a magical power? Undoubtedly. I think its of a different nature, and i cant explain how it is different, but i have enough respect for the creators of sanskrit that they expermented and tested the truth of their chosen sounds to correspond to a particular reality.

God is multifaceted. As i stressed earlier, he can be related to from multiple 'dimensions'. For a higher person, in one way, and a lower person, in another way. Qualitatively, there doesnt appear to be an objective difference. All God seems to want from man is for us to live in accord with reason, and so conscience, compassion, love etc. Law, when it serves to keep us in line with the law of conscience, and righteous deeds, and keeps us away from promiscuity, selfishness etc, is a good thing. Its a discipline all people need to have the humility - the sacrifice of the self/ego, to accept.

The Hebraic Torah is that objective divine revelation. Rabbi Elijah Benamozegh points out in "Israel and Humanity" that the Hebraic revelation occurred in two phases; one he calls "Hebraism" which is the basic moral context for all mankind. These are the 7 noahide laws. The other religion - Judaism - is for the Jews alone.

Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Taoists, Shintoists, Ba'hai, etc all represent a unique revelation that cannot be said to be inferior to that which the Jews recieved, but at the sam time, it is subordinate to the Hebraic revelation, aswell as the Hebrew language.

English as a language for internation commerce, trade, and other mundane things, is the language of our present era. Undoubtedly God inspired man to create this language and that this language will serve as a universal language for a certain period of time. But eventually it will be replaced as all languages are. But the one eternal tongue - Hebrew - which proves itself to be of divine origin, will always remain.

It may be the "language of the stars" as some people think.
edit on 6-10-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949
Moses and everything about him might be a pure myth and probably since there is no evidence suggesting he ever existed and the events attributed ot his story ever happened - accept for a single account in the Torah which we know was written hundreds of years later.

On the other hand there is very good evidence to support the fact that Jesus lived even if much of what was written of him was myth.

I agree with you that we can learn as much from myth as we can learn from fact.

watch this. i think theres really good chance moses was the "adopted" son of pharaoh ahmose, who he was named after.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

You are carrying a heavy burden of knowledge of Judaism. It is like a mule carrying a heavy load, who is always in pain due to that load, and cannot think of anything else than that load.

I pray to God to give you wisdom, as you do have the intellect.

You need to learn Veda deeply, and you will sure realize what I just said.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Id also like to point out, the "as above so below" axiom, which means the metaphysical - that which exists conceptually - is reflected on earth in its various forms, can be understood in a geographical sense.

Something which is "central" is general. Its a general idea.

Jerusalem is pretty much the geographical 'center', aswell as the nexus point between the 3 major continents - Africa, Asia and Europe, and so its not a surprise why the PTB have fought over it.

Ornan the Jebusite, the Rabbis explain, was high priest at the temple of the creator of the universe at Jerusalem. Malchizedek, was priest here, then called "salem". The rabbis explain that Shem (malchizedek) and Abraham both contributed an aspect (or archetypal quality) to the name Jerusalem. Abraham called the place "Adonai Yireh" - the lord will see. Malchizedek called it Salem. God combined both names and called it "YeruShalem", which can be translated "complete Awe".

Shalem - the concept of completeness, or peace (Shalom) is something that can only exist when man controls and nullifies his animal, egotistic self. This is the quality of 'contraction', where one restrains himself. Paradoxically, peace comes only through self control. Yirah - to "see" is the quality of wisdom, Hokmah, which is to essentially connect with God at an ecstatic level. Seeing, is expansion.

Jerusalem is the combination of these qualities; the mean. The spot of the temple the geographical point on earth where spiritual and physical realities unfold (they unite at this one spot, and so the energies are enormous, and the physical structure built over it attunes the energies of reality to symbolic associations of the structure.

Historically, man has only built a particular temple over this spot. As i said earlier, Ornan was high priest of El Elon, the most high God, before David bought it from him. David bought the site and Solomon built the first Temple. Later on it was rebuilt and renovated again by Herod. When the Romans came and destroyed it, Hadrian had them build a Temple to Jupiter (Zeus) which was the same "archetype" of creator deity to the Romans. What the Jews worshipped as the God of everything, the Romans (and all pagans, he was ptah in Egypt, Brahma in India, in earlier times known simply as "dyeus" which later evolved into the Greek Zeus and the Latin Deus)...This God worshipped by the Jews WAS regarded as the creator of the universe, yet at the same time, in their polytheistic philosophy, he was totally irrelevant, or at the very least, as 'relevant' as all the other gods of the pagan panheon. The God, creator, was seen as nothing more then a power of 'creation'. The temple mount ws seen as that spot.

After the destruction of this abomination, the site was desolate until the Muslims came and built their Gnostic themed Dome of the Rock, aswell as Al Aqsa, to the south of it.

Again, the building built on this site 'regulates' the energies of reality; both spiritual and physical.

The Shape of the Dome of the Rock verses the shape of Solomons, Herods or the Temple predicted by Ezekiel (and elaborated upon by the Kabbalist Ramchal) is completely diametical.

Dome of the rock is an octagonal structure, evoking the Sophia, with the pleroma - golden domed roof - covering it. The Jewish temple coversely is rectangular shaped; drawing down the energies to match the kabbalistic sephirotic model, where everything is ordered and structured according to the lower worlds. This is the chief difference. One people insists on an abstract, philosophical relationship to reality which obfuscates the quality of moral actions relative to the prime case (God) whereas the other seeks to keep man inline with the divine will of the creator, channelling his energies into this world by establish a physical model that attunes those energies.

This is what the battle for the Holy land, Jerusalem, etc, is all about.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Oh, thats nice. You dont find this statement offensive? That my study of Judaism is a "load"??? And therefore worthless???

I appreciate the spiritual teachings and morality of Judaism/Torah, aswell as other traditions. I am not contained. I am given a context - the Hebraic teachings, and i go out and study and learn as much as i can from others.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
To explain the logic of Jerusalem being the naval of the world.

Most or all metaphysical systems are the same. There is the infinite, the void, and then theres creation.

This process is completely reflected in the physical sphere. The "void" is outer space. The is the "void" which precedes consciosness and self existence. The planet is 'self existence' - its material. And just as all physical organisms contain a "naval" (the crown of the head being that spot on the physical body....the part of the seed where the root comes out etc), so too does planet earth have a physical spot where creation unfolds. This is Jerusalem.

This is such a lofty metaphysical/esoteric concept..

And one can probe even deeper with the associations.

There are 7 "outer" sephirot, or 7 individual land masses or continents (sources of influence). One of them is completely covered in ice (this is Malkuth, kingdom, and also the 7th millenium....thus, perhaps this currently 'frozen' ie; inactive continent will become 'active' when man enters the 7th millenium of the Hebrew caldendar.

The 4 main oceans, the pacific, atlantic, and indian (arctic can be considered like Keter, which is "relevant" inasmuch as it is revealed through Hokmah and Binah, or, the pacific - "peaceful" ie; hokmag, wisdom, which is expansive, while Binah - cogitation, mental activity, is the atlantic, which is the more active of the two oceans...

The parallels are incredible.
edit on 6-10-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Serioulsy, have you not figured it out yet? its all about playing the victim, then the victim again with all your chess pieces owning everything.

Then if that does not work throw out the few low lifes that are on the streets needing aid, since they are the 1percent that you forgot about?

did i miss something

edit on 6-10-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
In this context, the indian ocean corresponds to Daath - which lies between the two oceans of Binah/atlantic and Hokmah/Pacific.

Daath is gnosis, and which people can be said to have more knowledge of the spiritual dimension than the peoples of the Indian subcontinent? Its not surprising that the knowledge of the tree of good and evil lies in India/Pakistan, Kashmir region....This is the physical place on Earth associated with this energy (knowledge), or region.

We are all living a divine drama, and the end, predicted in the books of the prophets, has already been revealed.

Just a shame so little people understand that. They dont have a context. Context is everything.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Just a shame so little people understand that. They dont have a context. Context is everything.

It's a shame "little people" like you have only one view and refuse to look at others while preaching your own..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I am not being sarcastic.

I have myself studied other religions before I studied Veda.

The humanity is in deep trouble due to this "I am better than others" thinking.

Unfortunately society matters, and Veda says so, and is the reason we are here discussing. I have tried to convince you only because of this concern over humanity.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Do you realize how small earth is in this Universe?

What is Jerusalem or Indian ocean, or India?

What is the importance of these places in the overall scheme of things? Nothing.

You can stick to a language or a place. That is your wish. Did God tell you that? No.

I live in a place due to my desire, not due to God's desire. I can always move from that place to someplace else if I so desire? Does God tell me so? No.

People make their temples where they live in numbers. That is all that is the significance of Jerusalem. It is the place Hebrews settled down, and set up their cities.

If you read my posts in other threads, I am a supporter of the State of Israel in the place where it is, due to the fact that Hebrews settled there before Arabs, and others races.

I did not consider your religion as good or bad when I supported the State of Israel.

Veda does not tell to exterminate other races, as some other religions do. Veda only tells Arya to maintain the purity of their society.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by DRAZIW

Well, lets just agree to disagree.

Hebrew is superior.

That's a bit of wishful thinking. Someone may be superior in math than another person. But, the latter may be superior in musical talent than the former. I accept Hebrew being superior, in certain ways, to all other languages, but not superior in others. English is also superior to all other languages in certain ways, but not in others. There is no such thing as "superior" without a definite context. And that context "limits" the nature of the superiority to a narrow range.

Only God is superior in all, and every language has equal claim on the expression of his divine wisdom.

We only have to be able to see.

Here is yet another English example, a verse from the English version of the Old Testament:

This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house. -- Ezekiel 43:12 KJV

These are God's words "THIS IS THE LAW OF THE HOUSE"

That very first phrase, punctuated by the semicolon, has exactly 22 letters in 7 words, which is PI=22/7.

That tells us the law is related to PI, the circle, and the concept of the cycle, the idea of "repeating", or sticking with "tradition", "habit", etc..

The entire verse confirms this "cycle" by repeating the phrase again at the end after the word "BEHOLD".

The starting phrase "repeats" at the end, confirming the cycle, the circle, and the PI = 22 / 7 found in the structure of the first phrase.

It's so simple, so elegant, it's very easy to miss this when reading English.

There's alot more hidden in this very verse again refering to the same idea. But, one has to be a bit of a mathematician to understand. Anyway, lets try to explain;

There are 3 statements to the 1 verse

1 : This is the law of the house;
2. : Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy.
3 : Behold, this is the law of the house.

That is the ratio 3/1 which is another approximation to PI again.

Then look at the entire opening "sentence": There are 7 words before the semicolon, followed by 16 words between the semicolon and the period.

Thus the verse with 3 statements, begins with 7 words, followed by 16 words.

These numbers [ 3, 7, 16, ] are the first three integers in the sequence of the best approximation expansion of PI

PI = 3 + 1/( 7 + 1/16) = 355/113

Technically this is called "continued fractions" in mathematics. You cannot form a more accurate approximation to PI with smaller integers at the same level of precision, than those you can form with the continued fraction expansion of PI. So, 355/113 is the nearest you can get to the true value of PI to this precision, which is 6 decimal places.

In this verse therefore, there are three different values for PI,

PI = 3 / 1, PI = 22 / 7, PI = 355/113

each of these values for PI are best value approximants from the continued fraction sequence of PI, with increasing levels of precision as we "look deeper" into the structure of the ENGLISH VERSE.

The Law of the house is PI. The Law of the whole universe is PI: "the whole limit thereof round about".

Why do the Jews love to hold on to their "tradition"? In every century they wear the same "black" dress. The HEBREW words remain the same from age to age...etc..it's PI, the circle, the cycle, tradition, habit, etc.the same principle that is "encoded" in English here.

The law of the house is to repeat and maintain the tradition.

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. -- Malachi 3:6 KJV

Sticking to tradition, is becoming like the Lord, to resist change.

There's alot more to this verse, especially when combined with the verse that follows it. But, the point here being that English reveals the design or architecture of things in it's gematric content. It's not marvelous like Sanskrit, where the "sounds are holy", it's not peculiar like Hebrew, where the script is said to be formed from the projection of a light

he had realized. "When I looked through the faces of the tetrahedron at the vortex, each view displayed a different letter in the Hebrew alphabet," he says. And," he mentions almost casually," I realized the 27 gestures that accompany the letters correspond to the 27 'preferred' pointing directions used in hyper-dimensional space."

Source: www.crystalinks.com...

So, while I grant to Hebrew what it has, it's peculiar superiority, I don't acknowledge Hebrew as being any more superior than English, because English contains something unique too, that Hebrew lacks.

edit on 6-10-2011 by DRAZIW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Im sorry, did i ever say youre religion was inferior? Thats what you just said to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Quotes by dontreally with my replies

“Hebrew is superior.”

Sanskrit is the language of three major religions – Vedic, Buddhism, and Jainism. It is also the language of several sects (minor religions) like Saiv, Vaishnav, Shakt etc. The overall population of people on earth, whose religious books are in Sanskrit is about 2 billion.

“Hebrew is the language spoken by monotheists, and therefore, Hebrew expresses the paradigmatic relationship between man and God. The Hebrew language REVEALS that relationship.”

Can you please explain Lucifer vs. YHWH.
Who is your God. What are the qualities of your God?

“Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Taoists, Shintoists, Ba'hai, etc all represent a unique revelation … is subordinate to the Hebraic revelation, aswell as the Hebrew language."

This is the statement, I was referring to by “I am better than others”.
As a student of Yoga, I am under strict limitations on what I can say. I know a lot more, but I cannot. My purpose is to point out, not argue.

“But the one eternal tongue - Hebrew - which proves itself to be of divine origin, will always remain.”

God has created all men, including the negro and the tribal. Since God created them, he gave them the means to sustain themselves.
So I hope Hebrew lives for a long time along with the people.

edit on 6-10-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I changed my mind.

The people who claim religious books as theirs should be able to change them - I suppose.

Mankind does not own the world's religious books collectively.

If a family wants to paint their house a different color who are we to deny them the right to do so.

Judaism is not a monotheistic religion.

Judaism is a tribal religion. Theirs is a private god not a single god. A single god for them but not a single god.

Judaism is not one of the world's great religion because it has so few adherants.

Modern Judaism is no closer to ancient Judaism than Islam and Christianity are to ancient Judaism.

Modern Judaism, Islam and Christianity are sibling religions at this stage.

Experts argue that Islam and Christianity are a rejection of what Judaism evolved into and perhaps the lack of popularity of modern Judaism is a confirmation of the claim that Muslims and Christians make.
edit on 6-10-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
[color=#880088]Hey, Christ is just Krishna reborn again in this cycle.

All modern religions are recycled ancient religions. Like the bible says:

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. -- Ecclesiastes 1:9 KJV

Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. -- Ecclesiastes 1:10 KJV

CHRIST = KRISHNA = LOVE

edit on 7-10-2011 by DRAZIW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW
[color=#880088]Hey, Christ is just Krishna reborn again in this cycle.

All modern religions are recycled ancient religions. Like the bible says:

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. -- Ecclesiastes 1:9 KJV

Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. -- Ecclesiastes 1:10 KJV

CHRIST = KRISHNA = LOVE

edit on 7-10-2011 by DRAZIW because: (no reason given)

We know you are right about Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism. We have proof that those religions are based on older religions.

Many claim that Judaism is a foundation religion but it was constructed out of earlier religions and in some case whole sections of the Torah were lifted from other religious traditions.

Most religious people "love" their religion and why shouldn't they. They think it is best and if they did not they would have changed to another or have given up religion. I mention this because people will argue that their religion is original and we can expect them to do but that does not mean they are correct.

Claiming that "Hebrew is superior" for example is what one would expect from a member of a tribal religion like Judaism.

Adherants to tribal religions like Judaism worship themselves as much as their god. This is one reason why the followers of archaic religions like Judaism are almost always in conflict with more progressive religions like Islam and Christianity that are open to all races and welcome all.

In the last 100 years Christians have elevated Judaism to a status it does not deserve. The fact is that the people who wrote the Torah were an insignificant minority in region of huge and important powers. The Torah exaggerated the significance of the "Chosen Ones" as a form of compensation. Judaism always was and is now a fringe religion for a fringe people.

The only really great thing about Judaism is that it inspired Christianity and Islam. As mentioned earlier, Christianity and Islam are a reaction to the corruption the prophets Jesus and Mohammed witnessed in Judiasm according to the record.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Whilst the thread has gone off topic to an extent it is good to see a civilised interaction in relation to the history of some major religions.
It may hav ebeen educational to have had a background on the western religions/beliefs beforer the Roman /Judaic conquests.
Odd very odd ...how we swalow the propaganda that the west had no religions other than base pagan virgin sacrifices before the enlightenment fromf the Roman/Judaic imperialistic partnership.

But then again that may open up the whole false flag destruction of the temple conspiracy .
And that would be fantasy folks.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join