It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA drone kills U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric in Yemen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

CIA drone kills U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric in Yemen.

news.yahoo.com

By Erika Solomon and Mohammed Ghobari

SANAA (Reuters)- Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S.-born Islamist militant, was killed in Yemen on Friday in a CIA drone strike described by President Barack Obama as "another significant milestone" in efforts to defeat al Qaeda.

Awlaki's killing deprives the Yemen-based al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) of its "chief of external operations," and an eloquent propagandist in English and Arabic who was implicated in attacks on the United States.

"This is further proof that al Qaeda and its affiliates will have no safe haven anywhere in the world,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anwar al-Awlaki the reputed leader of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula was killed by a predator drone yesterday.I suppose Anwar the lackey did not turn into the boogeyman that the Government and Intelligence community had hoped he would become.So,like so many other assets that have outlived their usefulness he was deposed of perhaps to make way for the next mass produced boogeyman:Ayman al-Zawahiri.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Where are all these US-born Islamic terrorists coming from? Someones manipulative imagination?

That's what I would like to know. Just wondering because I bet he got picked on in school.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
First Ive heard of this
old hat

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a look at 10 yrs of us nurturing terror

and going strong:

live potus --vs--. late samir khan (25)

s khan was 15yo when 9/11 happened. today, cnn & other msm announce obama's proclamation of a 'victory' in the fight against al-quaeda. what, something new? nope, the usual incident of some u.s. drone flying all over foreign territory freely as if it owns the sky, took out a few more terrorists and presto look america, the world is little more safer now for us all.

10yrs passed. what happened. we all know what happened to america, and thats most important. but what about at the individual level? how'd this lak-american queens, ny school kid turn into a full blown 'terrorist' we are all supposed to (accordin to potus et al) delighted to have killed?

a quick closer look at s khan's patethic life bio:

came to america at the age of 7

referred to himself as 'a typical American Kid' even years after 9/11 (according to ny times)

born in riyadh, saudi arabia

pakistani parents

between 2001 & 2003, joined islamic organization of north nmerica

IONA summer camp was the beginning of his transformation, he stated to the ny times:
"what I wanted to do with my life: be a firm muslim, a strong muslim, a practicing muslim."

his organization's website guidelines preach nonviolence:
"through active resistance the movement will use all constitutionally sanctioned means to bring about just changes in social, political, and economic practices. this includes non-violent direct action and civil disobedience."

he became a 'jihadi' web geek working out of his parents basement, started blogging by 2003 promoting Islam in North America.

2004 relocated to charlotte, NC with fam

2005 blog called "Inshallahshaheed" (if God wills martyr)

his favorite video was a suicide bomb attack in iraq:
"It was something that brought great happiness to me," he said. "because this is something america would never want to admit, that they are being crushed."

2007 (21) he moved to yemen (thru to 2011)

at some point between 2009-2010 he befriended an undercover fbi who pretended to convert to Islam but later broke his cover.

"I am proud to be a traitor to america, my faith took a 180-degree turn, knew i could no longer reside in america as a compliant citizen."

"my beliefs had turned me into a rebel of Washington's imperialism. my faith and convictions gave me strength to lambast the greatest tyrant of our time. it angered and frustrated them, while it left me in a state of peace and joy. what they were doing and continue to do in the muslim lands is what I felt, totally unacceptable to my religion."

so it was his beliefs, faith and convictions, "a typical american kid" raised here since the age of seven, had to die for being a security risk given maybe his islamic kitchen bomb instructions or whatever.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

so it was his beliefs, faith and convictions, "a typical american kid" raised here since the age of seven, had to die for being a security risk given maybe his islamic kitchen bomb instructions or whatever.

Are you actually defending this guy??

second and dumbfounded as first

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Posted earlier today:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join