It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banners blocking across the top of the page.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I haven't been able to reproduce this effect on any of my browsers (Mac & PC). I suspect it's an HTML oddity associated with the "Ad Choices" link on a few ads that only effects a few specific browsers.

colon lol colon
really..?
I haven't been able to NOT reproduce this effect on my browser.
Macbook Pro using Safari so I doubt it's a browser issue SO.
A refresh occasionally removes the add after the opt out cookie is downloaded which tells me the ad link isn't up to speed with their affiliates yet. Hope that helps something..?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Yes... I've not seen it at all last night or this morning with: Mac: Safari, Opera, Chrome, Firefox; PC: IE, Chrome, Firefox... either logged-in as a member or as a non-logged in user.

We've also had an automated script running to see which banners (if any) break the 728x90 size, or inject positioning other than what is assigned by our code... and haven't found anything decisive.

I suspect the issue might be related to one ad network that handles the "Ad Choices" button/link a little differently than the others, and have disabled that network while I investigate further.

Still, until I can reproduce the results with regularity on my end, a fix will be elusive.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for paying attention to it none the less.

I will guess that most experiencing this are using the ribbon or myAts as a way around the banners.

<< 1  2   >>

join