It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
My personal belief based on my observation of society is that we are actually loosing are morality.

Yep - - we should go back to hiding stuff behind closed doors.

And living in restrictive gender roles.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

My personal belief based on my observation of society is that we are actually loosing are morality.

Yep - - we should go back to hiding stuff behind closed doors.

And living in restrictive gender roles.

I won't touch the first topic because anything I say will sound like judgment. This is not the place for that debate.

I am more comfortable in the second one. The bible does not restrict gender it simply teaches that we do indeed have roles. The fact that men and women are different in many ways is irrefutable. Man's way may appear to be better but we have enslaved our women and our children suffer for it every day. I do not feel I am better than my wife. Actually at times I realize I would be nothing without her. She enjoys me being the leader of our family and I enjoy her being the glue that holds everything together. We are a perfect complement.

If you want a better detailed explanation of what I am trying to say I would suggest you check this out.

The Green Book by Muammar Al Qaddafi (Go to the section on Women)

911-truth.net...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Just one comment.

In ancient times - walls were built around cities.

Today we have gated communities.

It makes one wonder just how far have we come?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don’t think we have learned anything of importance in the last 2000 years. The more intelligent we think we have become the less intelligent we act. Does all of our technology make us smarter?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I don’t think we have learned anything of importance in the last 2000 years. The more intelligent we think we have become the less intelligent we act. Does all of our technology make us smarter?

I was referring to how people treat other people - - we are still living in protective communities. What's good about the Old Days is selective memory.

As far as technology goes - - - we could/should be a lot more advanced.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by Ashira
Did Buddha ever .... raise the dead man to life?

The only people who ever accomplished anything close to that description would be modern day doctors. This happens in emergency rooms all across the world every day.

About three years ago I got really physically sick, I went to many Doctors that did many things and they said that they couldn't help, no "family" member or friends would even try to help, nobody I called upon came to help until one day when I was almost dead and I called on Jesus Christ to save me, He did and He raised me up, this is why You must experience it for Yourself like like what it says the Matrix.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

wear a cross lapel pin, if they ask then about it tell them the good news

OR - - a Crescent - - a Star of David - - a CTR pin - - an Atomic symbol - Celtic Cross - Wheel - Lotus -Yin Yang - - nothing but a smile.

Religious symbols of the world: www.religionfacts.com...

Out of over 4,000 spiritual beliefs in the world which ones have the Creator becoming a human and then laying down His life to save His creation?

That is your belief.

It has nothing to do with me or millions of other people.

Tell me what You think of this video:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Tell me what You think of this video:

Enough with the videos.

I am not interested.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

I'm curious...
how many times did you try before you came upon this good wisdom?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'm curious...

edit on 6-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Still trying.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I'm curious...

Still trying.

Still talking in riddles.

Why do you need to be needed and what is the internal conflict?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm curious...

Still trying.

No conflict. Your senses do not sense beyond your own skin. For someone who claims to be a spiritual atheist you sure sound like the one who is in conflict. You mentioned you were all over the board when it comes to your belief in candles, beads, wicca, bizarre, physical, and other man made delusions. That would explain your conflict. It would also seem like you have had a problem with never being needed in your existence and thus is why you project your confusion and lack of understanding with anger and animosity.

Just an observance.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This poster appears to be enamored with the fictional character Tyler Durden. The character did have some radical wise-man qualities but his "wisdom" was primarily limited to philosophies of the anti-corporate fascism nature. "Tyler Durden" commenting on theology is just wince-inducingly awkward.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

For someone who claims to be a spiritual atheist you sure sound like the one who is in conflict. You mentioned you were all over the board when it comes to your belief in candles, beads, wicca, bizarre, physical, and other man made delusions. That would explain your conflict. It would also seem like you have had a problem with never being needed in your existence and thus is why you project your confusion and lack of understanding with anger and animosity.

What?

Did I say I was a Spiritual Atheist in this thread?

I don't remember ever talking about candles - beads - and other man made delusions. Or are you stereotyping Wicca - - because I said it was one of the beliefs I experienced? Rituals are not my thing.

Using reflection - - interesting.

I suggest you try personal blunt honesty - - - and let go of the cover-up alter-ego mind games.

You'd be more at peace if you did.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This poster appears to be enamored with the fictional character Tyler Durden. The character did have some radical wise-man qualities but his "wisdom" was primarily limited to philosophies of the anti-corporate fascism nature. "Tyler Durden" commenting on theology is just wince-inducingly awkward.

Thanks.

I think he did mention something earlier. Don't remember if it was Tyler Durden.

EDIT: Hmmm - - I've never seen (or read) Fight Club. There was nothing in any blurb or clip that I read/saw - - - that held any interest for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thanks.

I think he did mention something earlier. Don't remember if it was Tyler Durden.

EDIT: Hmmm - - I've never seen (or read) Fight Club. There was nothing in any blurb or clip that I read/saw - - - that held any interest for me.

It's worth watching (as it's not about fighting). It's a zeitgeist movie, offering astute and valid criticisms of western society (circa 2000) with a strong anti-corporate fascism thread throughout the flick. I haven't read the book but the movie is rather fascinating.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Thanks.

It's worth watching (as it's not about fighting). It's a zeitgeist movie, offering astute and valid criticisms of western society (circa 2000) with a strong anti-corporate fascism thread throughout the flick. I haven't read the book but the movie is rather fascinating.

Thanks. I will. With a very open mind - of course.

It took me 10 years before I watched Exorcist (thought it was dumb). I don't like being influenced by hype.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
I find it strange that people can mention all the new age off the wall beliefs they want and it is accepted. But if a Christian presents their beliefs they are a majority of the time attacked.

Hmmm - - let's see.

I've been Christian - New Age - Wiccan - Mormon (also Christian) - Atheist.

Christians need to get a thicker skin. They have a serious persecution complex.

They tend to get offended if you don't accept their belief/god.

Why would a True Christian be offended to what anyone believes? I am puzzled.

dictionary.com
offend[uh-fend]   Origin Like this word? of·fend   /əˈfɛnd/ Show Spelled[uh-fend] verb (used with object)
1. to irritate, annoy, or anger; cause resentful displeasure in: Even the hint of prejudice offends me.
2. to affect (the sense, taste, etc.) disagreeably.
3. to violate or transgress (a criminal, religious, or moral law).
4. to hurt or cause pain to.
5. (in Biblical use) to cause to fall into sinful ways.
verb (used without object)
6. to cause resentful displeasure; irritate, annoy, or anger: a remark so thoughtless it can only offend.
7. to err in conduct; commit a sin, crime, or fault.

I place my faith in Jesus Christ. He has shown me so much. I do not become annoyed by anyone for their beliefs. They have their own experiences and have formulated their own conclusions. I believe if a person keeps an open mind, and a truthful and open heart and seeks the truth earnestly, then they will find Jesus, as I and so many others have found. This begins a relationship with the Lord. The closer relationship you have the more is revealed and the personal relationship grows. I have love and compassion for all people, as best I can. Love those who persecute you.. Why would I be offended by someone's beliefs? Seems childish to do so. Why would Jesus be offended? He has unconditional love for all of us and is very patient with us. The Holy Spirit is alive.

If you have believed so many different religions, you must be searching. I am curious as to the order of them of your quest. I too was once a practicing Mormon, which is a very different form of Christianity.

Have you felt the power of the Holy Spirit? If so, you must know that there is a Universal Force that is alive, comforting, and testifies to the truth. If not, then pray deeply, sincerely and honestly to God and ask Him. Pray in the name of Jesus Christ and you will feel His power and presence. There is so much to learn and grow from. I wish you the best in your continued search for the truth.

with love,
Golden
edit on 6-10-2011 by GoldenVoyager because: grammar

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join