It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Syria: save regime and preserve alliance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yes God forbid I ask for you and others to support claims / statements with the sources. Apparently you arent seeing the hypocrisy in your view.

You want to persuade me to your side of the argument, then show me the facts / sources. At least with western media we can disagree with it and do our own research. You cant say the same about Iran or syria, since you would be arrested and executed for questioning the government and its actions.

Ill take my western media any day of the week and twice on sundays over the forced, beleive it, dont question it or you will be killed mentality of non Western Media.

As ive stated time and again, you and others coming in here and telling us to beleive something, which would be your word and nothng more, while you and others go off on western media and freedoms.

Exactly how do you not see your actions and the actions of Syria and Iran not being one in the same?

Let me help -

Iran and Syria tell there people you will beleive what we tell you or else. No questions asked.

You and others come in here and argue western media is lieing, that we should ignore it, and take your word for it, no questions asked.

A few terms to learn -

Objectivity
Conflict of Interest
Independant thought
verifiable sources / facts
Freedom of the Press
Redress of Grievance

In case you havent noticed - The protests in the Western World are not only covered by Western media, but media from non western countries. In addition you have bloggers / individuals doing their won reporting as to whats going on.

Care to give us a list of the number of media outlets that are able to independantly cover whats going on in Syria? How about when the green revolution hit Iran?

All media was blocked, except for state media, who are nothing more than counrt stenographers, regurgitating what their handlers tell them to report.

One has to ask the questions, if your sources are so much better than western media, why arent they allowed to provide confirmation of what they are reporting? Why arent they allowed to interview people from the opposing views and running that footage on tv?

Does Western media lie? Of course being they are human like th rest of us. However, they arent going to be dragged out of their house in the middle of the night and never heard from again. A western journalist can freely question the government, all branches, and criticise their actions.

The only time that occurs in Iran or Syria (among others) is generally right before they drive the trucks forward so the people on top will fall off and sufficate to death from the nooses around their neck.

God forbid a religious question were to come up, less you be killed for crimes against God.

As irritating as Western media and personalities on those channels annoy the piss out of me, they are still more trustworthy and independant than anything you can offer.

So I ask you again, support your claims with your sources so we all can see the source and review how it obtained the information.

Its that simple....

Absent that you are doing exactly what Iran and Syria (among others) do. Demanding people ignore any source of information that doesnt come directly from the Iranian / Syrian government.

You guys really need to fix the rectal-cranial inversion and think for yourselves. Start by allowing us to see your sources.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Blah blah blah

We all live in bubbles. Fortunately for me, I live in a bubble that at least tries to understand the world through compromise and compassion, instead of assuming everyone outside of my bubble is wrong and needs to be corrected through force.

You rant on about how you can say whatever you want in your country, and how you'll be executed on the spot in Iran or Syria. Again, you prove your typical Occident vs Orient view of the world where you assume you know the situation on the other side of the world because that is what YOUR news tells you. You embrace the fact that you refuse to even look at the media that comes from there, because in your opinion it is all lies.

Do you not realize that your American freedoms only exist in a neumenic sense? (Neumenal meaning theoretical; phenomenal is actual). You really believe that your country contains such a discoursed race of neutral, democratic and cosmopolitan society that the rest of the world cannot compare to? The fact is that the only reason why you're still around disbursing your provocative opinions is because you happen to be towing the party line. If you spoke out against your national powers that be in such ways that you speak out about other sovereign nations and their cultures, you would most likely be silenced in one way or another.

You need to get real. The US is not a utopia; it is a plutocratic police state, otherwise known as fascism. It runs solely on the blood and sweat of oppressed people from all over the world who obey the American Empire at risk of falling to its guns. You can rant and rave all you want about the horrible situations that you perceive in Iran and Syria, yet I know the truth; that your country has murdered and tortured exponentially more people just to preserve your little right to makes such claims in the first place.

Where will your soapbox be when your country collapses from massive inflation, civil unrest and external pressure in the coming years? Will you be fighting for your country with words or with bullets, or will you cower at the sight of truth's purgatory?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

.......................right

I never claimed the Us was a Utopia. We do have freedoms here, contrary to your incorrect view. The Us will not collapse and we will carry on. Thats one thing you and others really need to get through your myopic views of the future.

I enjoy how you completely ignore points that you cant counter. If you dont beleive me travel to Iran and openly protest Ahmadenijad, the Ayatollah or if your feeling super lucky, question Islam.

I can say that here in the US we can engage in any and all protests against our leaders / government and religion without fear of being murdered by the state.

On the off chance you make it out alive, feel free to come back and lecture us. Until then, all I can say is you are wrong. How about you attempt to keep it in topic and we work on Syria and Iran. As much as you and others love denouncing the great satan, this isnt about the US.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I never claimed the Us was a Utopia. We do have freedoms here, contrary to your incorrect view.

I never said that the US didn't have freedoms. It's called "positive freedom", termed by Isaiah Berlin, meaning that the more you conform to the status quo, the more freedom you have. Don't let morals get in the way though.

The Us will not collapse and we will carry on. Thats one thing you and others really need to get through your myopic views of the future.

The US only functions due to imperialism. It requires foreign resources and production to survive. The more your country grows (and it HAS TO GROW per capitalist ideology), the more it sucks from the rest of the world. How much longer do you think this will go on?

The US's global reputation is garbage. The world sees your country as aggressive and violent. Do you think they will come rushing to aid the US in its moment of crisis? No. The only people who will save the US are the transnational corporations that the US government has been injecting stimulus money into. They have at least $14 trillion saved up in off shore accounts, just waiting for the public US economy to collapse so Walstreet economy can take over. The only thing that will save the US, is the evolution of corporations into corporate governments. Personally, I think that is pretty damn scary.

I enjoy how you completely ignore points that you cant counter. If you dont beleive me travel to Iran and openly protest Ahmadenijad, the Ayatollah or if your feeling super lucky, question Islam.

I can counter anything you throw my way. I choose not to because you don't even pay attention to my sources or facts because they aren't American-based sources or facts.

And why would I protest Ahmadinejad? The Ayatollah? Islam? Why do you think that I would be hardwired to view these people and cultures as wrong and in contradiction to what is right?

I can say that here in the US we can engage in any and all protests against our leaders / government and religion without fear of being murdered by the state.

Probably because when you apply for a government allowance to protest on the street with dinky signs, nobody really takes you seriously hence why it is legal.

Don't you think it strange to watch TV and see rioters in Western countries labelled as "terrorists" carrying out "violence"? They are called these things because we don't actually live in true democracies, because if we did, the people would actually be represented by their governments. Instead, we riot to send a message that there's something seriously wrong in our little bubbles that needs to be changed.

What happens? Our governments crack down on the protestors with actual physical violence, manipulate the media to make the democratic rioters appear as bad guys, and then follow up the riot by hunting down rioters and sending them to jail.

But tell me, at the same time you find it ok to watch TV and see those poor, innocent little protestors in Syria and Iran and suddenly their riots are just while ours at home are nothing politically important and should just be hidden from memory? People like you scream for their vengence for rebels in sovereign countries, yet do you also support cracking down on rioters in your country? (I would assume so, because that is the general hypocracy that I've seen in Western media).

I mean, seriously, if you want some Western military force to bomb Syria into dust and hunt down and assassinate their regime while replacing it with one just as bad (as is always the case), then you should be supporting the very same for your country too. Why you prioritize the freedoms of Syrians over Americans, I cannot rationalize.

On the off chance you make it out alive, feel free to come back and lecture us. Until then, all I can say is you are wrong. How about you attempt to keep it in topic and we work on Syria and Iran. As much as you and others love denouncing the great satan, this isnt about the US

I am talking about Syria and Iran. I am simply pointing out the blatant hypocracy that I can't help but see.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join