It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Instead of religions why not just be spiritual. Spiritualism has no religion. Its who we are really.

What definition can be given of spirits? "Spirits may be defined as the intelligent beings of the creation. They constitute the population of the universe, in contradistinction to the forms of the material world." NOTE. The word spirit is here employed to designate the individuality of extra-corporeal beings, and not the universal intelligent element.

If demons existed, they would be the work of God; but would it be just on the part of God to have created beings condemned eternally to evil and to misery? If demons exist, it is in your low world, and in other worlds of similar degree, that they are to be found. They are the human hypocrites who represent a just God as being cruel and vindictive, and who imagine that they make themselves agreeable to Him by the abominations they commit in His name
edit on 6-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager

Why would a True Christian be offended to what anyone believes? I am puzzled.

So am I.

If you have believed so many different religions, you must be searching. I am curious as to the order of them of your quest.

Where do I say I believed any of them? As a child I went to Christian church. At age 60 my "religious quest" resulted in Atheism

I too was once a practicing Mormon, which is a very different form of Christianity.

But it is a form of Christianity. And no where did I say I believed the religion. I said: Mormons "Walk the Talk". They live their believe 24/7. And I support how they organize. Plus it is all volunteer (except for higher ups and some maintenance workers). You rarely read or hear in the media about the volunteer work of Mormons. Yet it is one of their most basic bible beliefs put into practice. They work right along site Catholic Charities and Salvation Army. In New Orleans - - following the flood - - a group of Mormons organized equipment to go in and cut up fallen trees. Did you know that? Probably not. It is done without any glory or recognition - - as god intended.

Have you felt the power of the Holy Spirit?

I'm Atheist. Why would you even think to present something of this manner to me? Because YOU think its OK?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by redstorm
reply to post by Annee

Does mumbling your mumbo jumbo make you feel intelligent?

I post pretty straight forward "mumbo jumbo" - - in a statement style.

Intelligent? Hmmmm - - what exactly is intelligence?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I would hope not. Maybe that is what she is trying to learn for herself. Have patients. Those people need your patients. They will come around brother. Sometime.....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

reply to post by Annee

I would hope not. Maybe that is what she is trying to learn for herself. Have patients. Those people need your patients. They will come around brother. Sometime.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - - - the "Riddler" swoops in to express his intellect.

Remove the mask.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Dear lord pray for this weak soul that needs you. She is trying so hard to know you as you can see by her posts. Forgive her lord for her nearsightedness. Relieve her of her physical ailments.

You like that?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Getting bored with the childish games -- back to it . . .

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

Everyone has the right to believe as they feel is right for them.

It is when it infringes on the rights of others - - - that the problems start.

I guess then the important question is: when does it become an infringement?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The transformation of the human race has been predicted from the most ancient times, and you are now approaching the period when it is destined to take place. All those among you who are laboring to advance the progress of mankind are helping to hasten this transformation, which will be effected through the incarnation, in your earth, of spirits of higher degree, who will constitute a new population, of greater moral advancement than the human races they will gradually have replaced.

The spirits of the wicked people who are mowed down each day by death, and of all who endeavor to arrest the onward movement, will be excluded from the earth, and compelled to incarnate themselves elsewhere; for they would be out of place among those nobler races of human beings, whose felicity would be impaired by their presence among them.

They will be sent into never worlds, less advanced than the earth, and will therein fulfill hard and laborious missions, which will furnish them with the means of advancing, while contributing also to the advancement of their brethren of those younger worlds, less advanced than themselves.

info

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
"Long enough have men torn one another to pieces, anathematizing each other in the name of a God of peace and of mercy, whom they insult by such a sacrilege. Spiritism will eventually constitute a bond of union among them, by showing what is truth and what is error; but there will still be, and for a long time to come, scribes and Pharisees who will reject it, as they rejected Christ.

Would you know the quality of the spirits who influence the various sects into which the world is divided? Judge them by their deeds and by the principles they profess. Never did good spirits instigate to the commission of evil deeds; never did they counsel or condone murder or violence; never did they excite party hatreds, the thirst for riches and honors, or greed of earthly things.

They alone who are kind, humane, benevolent, to all, are counted as friends by spirits of high degree; they alone are counted as friends by Jesus, for they alone are following the road which He has shown them as the only one which leads to Him."
-SAINT AUGUSTINE

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Are those people in your life who try to convert you to save you from Hell moral and correct in their actions?

I would say - unfortunately - the answer is both YES and NO

If one has a belief - especially a strong belief - they must be true to that belief. If part of that belief is reaching out to non-believers because you think Jesus (or other) is the only salvation - - then you really have no choice but to speak up and offer salvation.

Maybe churches should give classes on how to approach people - - without being pushy. And to learn to take No for an answer.

Does your church offer any classes or discussions on this?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Do what I myself used to do during my life upon the earth. At the close of each day I examined my conscience, reviewed all that I had done, and asked myself whether I had not failed in some duty, whether some one might not have reason to complain of me. It was in this way that I succeeded in obtaining a knowledge of myself, and in ascertaining what there was in me that needed reforming.

He who, every evening, should thus recall all the actions of the day, asking himself whether he has done ill or well, and praying God and his guardian angel to enlighten him would acquire great strength for self-improvement, for, believe me, God would assist him.

Ask yourself these questions; inquire of yourself what you have done, and what was your aim in such and such a manner; whether you have done anything that you would blame in another; whether you have done anything that you would be ashamed to avow.

Ask yourself also this question:--'If it pleased God to call me back, at this moment, into the other life, should I, on returning into the world of spirits, in which nothing is hidden, have to dread the sight of any one?' Examine what you may have done, first, against God; next, against your neighbor; and lastly, against yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
At the close of each day I examined my conscience, reviewed all that I had done, and asked myself whether I had not failed in some duty, whether some one might not have reason to complain of me. It was in this way that I succeeded in obtaining a knowledge of myself, and in ascertaining what there was in me that needed reforming.

I consider EVERY THOUGHT an action. Sometimes you can't wait until the end of the day.

But yes - - I do examine my thoughts and actions at the close of each day.

Remember - - we are on a discussion board. This is not real life.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If I don't believe in God or Satan that must mean I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. I'm not afraid of death nor do I wish to continue living as some sort of spirit after I die, I'm happy knowing my dead remains will be simply buried/cremated.

At first I thought it was the right thing morally to be religious but I see no morals behind any religion, infact all I see now is immorality and misbehaviour towards one another. I can’t think of a single thing that makes religion look good in any way. I don’t care if you believe in some supreme master because I see no justification for doing so, that’s your life not mine. “Religion” is made to perceive you into thinking it’s the correct guide to live a happy life, I’ve never been bound to any religion and I am having the time of my life.

My current girlfriend comes from a fairly religious family, which attend Sunday mass most weekends some of which I have agreed to attend. I find it interesting listening to the folk stories they tell and what not but it proves or provides nothing essential to life itself. Seems like more of a distraction from our ultimate fate, death. I remember one instance quite clearly, the priest told the church followers a story about a Somalia woman who was converted to Christianity by one of the church missionaries, she is now dead due to converting. This woman would have never known about Christianity until these Christian people showed up trying to change people’s thoughts on life and the afterlife which would result in her continuing to live her life, peacefully. This makes me ever so sick.

Saying all this though, I have never completely abandoned the thought of a “creator” of all things. I can & will probably never see any connection between believing in a creator & religion. Why would the creator wish anything among any of us of this nature?

If there is a creator out there forcing us to believe in any religion, why have we got numerous religions to ‘choose’ from? Seems like a human thing, made up over time to explain existence. I don’t buy any of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Journey Over The Rainbow, Draw Forth Your Light

The real task we entered in, seeds of greater self to struggle to grow into beautiful loving, giving flowers, was to preserve the heart of the child and innocence, tender kind love recognition and really see the world and overcome ourselves. And its never too late to begin this process, no matter we feel has compromized our journey. For coming in without memories, we're here to show what we're worth and work at developing our inner gifts, for the purpose of shining forth that light into the world and helping, assisting and boosting others.

Thats the journey. To connect within, to the gateway of everlasting infinite waters, to our Greater Self and the True Light/Goodness/God/Family, and shine this forth concerned and mindful of others.

Matthew 5; 13-14

13“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Journey Over The Rainbow, Draw Forth Your Light

13“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

This last quote is also in the Gospel of Thomas no?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

You forgot to edit out the name of the person you were quoting in this post. Sucks you don't get to pass that one off as your own...bwahahahahaha.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry that was mean and had nothing to do with anything....I'm leaving...but still snickering to myself.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I love your cat.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join