It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dead Sea Scrolls, a few interesting things for ats members.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The truth is that Jesus Crhist is NOT! God he is the son of God, God has a name of his own and his name is YAHWEH.

This is why you don't understand what they were saying, cause you believe in this system of things, in other words you believe in RELIGION! religion was ment to mislead people from the truth. Most of Christianity today believes in trinidadian gods, this was don by the Illuminati to divide and conquer humanity, the goal is to mislead you from the true God of creation Yahweh.

How would you know the truth if you don't know the truth and the truth is God Yahweh, thats why

"Jesus said " You cant go to the father unless you go thrue me. Amen!

Do you not know what the name Yahweh (YHWH) means in hebrew? It means "the Lord", which is one reason why the disciples referred to him as "the Lord" when they would preach about him. John the Baptist was a jew and a righteous man and even he was given the revelation that Jesus was God, and thus by stating this Jesus fufilled the prophecy of Immanuel by Isaiah "God in the flesh". What do you fail to understand about the words God in the flesh? They seem pretty self explanitory to me, even a child could understand them.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.", John further explains the Jesus is the living Word, the Word made flesh.

Therefore what we have is "in the beginning there was Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ was with God, and Jesus Christ WAS God. They are the one and the same! The Word is God, and Jesus Christ is the Word

www.soundofgrace.com...

Some christians believe there are 3 separate beings, some of us believe there is only one being. I am one of those who believes there is just one. and that he has 3 parts to Him, the same 3 parts he gave to make man in his image. The body, spirit and soul, this is what the Trinity means. Three in one, not one in three.

Jesus said that in order for the Apostles, and believers at Pentecost to recieve the Holy Spirit that he had to Ascend into heaven, and that the Holy Spirit flows from him. The Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ's spirit because Jesus is God. Do you think that Moses and Elijah would wait for anyone else at Christ's ascension other than God himself?

Jesus said "no one comes to the Father but through me", Jesus is a part of the Father, he is just one aspect of God, he was the physical incarnation of Yahweh "the Lord". No mere man could go into hell and take the keys of death and hell from Satan (a.k.a. Lucifer) and free the captives in Abraham's Bosom.

edit on 1-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Emanuel was the name of Yeshuah before he became human, Emanuel became to be Yeshuah once he became human, you understand.

John the baptizer baptise the son of God NOT! God, a God cannot be baptized piriod, Jesus never claim to be God, but the son of God. When Jesus was baptised God Yahweh was in heavens and spoke out saying " THERE IS MY SON THE ONE WHO BECAME CHRIST " and right there and then Jesus got his powers. where was the Holy Spirit at the time? Flying in bird form in the sky. So clearly you can see he is not a trinidadian gods, he is the son of God like he always told us he was. We are made in God's image, if God were to be a trinidadian gods we would have three faces or three of everything, but we don't, we were created thats why humans create things, humans don't evolutionise like many evolutionist believe, we were created by one celestial entity.

A God can not be born nor die, Jesus was born and then died, the God of creation is the Alpha and the Omega which it means he never had a Start nor a Ending.

Those trinidadian beliefs are from antient Babylon, Sumeria and Rome the Roman Catholic Church or RELIGION is the one responsible for these false beliefs and thats because they belong in the Secret Society of the Illuminati.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Emanuel was the name of Yeshuah before he became human, Emanuel became to be Yeshuah once he became human, you understand.

John the baptizer baptise the son of God NOT! God, a God cannot be baptized piriod, Jesus never claim to be God, but the son of God. When Jesus was baptised God was in heavens and spoke out saying " THERE IS MY SON THE ONE WHO BECAME CHRIST " and right there and then Jesus got his powers. where was the Holy Spirit at the time? Flying in bird form in the sky. So clearly you can see he is not a trinidadian gods, he is the son of God like he always told us he was.

A God can not be born nor die, Jesus was born and then died, the God of creation is the Alpha and the Omega which it means he never had a Start nor a Ending.

Jesus never claimed he was God but he never said he was not God either. John the baptist saw Jesus for who he really was. God walked amoung his people and they knew Him not.
Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

John 1:10 "He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him."

1 Corinthians 8:6 "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live"

Hebrews 1:12 "but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Kinda of ironic that 1 Corinthians 8:6 says basically the same thing that John 1:10 says just in a different fashion. It is impossible for all things to come from 2 seperate beings and that we live through them both. There can only be ONE being, One Lord, One God and they are the same!

Yahweh IS Jesus Christ, Yahweh is the Lord's pre-incarnate form. Jesus made the universe, he made Man, all this and you still cannot see?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I have to go now I'll come back latter at night.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The truth is that Jesus Crhist is NOT! God he is the son of God, God has a name of his own and his name is YAHWEH.

This is why you don't understand what they were saying, cause you believe in this system of things, in other words you believe in RELIGION! religion was ment to mislead people from the truth. Most of Christianity today believes in trinidadian gods, this was don by the Illuminati to divide and conquer humanity, the goal is to mislead you from the true God of creation Yahweh.

How would you know the truth if you don't know the truth and the truth is God Yahweh, thats why

Trinidadian gods?
I had no idea the Carribean was such a leader in religious ideology!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It is impossible for all things to come from 2 seperate beings and that we live through them both. There can only be ONE being, One Lord, One God and they are the same!

Yahweh IS Jesus Christ, Yahweh is the Lord's pre-incarnate form. Jesus made the universe, he made Man, all this and you still cannot see?
Jesus is a being. Where does it say God is a being?
You fail to notice the two different prepositions, from, and through. So there is the explanation. All things come from God and through the agency of Jesus, meaning that if not for the being who was to later become Jesus, the world would not have been created in the first place because things would have been so horrible that God would have gave up on the idea of making such a thing.
The other verse you quoted was talking about the light and was describing it as if it was an entity but was really just saying there is God with various aspects which make the universe work and the people in that world who receive those benefits constantly did not recognize it for what it was. You are turning into it meaning solely Jesus, which it does not say.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Praetorius

I don't know if it was a mistake, but Sacred Text is the one I use the most.

Thanks, Chamberf=6 and yourself probably nailed it. I'll get this one bookmarked.

Much obliged.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

My friend I see what you see and I don't like it, believe me Jesus wouldin't like it either. I don't blame you for your beliefes is the society we live in. Here are some bible text for you to look at, my intentions is not to convinse you, but I must tell you the truth, is up to you what you whant to do.

JESUS CHRIST came to the earth primarily to give, not to receive. By means of his ministry, he gave a priceless gift to humankind—a message that revealed the truth about God and His will. Those who respond to that message can enjoy a better life now, as millions of true Christians can testify.* But at the core of the message Jesus preached is the most precious gift of all—the perfect life that he gave in our behalf. Our eternal welfare depends upon our response to this key aspect of his message. What God and Christ gave Jesus knew that he was to die a painful death at the hands of his enemies. (Matthew 20:17-19) Yet, in his well-known words found at John 3:16, he said: "God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." Jesus also said that he came "to give his soul [or, life] a ransom in exchange for many." (Matthew 20:28) Why did he say that his life would be given rather than taken? Motivated by unsurpassed love, God made provision for humans to be rescued from inherited sin and its consequences—imperfection and death. God did this by sending his only-begotten Son to the earth to die a sacrificial death. Jesus willingly complied, giving his perfect human life in our behalf. This provision, called the ransom, is God's greatest gift to humankind.# It is a gift that can lead to everlasting life. What you need to do Is the ransom a gift to you personally? That is up to you. To illustrate: Imagine that someone holds out to you a gift-wrapped box. Really, it does not become your gift until you reach out and accept it. Similarly, Yahweh extends the ransom to you, but this gift is not yours personally unless you reach out and accept it. How? Jesus said that it is those "exercising faith" in him who will receive everlasting life. Faith involves the way you live your life. (James 2:26) Exercising faith in Jesus means bringing your life into harmony with the things he said and did. To do that, you must know Jesus and his Father well. "This means everlasting life," Jesus said, "their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."—John 17:3. Some 2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ shared a message that has changed the lives of millions of people the world over. Would you like to know more about that message and how you and your loved ones can benefit from it, not just now, but forever. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Not everyone who claims to be Christian is a genuine follower of Christ. Jesus' true followers are those who live in harmony with the truths he taught about God and His will.—Matthew 7:21-23.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human4life

. . .Yahweh extends the ransom to you, but this gift is not yours personally unless you reach out and accept it.
Yahweh is the person we are being ransomed from, by the death of Jesus.
Jesus never followed Yahweh and was openly against that person and said his time was over and it was the time of the true God that Jesus was proclaiming.
There may be a verse in the OT where it makes an analogy of Yahweh being like a father but the true Father, the Father and God of Jesus was God, not Yahweh.
For example, Mel Gibson's movie, The Passion, the Jesus character is so severely beaten that his ribs are showing. The word to describe that in the NT Greek is the same word to describe someone being cut in half, as in the parable of Jesus telling of the bad servant who decided the return of his master would be prolonged, where the master returns unexpectedly and cuts the servant in half. This cutting in half is reminiscent of the blood oath where the animals are cut in half and the covenantors walk between the halves to indicated the fate of one who breaks the covenant. Jesus broke the Yahweh covenant by standing in his place and took the penalty of god breaking the covenant, instead of the people dying, which would happen if the covenant was not so done away with.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Wow wow wow!! what kind of nonsense are you saying, what the heck? Did you really mean this? There is no way Jesus says he is Yahweh, you know your sinning right, I will not be part of your conversation sorry pick someone else.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Should You Believe in the Trinity?

Is God Always Superior to Jesus?

JESUS never claimed to be God. Everything he said about himself indicates that he did not consider himself equal to God in any way—not in power, not in knowledge, not in age.

In every period of his existence, whether in heaven or on earth, his speech and conduct reflect subordination to God. God is always the superior, Jesus the lesser one who was created by God.

Jesus Distinguished From God

TIME and again, Jesus showed that he was a creature separate from God and that he, Jesus, had a God above him, a God whom he worshiped, a God whom he called "Father." In prayer to God, that is, the Father, Jesus said, "You, the only true God." (John 17:3) At John 20:17 he said to Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." (RS, Catholic edition) At 2 Corinthians 1:3 the apostle Paul confirms this relationship: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Since Jesus had a God, his Father, he could not at the same time be that God.

The apostle Paul had no reservations about speaking of Jesus and God as distinctly separate: "For us there is one God, the Father, . . . and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 8:6, JB) The apostle shows the distinction when he mentions "the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels." (1 Timothy 5:21, RS Common Bible) Just as Paul speaks of Jesus and the angels as being distinct from one another in heaven, so too are Jesus and God.

Jesus' words at John 8:17, 18 are also significant. He states: "In your own Law it is written, 'The witness of two men is true.' I am one that bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me." Here Jesus shows that he and the Father, that is, Almighty God, must be two distinct entities, for how else could there truly be two witnesses?

Jesus further showed that he was a separate being from God by saying: "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." (Mark 10:18, JB) So Jesus was saying that no one is as good as God is, not even Jesus himself. God is good in a way that separates him from Jesus.

God's Submissive Servant

TIME and again, Jesus made statements such as: "The Son cannot do anything at his own pleasure, he can only do what he sees his Father doing." (John 5:19, The Holy Bible, by Monsignor R. A. Knox) "I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38) "What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me." (John 7:16) Is not the sender superior to the one sent?

Jesus told the Jews: "I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me." —John 6:38

This relationship is evident in Jesus' illustration of the vineyard. He likened God, his Father, to the owner of the vineyard, who traveled abroad and left it in the charge of cultivators, who represented the Jewish clergy. When the owner later sent a slave to get some of the fruit of the vineyard, the cultivators beat the slave and sent him away empty-handed. Then the owner sent a second slave, and later a third, both of whom got the same treatment. Finally, the owner said: "I will send my son [Jesus] the beloved. Likely they will respect this one." But the corrupt cultivators said: "'This is the heir; let us kill him, that the inheritance may become ours.' With that they threw him outside the vineyard and killed him." (Luke 20:9-16) Thus Jesus illustrated his own position as one being sent by God to do God's will, just as a father sends a submissive son.

The followers of Jesus always viewed him as a submissive servant of God, not as God's equal. They prayed to God about "thy holy servant Jesus, whom thou didst anoint, . . . and signs and wonders are performed through the name of thy holy servant Jesus."—Acts 4:23, 27, 30, RS, Catholic edition.

God Superior at All Times

AT THE very outset of Jesus' ministry, when he came up out of the baptismal water, God's voice from heaven said: "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved." (Matthew 3:16, 17) Was God saying that he was his own son, that he approved himself, that he sent himself? No, God the Creator was saying that he, as the superior, was approving a lesser one, his Son Jesus, for the work ahead.

When Jesus cried out: "My God, my God, why have you deserted me?" he surely did not believe that he himself was God

Jesus indicated his Father's superiority when he said: "Yahweh's spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor." (Luke 4:18) Anointing is the giving of authority or a commission by a superior to someone who does not already have authority. Here God is plainly the superior, for he anointed Jesus, giving him authority that he did not previously have.

Jesus made his Father's superiority clear when the mother of two disciples asked that her sons sit one at the right and one at the left of Jesus when he came into his Kingdom. Jesus answered: "As for seats at my right hand and my left, these are not mine to grant; they belong to those to whom they have been allotted by my Father," that is, God. (Matthew 20:23, JB) Had Jesus been Almighty God, those positions would have been his to give. But Jesus could not give them, for they were God's to give, and Jesus was not God.

Jesus' own prayers are a powerful example of his inferior position. When Jesus was about to die, he showed who his superior was by praying: "Father, if you wish, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place." (Luke 22:42) To whom was he praying? To a part of himself? No, he was praying to someone entirely separate, his Father, God, whose will was superior and could be different from his own, the only One able to "remove this cup."

Then, as he neared death, Jesus cried out: "My God, my God, why have you deserted me?" (Mark 15:34, JB) To whom was Jesus crying out? To himself or to part of himself? Surely, that cry, "My God," was not from someone who considered himself to be God. And if Jesus were God, then by whom was he deserted? Himself? That would not make sense. Jesus also said: "Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit." (Luke 23:46) If Jesus were God, for what reason should he entrust his spirit to the Father?

After Jesus died, he was in the tomb for parts of three days. If he were God, then Habakkuk 1:12 is wrong when it says: "O my God, my Holy One, you do not die." But the Bible says that Jesus did die and was unconscious in the tomb. And who resurrected Jesus from the dead? If he was truly dead, he could not have resurrected himself. On the other hand, if he was not really dead, his pretended death would not have paid the ransom price for Adam's sin. But he did pay that price in full by his genuine death. So it was "God [who] resurrected [Jesus] by loosing the pangs of death." (Acts 2:24) The superior, God Almighty, raised the lesser, his servant Jesus, from the dead.

Does Jesus' ability to perform miracles, such as resurrecting people, indicate that he was God? Well, the apostles and the prophets Elijah and Elisha had that power too, but that did not make them more than men. God gave the power to perform miracles to the prophets, Jesus, and the apostles to show that He was backing them. But it did not make any of them part of a plural Godhead.

Jesus Had Limited Knowledge

WHEN Jesus gave his prophecy about the end of this system of things, he stated: "But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Mark 13:32, RS, Catholic edition) Had Jesus been the equal Son part of a Godhead, he would have known what the Father knows. But Jesus did not know, for he was not equal to God.

'New Testament research has been leading an increasing number of scholars to the conclusion that Jesus certainly never believed himself to be God.' —Bulletin of the John Rylands Library

Similarly, we read at Hebrews 5:8 that Jesus "learned obedience from the things he suffered." Can we imagine that God had to learn anything? No, but Jesus did, for he did not know everything that God knew. And he had to learn something that God never needs to learn—obedience. God never has to obey anyone.

The difference between what God knows and what Christ knows also existed when Jesus was resurrected to heaven to be with God. Note the first words of the last book of the Bible: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him." (Revelation 1:1, RS, Catholic edition) If Jesus himself were part of a Godhead, would he have to be given a revelation by another part of the Godhead—God? Surely he would have known all about it, for God knew. But Jesus did not know, for he was not God.

Jesus Continues Subordinate

IN HIS prehuman existence, and also when he was on earth, Jesus was subordinate to God. After his resurrection, he continues to be in a subordinate, secondary position.

Speaking of the resurrection of Jesus, Peter and those with him told the Jewish Sanhedrin: "God exalted this one [Jesus] . . . to his right hand." (Acts 5:31) Paul said: "God exalted him to a superior position." (Philippians 2:9) If Jesus had been God, how could Jesus have been exalted, that is, raised to a higher position than he had previously enjoyed? He would already have been an exalted part of the Trinity. If, before his exaltation, Jesus had been equal to God, exalting him any further would have made him superior to God.

Paul also said that Christ entered "heaven itself, so that he could appear in the actual presence of God on our behalf." (Hebrews 9:24, JB) If you appear in someone else's presence, how can you be that person? You cannot. You must be different and separate.

Similarly, just before being stoned to death, the martyr Stephen "gazed into heaven and caught sight of God's glory and of Jesus standing at God's right hand." (Acts 7:55) Clearly, he saw two separate individuals—but no holy spirit, no Trinity Godhead.

In the account at Revelation 4:8 to 5:7, God is shown seated on his heavenly throne, but Jesus is not. He has to approach God to take a scroll from God's right hand. This shows that in heaven Jesus is not God but is separate from him.

In agreement with the foregoing, the Bulletin of the John Rylands Library in Manchester, England, states: "In his post-resurrection heavenly life, Jesus is portrayed as retaining a personal individuality every bit as distinct and separate from the person of God as was his in his life on earth as the terrestrial Jesus. Alongside God and compared with God, he appears, indeed, as yet another heavenly being in God's heavenly court, just as the angels were—though as God's Son, he stands in a different category, and ranks far above them."—Compare Philippians 2:11.

The Bulletin also says: "What, however, is said of his life and functions as the celestial Christ neither means nor implies that in divine status he stands on a par with God himself and is fully God. On the contrary, in the New Testament picture of his heavenly person and ministry we behold a figure both separate from and subordinate to God."

In the everlasting future in heaven, Jesus will continue to be a separate, subordinate servant of God. The Bible expresses it this way: "After that will come the end, when he [Jesus in heaven] will hand over the kingdom to God the Father . . . Then the Son himself will be subjected to the One who has subjected everything to him, so that God may be all in all."—1 Corinthians 15:24, 28, NJB.

Jesus Never Claimed to Be God

THE Bible's position is clear. Not only is Almighty God, Yahweh, a personality separate from Jesus but He is at all times his superior. Jesus is always presented as separate and lesser, a humble servant of God. That is why the Bible plainly says that "the head of the Christ is God" in the same way that "the head of every man is the Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:3) And this is why Jesus himself said: "The Father is greater than I."—John 14:28, RS, Catholic edition.

The fact is that Jesus is not God and never claimed to be. This is being recognized by an increasing number of scholars. As the Rylands Bulletin states: "The fact has to be faced that New Testament research over, say, the last thirty or forty years has been leading an increasing number of reputable New Testament scholars to the conclusion that Jesus . . . certainly never believed himself to be God."

The Bulletin also says of first-century Christians: "When, therefore, they assigned [Jesus] such honorific titles as Christ, Son of man, Son of God and Lord, these were ways of saying not that he was God, but that he did God's work."

Thus, even some religious scholars admit that the idea of Jesus' being God opposes the entire testimony of the Bible. There, God is always the superior, and Jesus is the subordinate servant.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Wow wow wow!! what kind of nonsense are you saying, what the heck? Did you really mean this? There is no way Jesus says he is Yahweh, you know your sinning right, I will not be part of your conversation sorry pick someone else.
Sinning against Yahweh is inconsequential when you believe in Jesus because he supersedes Yahweh who was an angel who administered the Old Covenant, while Jesus is the ender, or finisher, of the old, and the administrator of the New Covenant, under God.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The prophecy quit because of this:

Zechariah 13:3 It will happen that, when anyone still prophesies, then his father and his mother who bore him will tell him, ‘You must die, because you speak lies in the name of Yahweh;’ and his father and his mother who bore him will stab him when he prophesies. 4 It will happen in that day, that the prophets will each be ashamed of his vision, when he prophesies; neither will they wear a hairy mantle to deceive: 5 but he will say, ‘I am no prophet, I am a tiller of the ground; for I have been made a bondservant from my youth.’ 6 One will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’

John the Baptist didn't hide his camel skin though. He openly displayed himself as a prophet. He ended up beheaded. Jesus even said that Zechariah was killed too, within the temple area.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Quite the conundrum we have to be able to say that God is all powerful but he doesnt have the power to inhabit a man's body.
That sounds really creepy to me. What does that mean, inhabit a man's body?
How about God becoming a person, or rather, a god-type person becoming a man? Or is that something that God can not do?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Right, which means not by reading the name, Yahweh, written into the OT for a god-name. The actual person who said what is written to be understood as Yahweh, was an angel who was in the habit of representing himself as god. People later decided to take what he said to describe what he was doing, and to make it into a god-name and to insert it into the old writings as they were being replaced as the older copies had to be replaced.
Genesis one says in the beginning, Elohim created the heavens and the earth and does not mention anyone going by the name, Yahweh.
I don't know who you are calling the illuminate.
The idea that there is multiple gods under the actual true, one God is something which has always been around, what the trick is to me is this move after Christianity became established, to push this idea of monotheism, which is a new and not biblical concept. This monotheism concept is what later forced the acceptance of the trinity, which rationalizes the other gods into being really one, which makes no sense.
edit on 2-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes but you see. You are totally ignoring John 1:1-18.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light. 9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’" 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Heres the link:

www.soundofgrace.com...

John was trying to convey the message of Jesus Christ being the Living Word. That same Word who was with God and whom was God. Can you not see that Jesus is the one and the same as the Father? He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus was there from the beginning, and when i say Jesus i mean the spirit who inhabited him the Holy Spirit that he to this day grants us from his throne in heaven. It is Jesus who is the judge, it is Jesus who sit son the white throne of God, it is Jesus who made mankind and it is Jesus who devised the plan to save his friend(s). This was how great his love was, how great the love of God was, that he would grow a human body and inhabit it so that he could bare our sins because we could never hope to bare our own sin, only he could do this. No angel could bare the sins of mankind, only God himself (angels were often referred to as the "sons of God") has the power to destroy sin and burn it clean.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Sinning against Yahweh is inconsequential when you believe in Jesus because he supersedes Yahweh who was an angel who administered the Old Covenant, while Jesus is the ender, or finisher, of the old, and the administrator of the New Covenant, under God.

No, Jesus is the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the end, Jesus said this in Revelation and it is also written in the book of Isaiah. Here's a good link to read up on that you may find interesting or may totally scare you some more. It also solidifies the whole "immanuel-God in the flesh" deal.

www.biblestudyguide.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

As an addendum to that, if you and look at the actual Hebrew of Genesis 1:1, right next to the word for "God" is an untranslated symbol, the Aleph-Tav. By untranslated, I mean that they didn't translate that into Greek or English, or any other language.

בְּרֵאשִׁית, בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים, אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם, וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ.

I can't bold it because it's in Hebrew, but right there in the middle, those two symbols...
edit on 2-10-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

The prophecy quit because of this:

Zechariah 13:3 It will happen that, when anyone still prophesies, then his father and his mother who bore him will tell him, ‘You must die, because you speak lies in the name of Yahweh;’ and his father and his mother who bore him will stab him when he prophesies. 4 It will happen in that day, that the prophets will each be ashamed of his vision, when he prophesies; neither will they wear a hairy mantle to deceive: 5 but he will say, ‘I am no prophet, I am a tiller of the ground; for I have been made a bondservant from my youth.’ 6 One will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’

John the Baptist didn't hide his camel skin though. He openly displayed himself as a prophet. He ended up beheaded. Jesus even said that Zechariah was killed too, within the temple area.

Many of the prophets were killed in terrible ways, hence where the saying "don't kill the messenger" came from

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join