It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Over 10,000 occupying Wall Street.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I've gotta tell ya,
This whole thing has been an eye opener to me.
I can NOT wrap my head around how there are people who are as pissed off at the system as I am
and want change as badly as I do yet............?

Immediately shoot down any and EVERY attempt to bring about change!!!!!
People are out trying to change the very things you people piss and moan about daily in these threads but
don't have the balls to get off your fat, lazy, American asses and actually DO something other than being an armchair quarterback rooting for the visiting team!!!!!

These people are the heros.
There isn't a single man or woman overseas fighting this illegal war who is doing anything near as important
for the protection of your freedoms and liberties.
These are the people who we should be giving awards to.
They should be getting the medals.
THEY are actually speaking out and making their presence known.

You think that has NO effect?
Google "Police presence"
They know it works when THEY do it.
It works both ways !!!

What in the HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!
edit on 1-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatinthesamhill
seriously? they thought there was a FREE radiohead concert, and having just walked out of work a half hour ago near wall street, there is no way there is close to 10K...why don't you watch at 9 am when all the "protesters" are sleeping, while us ordinary folk are off to work. when they do decide to wake up, they go straight to their $1200 macbooks...what a joke.
You signed up to ATS just to say that? In one sentenced you created a divide between "protestors" and "ordinary folk" as if all the protestors are lazy bums who sleep all day. Talk about total propaganda BS. Who ever gave you all those stars is either brain dead or a shill.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
A link to all the protests going on across the US.
Let the revolution begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.occupytogether.org...

Won't be long before there is a draft put into place for the police force...

Either that, or there will be some hefty (corporate-backed) signing bonuses to help 'control' things.
edit on 10/1/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Could be just the beginning,folks.
People are fed up!
They have one coming up for me locally next Tuesday,and I plan on being there.
Why,because after 24 years of being an elevator mechanic,I got laid off two months ago.
Along with 20 others.
And ,on top of that,we have 2 major bridges linking us from Kentucky to Indiana.One of those bridges has been shut down indefinitely.
I'm making some signs up this weekend!
www.occupytogether.org...

The bridge closure came just days after Sen. Mitch McConnell (R), whose Kentucky home is less than 13 miles from the bridge, derided President Obama’s jobs plan — largely based on infrastructure investment — as a “re-election plan.” McConnell doubled down on those claims Tuesday, saying the plan contained proposals both parties had “already rejected.” Kentucky Rep. John Yarmuth (D), who represents Louisville, slammed McConnell’s lack of leadership last night, telling Rachel Maddow that McConnell should “come back to the district” and tell Louisvillians himself that America can’t afford to invest in its roads and bridges:

thinkprogress.org... t/

Enough is enough!
BTW:I'm 47 years old,college educated card carrying union member with 2 kids in the public school system.
edit on 1-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

We got 664 people so far here.
www.facebook.com...
edit on 1-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Hard to organize when it is illegal to use a bullhorn at the protest......

No need for bullhorns...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
people knocking the protests here on ats should be ashamed. it's honestly pathetic. people finally band together to say something and be heard, and people here sitting behind their computers sneer, 'oh well, it's only hippies', nothing to see here, or 'ill be impressed if i see 10k on a weekday'. why do i even bother posting here among such ignorance.

People are paid to reply this crap or the American public is this stupid.

I honestly have no idea which one it is, I know its one or the other tho.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Yeah, I've gotta tell ya,
This whole thing has been an eye opener to me.
I can NOT wrap my head around how there are people who are as pissed off at the system as I am
and want change as badly as I do yet............?

Immediately shoot down any and EVERY attempt to bring about change!!!!!
People are out trying to change the very things you people piss and moan about daily in these threads but
don't have the balls to get off your fat, lazy, American asses and actually DO something other than being an armchair quarterback rooting for the visiting team!!!!!

These people are the heros.
There isn't a single man or woman overseas fighting this illegal war who is doing anything near as important
for the protection of your freedoms and liberties.
These are the people who we should be giving awards to.
They should be getting the medals.
THEY are actually speaking out and making their presence known.

You think that has NO effect?
Google "Police presence"
They know it works when THEY do it.
It works both ways !!!

What in the HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!
edit on 1-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Screwed, I have seen some posts of yours that I just couldn't agree with, but on this one, brother, I have to back you all the way.

I truly hope that this is the beginning of the next American Revolution. My hope is that it can be a peaceful one, but if it can not:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

It is the ultimate of patriotism to attempt to return our country to the ideals it was founded upon.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Autodidactic

They didn't come because they don't care. The people that they follow are the people that are being protested against. They do what the Koch brothers tell them to do, and that's to keep the wealthy from paying their fair share in taxes and protect the banks and corporations. The Tea Party would be there antagonizing the protesters. All those soulless bastards should just stay home!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
While it is good to hear i wouldn't say its breaking news.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Of course! I've been preparing for this for years and now, when I get my first opportunity to leave the country for work, the tide turns!

oh well, see y'all on the flipside!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Awakening a sleeping Giant..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Full riot gear, I knew it was coming. Here comes the violence and police brutality.

Music was very fitting watching the police taking pictures, holding tear gas canisters and dressed in full riot gear. It's a shame that our own citizens who are employed by our own government don't see they're doing the dirty work for the people who are in control.

After our government complains about how foreign governments treat their citizens who are protesting, were posed to do the same thing. Our government is so hypocritical.

I ask again, where is the outrage by both sides of congress and our president who preached government transparency?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Throughout American history the U.S. Government has kicked the crap out of anyone who opposed it's interests and agenda. Citizens as much as Foreigners. Just look back over the last 100 years of American history alone and how many times citizens have been beaten down by Military/Law enforcement on our own soil. Sad but true that American Government on all levels has always been hypocritical.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Flint2011 because: Spelling corrections.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The sparks have been ignited.

Those who choose to sit back and mock these people; your children and there children will be reading about them in history books, and recognized and praised as hero's...
That's if they win.. but I honestly see this as the point of not return.

There is noway people are backing down now and going back to their old lives... simply because their old lives don't exist anymore.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Why exactly is a bullhorn not allowed? Is it in the US rules that using bullhorn in protest is illegal? The people will be more united if they are organized and the best way to organize them is to relay the message which everyone can hear. A bullhorn can do that.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

You said it Bro!
This demonstration is doing pretty good for what some folks called "The great starbucks rebellion".
Occupywallstreet has done in a few weeks what all us keyboard commandos could not, they woke up some folks.
We know there is something wrong, we could always feel it.
Now maybe united we can all pinpoint some problems.
Good job Occupywallstreet!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

While you may have a point.
I don't fully agree, but that is not important.
One thing has changed this time.
THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING.
Hopefully that can be the game changer.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

its funny,i just saw the headlines on yahoo news and the say HUNDREDS not THOUSANDS lol.allways trying to downplay it.Thank God for internet....while we still have it that is.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

That's not really a "Breaking" News, they've been there for 14 days now.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is the prologue to the beginning of the end, and we're all witnessing it. This is great.

to this becoming a nationwide movement. Storm the capitol building!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join