It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
If there were no mountains, man could not comprehend the possibility of ascending and descending; if there were no rocks, he could not understand that there are such things as hard bodies. It is necessary for the spirit to acquire experience; and, to that end, he must know both good and evil.

My parents taught me all that.

God was not necessary

Did you have mountains and rocks in your spirit experience class?

Spirit School sounds like a total cinch to pass. Ascend and descend. Know hard things.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
reply to post by Annee

Yea fifty cent said it to...sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain. Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain. Doesn't take god or a million words to understand or say that.

Yes but to non believers they are so perplexed by the notion that a descriptive answer has to be furnished to explain. But for someone who understands that system of pain and joy needs not explain it at all if it is for him/herself nor need they be "religious". But you're asking. Go figure.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

If there were no mountains, man could not comprehend the possibility of ascending and descending; if there were no rocks, he could not understand that there are such things as hard bodies. It is necessary for the spirit to acquire experience; and, to that end, he must know both good and evil.

God was not necessary

Spirit School sounds like a total cinch to pass. Ascend and descend. Know hard things.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

God was not necessary

If you cannot understand word in its figurative nature then these words are not for you yet.

Your parents taught you some basic laws of God. Its the idea of what God is that makes it unbelievable. God is what is unknown and beyond us. It the law that runs the universe with its hyper infinite math. These laws exists in the microscopic world and into the infinitude of space.

You dont need to read the bible or be religious to know these laws are in control call them science call them GOD, call them whatever for it need not need mans thoughts, how vain. To obey them is what this math requires of you. It really is scientific system of perfection. A deep balance, and equilibrium of consciousness.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I have plenty of faith...I don't need A faith. I can regulate my own actions, make my own decisions. I rely on logic, rationality, and doing what is right. My conscience is clean. I have no fear of hell, no hope for heaven. I await the journey after death whatever it may be. Should there be a god I will gladly stand in front of him and say, "hey you gave me logic...you gave me reason. I have been a good person a good father and a faithful and loyal husband and friend". Any god that would send me to hell simply for not believing he exists can send me there. I am far from uneducated in the matters of faith and religion. I made a very conscious decision to walk away from the church. I had questions it could not answer. I doubt god would send me to he'll for seeking the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

God is what is unknown and beyond us.

I see.
So any time a question has no known answer, you're substituting "god" for "I don't know".

The argument from ignorance fallacy is not a case for god.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

Well how about this. I sense that you are irritated, short of breath, and lost as to the reason for living. You are not alone. billions of people have no idea what they are doing alive here, they have no purpose and dont like the purpose suggested by soceity.

You are not alone friend. Smile, take a deep breath and open the window and your mind. You are not alone. We are all lost, we all have no idea whats up, some people want to believe something to attempt to make sense of if it all.

You have a better way of seeing reality then lets hear it Mr 1 in 6.5 billion.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You dont need to read the bible or be religious to know these laws are in control call them science call them GOD, call them whatever for it need not need mans thoughts, how vain. To obey them is what this math requires of you. It really is scientific system of perfection. A deep balance, and equilibrium of consciousness.

We already have a term for that: the laws of physics. I too respect, admire and stand in awe of them.

I just won't call them a god.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

We already have a term for that: the laws of physics. I too respect, admire and stand in awe of them.

I just won't call them a god.
Call them what you will but in a sense that is what God is. The Laws of phGysOicDs.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

That is not logic, it's inductive reasoning and unfortunately it's all predicated on your misunderstanding on evolution.

That aside, the attempt to disprove a scientific theory does not make a competing hypothesis correct. I asked you how you knew that the claims in the bible were true and you seem to have provided me an argument against evolution. I don't get it: this is a non sequitur.

Perhaps you did not see my reasonings. These posts are what I was referring to. The evolution stuff was directed at others.......
post#1
post#2

..note: these are on p.15. You might have to scroll down to view the posts. The links are not linking fully, it seems.

And if I misunderstand the theory of evolution, then it is a moving target. This then, my friend is truly a non sequitur.

Rgrds....

edit on 3/10/2011 by MarkJS because: minor enhancement

edit on 3/10/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Call them what you will but in a sense that is what God is. The Laws of phGysOicDs.

No. The laws of physics are the laws of physics. Not god.

Once you realize that deities are not part of the equation I'm confident you'll be quite the science enthusiast

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Perhaps you did not see my reasonings. These posts are what I was referring to. The evolution stuff was directed at others.......
post#1
post#2

..note: these are on p.15. You might have to scroll down to view the posts. The links are not linking fully, it seems.

Rgrds....

Yes, I saw those. Thank you, Mark.

I'm afraid the evidence you've presented for Christ isn't particularly compelling. Why do you believe the things in the bible? Why should someone else believe the things in the bible?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If you cannot understand word in its figurative nature then these words are not for you yet.

If you insist on speaking in riddles.

Why would I care to waste my time.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No. The laws of physics are the laws of physics. Not god.

Once you realize that deities are not part of the equation I'm confident you'll be quite the science enthusiast

All depends who you are asking. I just finished telling you that God is the infinitude of hyper math running the universe and everything contained within and beyond and agreed that it is the laws of physics some people like me call it GOD. Cant argue that. They are just words. You have no idea what idea I or someone places behind certain words.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

All depends who you are asking. I just finished telling you that God is the infinitude of hyper math running the universe and everything contained within and beyond and agreed that it is the laws of physics some people like me call it GOD. Cant argue that. They are just words. You have no idea what idea what I or someone places behind certain words.

Okay. Have fun making stuff up. When you're done with that I think you'll be quite the science enthusiast.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Its the idea of what God is that makes it unbelievable. God is what is unknown and beyond us

Thank you for sharing your belief.

My unknown is not called god.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Its the idea of what God is that makes it unbelievable. God is what is unknown and beyond us

Whatever you call it is up to you and you're welcome to it.
some people have been trying to understand that unknown since the dawn of man.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'm at home with my wife watching it's always sunny in Philadelphia laughing my ass off. She is yapping at me to stop talkin sheet to people on the Internet.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Shadow Herder is beyond me and it is unknown to me what his last meal was. By his own advice we must assume his last meal was "God" (though 'edible' is a quality of god unknown to me).

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost

I'm at home with my wife watching it's always sunny in Philadelphia laughing my ass off. She is yapping at me to stop talkin sheet to people on the Internet.

Its good advice. Spend time with the family. That is the best time.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join