It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banners blocking across the top of the page.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Still getting them today....

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Summer,I just figured out how to get rid of it.
At the top there is a little blue arrow.I clicked it,it redirected me to a site to opt out of the ad.
I opted out and so for it hasn't come back.
Really,ATS?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Many website/forums have ads. The difference I've seen between ATS and others, is that on other sites the ads don't cover up something as valuable as the bar across the top when you're logged in. That is the way to navigate the site. Often, the ads leave me stuck on the page I'm on.

Secondly, just about every other ad I've seen elsewhere, can either be closed or collapsed. Has an X button, or a collapse button. Not so with the ATS ads. You can't collapse them. You can't navigate past them.

Why have them? It seems like a money grab which takes priority over the members ability to navigate the site, or even get off the page they're on.

A MetroPCS ad just flashed across the page for me. Ever happen to anyone else?
edit on 3-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ahhh, THANK YOU kdog!!

It is very frustrating....

going to give it a shot and see if it works

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Yea it finally happened to me and im new..I was like now what do i do...LOL...I wish it would go away....Hey i cant seem to get a aviator..I think i have enough pixels..I keep getting that its down. does anyone know about this??sorry its off subject..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
/signed

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I've had this happen 5 or more times to day. I've got screen shots for a few of them.

I'm on a mac and currently browsing using Chrome.

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here is a screen shot:

edit on 10/3/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm having the same problem. I'm using Ubuntu and at least 3 times within the past 20 min. I've had the top buttons blocked by ads. This has also happened to me several times while browsing ATS on my Nook.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I keep getting this one...

Can we make that one cover the buttons too?

edit on 3-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

This is complete crap!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Can someone in charge please address this issue ASAP?? It's really annoying! This started happening yesterday, and has continued today. I started by pressing refresh, and that fixed it, but now a different ad just takes it's place.
I looked into opting out of the ads- but you have to download a cookie, and I don't know if I'm comfortable doing that yet or not. This shouldn't be happening. We shouldn't have to opt out to be able to use the tabs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I had it happen to me today too- I couldn't access any of my buttons, and I usual find the "Block ad" tab- but this one didn't have one!

I ended up going off to another site for a while.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I just submitted a complaint with a link to this thread. Hopefully that will help get this resolved.

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Never seen staff wait this long to address a board complaint....just sayin'

I have to agree this is more than irritating. No problem with revenue generating ads but this just screws navigation completely. I "opted out" and of course the opt out is spotty.

peace

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe they are short on funds and are trying to get us to click the ads more to support our site? Just saying . . . you never know.

edit on 3-10-2011 by nonnez because: Smiley

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Maybe they have big plans for the future, and need our support?

Seriously, if you like ATS, and see services or products that interest you in the ads, it wont hurt to visit those advertisers once and a while.... I have, and have actually gotten a great deal on something I was looking for.

ATS gives far more than it takes... A few ads in your face is a small price to pay... IMO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
Never seen staff wait this long to address a board complaint....just sayin'

I have to agree this is more than irritating. No problem with revenue generating ads but this just screws navigation completely. I "opted out" and of course the opt out is spotty.

peace

I'm sure they are working on it.

But it is odd that they haven't popped into the thread to say what's up.

Normally they're pretty on top of things, maybe someone is on vacation.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I haven't been able to reproduce this effect on any of my browsers (Mac & PC). I suspect it's an HTML oddity associated with the "Ad Choices" link on a few ads that only effects a few specific browsers.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join