It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Over 10,000 occupying Wall Street.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Martial Law here it comes!!

I hope people remain strong and united and them Bankers are made to drink their Champagne until they drown.

If it gets to 100's of thousands they cannot bring a Martial Law. There's a limit to crowd control, especially when it's despotic.
edit on 1/10/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenk1013
reply to post by Eurisko2012

So that is the only solution in your eyes-- Move if you don't agree? Really?!

That is one viable option of course, but isn't standing up and trying to change things another option as well. Why do things have to remain as they are?

If the system is broke, why not fix it?

Capitalism is here to stay in the USA.

Your resistance is futile.
But don't get discouraged. There is peace, harmony and blue birds in Canada.
Tell them i said hi.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I mean really, the stupidity of the protesters is unbelievable. Why would they think this would be a peaceful gathering? It`s going to hit the fan guys, and that was the whole point.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

George Soros should have gotten them more organized.

They don't have a clear message.

It would also help if they didn't look like a bunch burnouts!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

who or what leads you to believe this nonsense ?
"they" will instill ML at the first blink of need, regardless of numbers.
are you aware of the arsenal they can deploy ?

suppose you've never seen tanks in the streets let alone mowing someone down.
suppose you've never been exposed to "audible controls", have you?
no ?? how 'bout the water cannons ?? all of this and still not one shot or beanbag has been fired.

do you really think the protesters will change the system they way they expect to ??
they can't even decide on ONE specific grievance ... the blind leading the deaf, this is a classic example.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The dozens of people in tie-dyed T-shirts and star-spangled underwear have been camped out in a granite plaza in lower Manhattan for more than a week — and show no signs of going away. Read more: www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2011/10/01/national/a094332D57.DTL#ixzz1ZYGmFxjy

Hardly ten thousand.

Plus there's no sound and the camera is out of focus all the time.
Brilliant.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

appearances don't sway me, points do and they have none (at least none scripted for the mass)
at one time, all teens appear wasted or stoned or whatever descriptive of the day suits the world ... still doesn't change the fact that they follow a blind lead beating the same old drum over the cliff of reality.

i am always glad to see a movement of the masses, however, the incentive for me to join such a movement MUST include purpose and this one has none. i am happy to see some are agitated enough to get up and out of their 'caves' but again, no purpose, no point.

The Continental Congress didn't debate for a few weeks, but months.
It wasn't open to public debate, yet that's all this is.
The intent of the 1st Amendment, is to gather with a purpose (ie: petition the govt for a redress of grievances) ... don't see any of that occurring.

ppl whine that they cannot use a bullhorn, who needs one of those to craft or sign a petition ?
really, this whole event reeks of manipulations.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

They will stay down there as long as George Soros keeps throwing Big Macs and french fries
at them.

----------
They have nothing else to do.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

George Soros is probably staying at the Four Season Hotel in NYC and watching all of this
on TV and laughing at them.
His pawns didn't prepare very well.
----------
They all look like fools.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I don't understand why everybody thinks there is no direction. Here's a list of grievances and you can find the demands with a bit of Google-Fu. For such a large protest, I'd say they are remarkably focused. There isn't a clear dictator to throw out, no coup to accomplish... no actual forced goal so staying focused is a challenge. I'd say the organizers are doing just fine.

And to you people who think Bill O'Reilly has even one relevant word to say about aimless anger... I don't know what to say to you other than it makes me sad that he still has viewers. He hates youth. Period. He is one of the people who the rest of the world is waiting for to die of old age so we can evolve.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFrenchPickler

Really? Tell that to the people in Egypt, great example of a peaceful protest gone right. Do you really want to see bloodshed like Yemen and Syria? Would that wake you up?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Police - real gangsters supporting corporations !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the offer but I live in Scotland I would live anywere in the world as long as the system is fair and honest people like you should read previous posts.

The idea of nations and patriotism are a illusion put in place to divide us all you are my equal and your view is just as important/relevent as mine we are one world dont you think its time to herald in a new age were people are at the very least treated like people.

I hope you and your fellow citizens are safe and wish no one any harm, so please do not disregard this as a flash in the pan because this will effect you at some point if it keeps growing we will all be effected so take care and remember the movement is for the people.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
its awesome cuz there are another 4000 people watching the live stream of the video too- I can't get to NYC to protest, or else I would

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

The message is simple:

It has become impossible to tell the difference between elected officials and concentrated captital.

Wall Street is responsible for the economic rape of America, and the goverment bows to the will of Wall Street etc...

A public lynching of Goldman Sachs executives, and others most responsible for the gas hikes or housing bubble etc… would do a better job.

A mob showing Bill Orielly the meaning of Pumpkin Head would go a long way as well.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Those aren't protests? There isn't even clear direction in that list...

1. They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage. Pay your bills and this doesn't happen? Aside from that what change do they want free housing?

2. They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give CEO’s exorbitant bonuses.They don't give CEO's bonuses?????? CEO's are paid by the companies they work for not the government.. Though I do agree with the bailout part.

3. They have perpetuated gender inequality and discrimination in the workplace. Again "They" have nothing to do with this? If you do not take the time to claim these discriminations that is on no one but you, the ones perpetuating them are the companies not "They"

4. They have poisoned the food supply, and undermined the farming system through monopolization. Ok this one I am just not even sure on. Sure the FDA is part of the government, and needs to have some work done, but not sure what you are referring to about the poisoning. I would assume you mean additives that were created by the companies and approved by the FDA which would bring merit to the claim so in closing I'll give you this one.

5. They have continuously sought to end the rights of workers to negotiate their pay and make complaints about the safety of their workplace. Ok this one is all wrong once again "They" do not run the business and if youa re protesting a company then protest the business not the government or Wall Street

6. They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right. Not sure on this one if you are insisting that education be free at even college level not sure how that will go over. They don't even have free college in the socialized parts of the world.

7. They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay. This again is on the companies, but the government does have no legislation preventing this from happening so there is a duality of guilt here.

8. They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.This one I don't agree with as there are many government officials who have been thrown in jail or arrested and charged with things just like we are.Case in Point John Edwards, and there is even a congressman in SC being charged with Tax Fraud right now.

9. They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance. On this one I am not even sure who "They" is referring too. The government has no control over health insurance other then dictating the law that health insurance follows. They dont' have contracts with them so I am assuming you are once again referring to a business level.

I think the above demands just further emphasize what I and others were referring to when we stated they have no clear message or goal.

edit on 10/1/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

How is protesting about "joblessness" gonna change things? Is the government gonna pull employment, out of thin air??? And, why do people feel it's the government's job to provide employment, free money, and free food to everybody? Is the government responsible for our lives? How did people "survive" before government?

You wanna know what the REAL problem is? LAZINESS! People want a 'handout'...they hardly want to "work"! They want to sit on their lazy arses all day long....while chatting on facebook...at the expense of their employer. There's plenty of "work" out there....and it's called SELF EMPLOYMENT.
Oh wait...that's not gonna work. That requires TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!

There is no manufacturing being done, in the country that USED TO produce the best products man could make. Look at Detroit, for example...and see why America has fallen to the wayside. But hey, be encouraged....there's LOTS and LOTS of land that needs to be tilled....so, TAH-DAAAAAH problem solved. Now everyone, grab your pick and shovel.....and get busy! People are starving...all around the world...and America could grab some real attention, by FEEDING THEM! Dig people.....DIG!!!

Hang on, i've got another idea.......since you need a job......and you can't beat 'em.....JOIN 'EM. Enlist in the United States Armed Forces and go get dem der terrrorrrissss. Then, the government will gladly feed you, clothe you, house you, pay you, AND make sure you're feelwin' a. otay!
The best part is.....it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! [size=-10]KILLING IS REQUIRED!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
anyone with a shred of knowledge will know what the protests of the 60s did ... nothing but make a mess.
not the civil rights movement either ... protests against govt actions like taxes, war, healthcare, blah, blah, blah.
did it end VN any sooner ? nope
did it improve the medical care provided to vets ? nope
did it change the way the govt does business ? nope
did it change the way ppl interact with their govt ? nope

what exactly did those peace protests (although, some were violent) accomplish?

what about the treatment of the public by the LEOs ??
did that get any better ??
are the criminals or victims better after "punishment" is applied ?
do the govt goons who are outed, get punished adequately ?
when the civil robbers lose their holdings, do the ppl benefit ?

please, if you are going to stand for something, be cohesive about it.
if you are going to promote misled meanderings, their leaders are in Washington.
this is hardly an organized "act of the people", "by the people" or for "the people", when it is, i'd be happy to join.

You're acting as if this is a riot. We're not at that point yet. There are several messages from all walks of life here in America about the systemic inequality we live under that need to be heard. The lack of cohesion has actually opened the door for more Americans no matter who you are to join in to express their disgust. Everyone is pissed off. This is the rage against the machine in it's infancy.

edit on 1-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U

How is protesting about "joblessness" gonna change things? Is the government gonna pull employment, out of thin air??? And, why do people feel it's the government's job to provide employment, free money, and free food to everybody? Is the government responsible for our lives? How did people "survive" before government?

You wanna know what the REAL problem is? LAZINESS! People want a 'handout'...they hardly want to "work"! They want to sit on their lazy arses all day long....while chatting on facebook...at the expense of their employer. There's plenty of "work" out there....and it's called SELF EMPLOYMENT.
Oh wait...that's not gonna work. That requires TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!

There is no manufacturing being done, in the country that USED TO produce the best products man could make. Look at Detroit, for example...and see why America has fallen to the wayside. But hey, be encouraged....there's LOTS and LOTS of land that needs to be tilled....so, TAH-DAAAAAH problem solved. Now everyone, grab your pick and shovel.....and get busy! People are starving...all around the world...and America could grab some real attention, by FEEDING THEM! Dig people.....DIG!!!

Hang on, i've got another idea.......since you need a job......and you can't beat 'em.....JOIN 'EM. Enlist in the United States Armed Forces and go get dem der terrrorrrissss. Then, the government will gladly feed you, clothe you, house you, pay you, AND make sure you're feelwin' a. otay!
The best part is.....it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! [size=-10]KILLING IS REQUIRED!

The government had a hand in destroying jobs in this country via their free trade agreements.

The people have a right to look at them and demand action. They work for us, for god's sake.

When you cannot get a job when you are actively trying, or you are underemployed and have to resort to public assistance, that is not laziness that is a PROBLEM within our country that needs to be addressed or the bottom will collapse! Open your mind

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U

I actually
at that one. Thanks for that.

I agree with you 100%. America has been on a downward slope since before I was born. People wanting more and more of this and less and less of this. Let me get more and more money to do less and less. Then migrant workers show up and do more and more for less and less, and we wonder why we lost jobs. When my grandfather worked in the coal mines he busted his butt for very little pay and a hell of alot of work. Now I make like 30 times what he made to sit in an office and answer phones. You can say this is just from cost of living etc, but honestly it also shows you the way Americans view work now. Honestly when someone like me is getting paid more money to sit on my ass and answer phones then the guy that is out there sweating and working his fingers to the bones literally. That to me says there is a problem. Just my opinion. Am I said that I unhappy that I earned my way up from hard labor to a cushy job? No not really I enjoy the pay raise, but at the same time I miss that work as well as I wasn't having to worry so much about my weight, diet, exercise etc.

However because I have trouble paying my rent and eating due to the current cost of living vs my job's pay and the lack of raises for the last 3yrs? Can I get help from uncle Sam to put bread on the table? No I have to get a second job to do so, but at the same time there are unemployed masses who have children and live in free housing, and get free food from the government and all they do is walk around town saying you hiring? No I don't want a job I just need you to sign here so I can get my check. Yes these words were used to me recently, and I refused to sign and she got beligerant with me. I would have signed it until she said No I don't want a job.

Those that don't want to work and take advantage of government assistance don't want to do anything and they are being babied by our government for it. However, those that work there butts off to just make it go no help at all. These are things I see as real problems with the government and our system.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join