posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
reply to post by Cuervo
Those aren't protests? There isn't even clear direction in that list...
1. They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage. Pay your bills and this doesn't
happen? Aside from that what change do they want free housing?
2. They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give CEO’s exorbitant bonuses.They don't give CEO's bonuses?????? CEO's
are paid by the companies they work for not the government.. Though I do agree with the bailout part.
3. They have perpetuated gender inequality and discrimination in the workplace. Again "They" have nothing to do with this? If you do not take the
time to claim these discriminations that is on no one but you, the ones perpetuating them are the companies not "They"
4. They have poisoned the food supply, and undermined the farming system through monopolization. Ok this one I am just not even sure on. Sure the
FDA is part of the government, and needs to have some work done, but not sure what you are referring to about the poisoning. I would assume you mean
additives that were created by the companies and approved by the FDA which would bring merit to the claim so in closing I'll give you this one.
5. They have continuously sought to end the rights of workers to negotiate their pay and make complaints about the safety of their workplace. Ok
this one is all wrong once again "They" do not run the business and if youa re protesting a company then protest the business not the government or
6. They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right. Not sure on this one if
you are insisting that education be free at even college level not sure how that will go over. They don't even have free college in the socialized
parts of the world.
7. They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay. This again is on the
companies, but the government does have no legislation preventing this from happening so there is a duality of guilt here.
8. They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.This one I don't agree with
as there are many government officials who have been thrown in jail or arrested and charged with things just like we are.Case in Point John Edwards,
and there is even a congressman in SC being charged with Tax Fraud right now.
9. They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance. On this one
I am not even sure who "They" is referring too. The government has no control over health insurance other then dictating the law that health insurance
follows. They dont' have contracts with them so I am assuming you are once again referring to a business level.
I think the above demands just further emphasize what I and others were referring to when we stated they have no clear message or goal.
edit on 10/1/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)