It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashira

I never really thought it about like that but I would have to agree.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

edit on 5-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
I do believe in the bible. I sincerely hope that none of my posts offended you. I am zealous in my belief in the bible and against all religions that teach contradictions.

No - I am not offended. Having opinion on the subject is what you are supposed to do.

I absolutely do not believe the bible is accurate in any way - - in regards to the truth about the real historical Jesus.

I do believe there is truth in the bible - - - as most stories have truth in them.

I do not believe the "mythical bible Jesus" story at all. I mean zero.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
There is nothing moral about trying to tell someone what to believe or to try and change what they believe.

Indeed... Consider everyone your teacher, but try not enforce your teachings on anyone...
It is difficult as this might be one of our lessons to learn.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I do believe in the bible. I sincerely hope that none of my posts offended you. I am zealous in my belief in the bible and against all religions that teach contradictions.

No - I am not offended. Having opinion on the subject is what you are supposed to do.

I absolutely do not believe the bible is accurate in any way - - in regards to the truth about the real historical Jesus.

I do believe there is truth in the bible - - - as most stories have truth in them.

What I am always struggling with is how one religion can be "good" and the other "bad". It's just perspectives and in the end just one of the paths anyone chooses to travel. I personally think it does not matter much which path you choose and even if you choose an undefined path you are still on a path

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by redstorm
reply to post by BlueSkies

Path towards complete self destruction is always the most fun.

It's still a path though... How does someone know what one must experience. Perhaps self destruction is required to move in the right direction. It's all a matter of perspective and good/bad is by definition a subjective judgement

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkies

What I am always struggling with is how one religion can be "good" and the other "bad". It's just perspectives and in the end just one of the paths anyone chooses to travel. I personally think it does not matter much which path you choose and even if you choose an undefined path you are still on a path

People that have never even heard of the Bible can still be saved if they are "Christ like" in heart(read Psalm 22] what its about is:

13Woe unto him that buildeth his house by unrighteousness, and his chambers by wrong; that useth his neighbour's service without wages, and giveth him not for his work;

14That saith, I will build me a wide house and large chambers, and cutteth him out windows; and it is cieled with cedar, and painted with vermilion.

15Shalt thou reign, because thou closest thyself in cedar? did not thy father eat and drink, and do judgment and justice, and then it was well with him?

16He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the LORD.

17But thine eyes and thine heart are not but for thy covetousness, and for to shed innocent blood, and for oppression, and for violence, to do it.. Jeremiah 22

And:

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:31-46

But if You hear the story of Christ, His death, burial and resurrection and don't care then that means that You don't really have love in Your heart.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I personally think it does not matter much which path you choose and even if you choose an undefined path you are still on a path

I agree.

People are people. You give them a tool and then they decide how to use the tool.

Expression of god - - should be felt - - in thought - expression - action.

Who the hell cares about "god's words". If someone is hungry - - - show up at their door with a bag full of food - - - and keep your mouth shut.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I personally think it does not matter much which path you choose and even if you choose an undefined path you are still on a path

I agree.

People are people. You give them a tool and then they decide how to use the tool.

Expression of god - - should be felt - - in thought - expression - action.

Who the hell cares about "god's words". If someone is hungry - - - show up at their door with a bag full of food - - - and keep your mouth shut.

And wear a cross lapel pin, if they ask then about it tell them the good news

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashira

What you say is true, but remember God says that not all that have ears will hear. He does not say they will not be forgiven or be able to go to heaven. These are 2 separate concepts that are often mashed together. Everyone’s path to heaven will be Jesus but not everyone will understand that the love inside them that guides them is from Jesus.

In my opinion the best way one can know the heart of a person is by looking at his fruit (children). A good tree produces good fruit while a bad tree produces bad fruit.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashira

I am familiar with the bible and I am happy for all people who found "christ attitude" in their heart. I also believe it is more related to your being and spirit than to you belief system/religion. I also believe if you have no compassion in your heart you are still on a path, however it might be a longer way ahead still as compassion seems to be an important quality to master.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashira
wear a cross lapel pin, if they ask then about it tell them the good news

OR - - a Crescent - - a Star of David - - a CTR pin - - an Atomic symbol - Celtic Cross - Wheel - Lotus -Yin Yang - - nothing but a smile.

Religious symbols of the world: www.religionfacts.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Ashira

What you say is true, but remember God says that not all that have ears will hear. He does not say they will not be forgiven or be able to go to heaven. These are 2 separate concepts that are often mashed together. Everyone’s path to heaven will be Jesus but not everyone will understand that the love inside them that guides them is from Jesus.

In my opinion the best way one can know the heart of a person is by looking at his fruit (children). A good tree produces good fruit while a bad tree produces bad fruit.

So how does one explain those who possess hearts that are black and full of hatred? Are they evil? Are they misfortuned? Are they doomed? You can not help what you feel, right?.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Ashira

I am very curious by what criteria you determine children good or bad...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashira
wear a cross lapel pin, if they ask then about it tell them the good news

OR - - a Crescent - - a Star of David - - a CTR pin - - an Atomic symbol - Celtic Cross - Wheel - Lotus -Yin Yang - - nothing but a smile.

Religious symbols of the world: www.religionfacts.com...

Out of over 4,000 spiritual beliefs in the world which ones have the Creator becoming a human and then laying down His life to save His creation?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Ashira

22And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

23And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

John 10

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Ashira

So how does one explain those who possess hearts that are black and full of hatred? Are they evil? Are they misfortuned? Are they doomed? You can not help what you feel, right?.

Most likely they are having the same experience everyone else has once or more than once in their earthly lives. I think we choose lives which allow us to experience all sorts of experiences so we can mature ourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Ashira

First answer everyone has the ability to choose God and obtain salvation as all sins were forgiven at the crucifixion. I’m sure you have heard of prison inmates turning their lives over to God.

Second answer, bad angels and demons are real they are in the bible and I believe this to be true. And some people might not be from God and therefore will not go to God. Here is some scripture that support the second part of this statement.

Mathew 15-23
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

edit on 5-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join