It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 40
<< 37  38  39   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Ashira
I knew that stealing, killing, lying and the like was wrong because it made me feel bad.

It is socially unacceptable.

Knowing wrong behavior has nothing to do with god.

It might be your personal judgement of the word "god". If you put it in wider perspective it might very well be true that god or our divine nature means we are all one and all connected. From that perspective the fact someone feels bad about doing something which hurts others might in fact be the direct result of being aware of the connection with god.

I was raised Christian myself and I lost touch with Christianity because it felt unnatural as it was presented to me at young age. It was presented as behave or beware which includes fear rather than love. As I grew older I felt more and more there are deep truths in Christianity however it's just a spiritual path like there are many others. I don't believe any path has a right to claim being the only spiritual path.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkies
I was raised Christian myself and I lost touch with Christianity because it felt unnatural as it was presented to me at young age. It was presented as behave or beware which includes fear rather than love. As I grew older I felt more and more there are deep truths in Christianity however it's just a spiritual path like there are many others. I don't believe any path has a right to claim being the only spiritual path.

I was raised Christian myself.

After a 60+ "god" search - - - I accepted I am Atheist.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
There is nothing moral about trying to tell someone what to believe or to try and change what they believe.
This is too absolute. We tell KKK members that they're wrong for their beliefs all the time, and never think about whether it is right or wrong for them to believe as they wish.

The KKK can believe and even say whatever the hell they want, it's when they turn those words into actions that I have a major problem.

Freedom of speech works both ways; it can be used for something truly beautiful or something disgusting and horrible. You can't have partial freedom of speech or you have no freedom of speech at all.

<< 37  38  39   >>

join