It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain and Paul "removed" from Bill O'Reilly poll???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
RealClearPoltiics averages 9/15 - 9/27:

Perry 26.5
Romney 23.0
Cain 9.0
Gingrich 8.8
Paul 8.0
Bachmann 5.0
Santorum 2.8
Hunstman 2.0

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Bill is a bombastic douche.

That may be an unfair comparison since a douche actually has use/value in certain circumstances....unlike Bill.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I am watching the Bill O'Reilly show on Fox. He just said something like this:

NOTE: I was watching this live on TV, so I am paraphrasing what he said...this is not an exact quote, even though I put quotation marks around it.
"I have bad news to report. On our poll, the Herman Cain and Ron Paul supporters were told to flood the site and vote for their candidates, so we have to throw those 2 candidates out. The winner was Mitt Romney with Newt Gingrich in 2nd and Rick Perry in 3rd."

Now, that is crap, I get emails from Herman Cain, and they did no such thing. I actually DID go on the site and vote for Cain, but I did it on my own. No one told me to "flood the site".

Sounds like Cain and Paul won and O'Reilly is ticked.

I would link something, but the poll is still showing as open on the website and there is no news story about it yet.

Well there was a thread on here a few days ago with a Paul supporter asking people to do just that. The thread was 404'd pretty quickly here but how many forums did not moderate such requests? The funniest part is the OP of that thread pointed out things like what BillO had said and then asked people to vote for Paul to "prove them wrong."

I really really really hate to be on O'Reilly's side but hell it was right here.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

If this be the case...Bill is showing his true colors. I really thought he was a more honorable man.

You can't "flood" an online poll. Your vote is counted by your computer information when voting. If you try to vote again in the same poll. You are told that your vote has already been counted...I call BS

That was not at all how I took it and I am speaking from seeing it happen. The message goes out to Paul supporters that there is a poll up right now on such and such site and they should all go there and vote. How many people do you suppose voted for Paul on that and were actually watching FOX news? How many do you think were directed to a poll they otherwise would not have even seen?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanndy

NOTE: I was watching this live on TV, so I am paraphrasing what he said...this is not an exact quote, even though I put quotation marks around it.
"I have bad news to report. On our poll, the Herman Cain and Ron Paul supporters were told to flood the site and vote for their candidates, so we have to throw those 2 candidates out. The winner was Mitt Romney with Newt Gingrich in 2nd and Rick Perry in 3rd."

Now, that is crap, I get emails from Herman Cain, and they did no such thing. I actually DID go on the site and vote for Cain, but I did it on my own. No one told me to "flood the site".

I would link something, but the poll is still showing as open on the website and there is no news story about it yet.

Well there was a thread on here a few days ago with a Paul supporter asking people to do just that. The thread was 404'd pretty quickly here but how many forums did not moderate such requests? The funniest part is the OP of that thread pointed out things like what BillO had said and then asked people to vote for Paul to "prove them wrong."

I really really really hate to be on O'Reilly's side but hell it was right here.

Respectfully, I still don't agree.

What about Cain supporters? Have you seen anything like that from his camp? As I said, I am on his email list, and he didn't send anything like that out. I'm also in several of the pro-Cain Facebook groups, and I didn't see anything like that on Facebook either.

So maybe Ron Paul supporters pushed for it, but I'd like some evidence Cain's did.

Even IF they did, however, isn't the goal to see who can stir up their people enough to rally them to vote? If they did that next November, we'd call it winning the election...isn't it the goal of the candidate to see who can rally their supporters???

Also, what was stopping the other candidates from having supporters who did the same thing???

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It's Fox and they hate Ron Paul they do everything they can to put him in a bad light. I'm surprised about Cain though because he usually supports the things Fox likes.

Fox and Black folks?

Bill O"Really" has made racist remarks in the past towards Black Americans. It doesn't surprise me at all what he did. Hannity interviewed Cain after the last debate and cut him off while he was speaking and ending the interview. Hannity gave more time to Ron Paul than Cain.

Cain scares the hell out of Fox. They use to parade Alan Keyes around as some form of amusement and entertainment, but Cain isn't anything like Keyes. Cain is a real threat to them. He has a mind and a mouth that is superior to any Romney, Perry, Bachman, Palin, etc. He has real charisma and leadership. Finally, what really scares them is that he can win.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Herman Cain is a neocon, fox loves neocons.

It must have been a mistake.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Polls flip daily and most times the results are skewed.

They won't really matter until the primaries are over. If even then.

The only FOX I watch are Studio B and RedEye. I'll catch Greta on occasion as well.
edit on 30-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Greta can't articulate a complete sentence without stuttering. Next time she presents something newsworthy will be the first time. Maybe she can go interview Palin about moose hunting in her living room again. That was fascinating!

Smith does his job. Just reports what he's told to report. I will agree, RedEye can be quite funny.
edit on 30-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Um...I voted three times. It's all my fault!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I don't know man I gotta disagree. Any presidential candidate who endorses the Federal Reserve rubs me suspicious, but one who used to work for the Fed? That doesn't exactly spell trustworthy politician in my book.

But if I remember correctly he has said that he wants to audit the Fed so we can see what they're doing, so if he's president that would be a good change. I could be wrong, maybe Herman Cain is just an honest American trying to help this country out, it's hard to say with him. Perry and Romney stink with corruption from a mile away, but it's hard to get a lock on what Herman Cain is all about.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

If he had a career at the Fed I might be concerned, but he's not a banker or an aristocrat.

We know based on his records and history that his degrees are mathematics and computing, that he started out working at the Department of Defense using his mathematical skills, then went into the corporate world, working his way from the bottom to become an executive at Coca Cola.

He went from Coca Cola to Pillsbury to Burger King as an executive. Thats where he's spent most of his career. He was only at the Kansas City Fed for 4 years (1992-1996).

Now if he went to Yale or Oxford, had a masters in law or finance, and worked in the banking industry his whole life, I would be worried.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I watch O'Reilly all the time - frankly can't stand the guy, he's got an ego the size of New York!

Having said that, I have to say that none of this surprises me. Bill O. has been backing Romney since the beginning.

The MSM is all about 'fixing' an election by influencing people's perceptions - hasn't anybody learned that from Obama? Was there really a difference between McCain and Obama? (By the way, I watch and read all kinds of media whether I agree with it or not just to monitor the way they are trying to propagandize the issues and they're using every trick in the book on this one!)

Ask yourself why? The answer is fairly obvious and simple. Neither Romney or Perry are going to rock the boat, the agenda will continue on course, there will be no return to true Constitutional principles but rather the march towards financial dictated globalism will continue, the only value of people in such a system, is in the extent to which they can be manipulated. This suits the media just fine, as they are owned and managed by corporate interests that stand to profit enormously from such an unfortunate outcome, as do people like O'Reilly.

It is a very sad situation, but I have to say that although the majority of people support Ron Paul, the media will continue to convince the general populace that Romney and Perry are the icing on the cake - a cake which is rotten inside.

The only hope is that people wake up to the joke being maliciously played on them by these high paid pretenders.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Honestly, did you actually and honestly expect any different?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Why would you vote for Cain? Ron Paul is the only viable candidate.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What about Cain supporters? Have you seen anything like that from his camp? As I said, I am on his email list, and he didn't send anything like that out. I'm also in several of the pro-Cain Facebook groups, and I didn't see anything like that on Facebook either.

So maybe Ron Paul supporters pushed for it, but I'd like some evidence Cain's did.

Even IF they did, however, isn't the goal to see who can stir up their people enough to rally them to vote? If they did that next November, we'd call it winning the election...isn't it the goal of the candidate to see who can rally their supporters???

Also, what was stopping the other candidates from having supporters who did the same thing???

I specifically pointed out what I saw about Ron Paul because that was something I actually saw. I never said any such thing about Cain because I had not seen any such thing about Cain. Must not exist then, right?
As for what is stopping other candidates from having supporters do the same thing? Well their supporters probably have jobs and lives. Ron Paul supporters have always been more on the young end of the spectrum. Just the right crowd to be online already updating their facebook status.

Next time you aske me to prove something about Cain you might want to check and see if I said anything about him that needed proving.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I specifically pointed out what I saw about Ron Paul because that was something I actually saw. I never said any such thing about Cain because I had not seen any such thing about Cain. Must not exist then, right?
As for what is stopping other candidates from having supporters do the same thing? Well their supporters probably have jobs and lives. Ron Paul supporters have always been more on the young end of the spectrum. Just the right crowd to be online already updating their facebook status.

Next time you aske me to prove something about Cain you might want to check and see if I said anything about him that needed proving.

You said you agree with O'Reilly. O'Reilly threw out Paul AND Cain from the poll. I took your agreement with O'Reilly as you agreeing with him throwing out both Cain and Paul. That is what I disagreed with you about.

If you had said that you agree with him throwing out Paul, but you didn't know about Cain, then I would have responded differently.

So again, I respectfully disagree with you if you are in favor of him throwing out both Cain and Paul.

Apparently, though, you were just talking about Paul.

Therefore, my response to you is this:
Respectfully, I still disagree. Any candidate could inspire his or her supporters to "flood" the online poll. The fact that only Ron Paul has been demonstrated to have done that speaks to the fervor of his supporters. I suggest that the other candidates should inspire their supporters to that level as well. But I think they can't because I believe that the other candidates are just not inspiring. Probably one of them will win, because they are boring and safe. But that doesn't mean Ron Paul (or Herman Cain) didn't win that online poll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join