It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Syria: save regime and preserve alliance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Iran to Syria: save regime and preserve alliance

www.sfgate.com

Two weeks after Egypt's uprising swept aside Hosni Mubarak, the presidents of Iran and Syria stood side by side in Damascus in a blunt message to the Arab Spring: The Syrian regime can count on its allies in Tehran.

Seven months later — and after at least 2,700 deaths in Syria — Iran is tweaking its big brother role for Syrian President Bashar Assad.

It's Tehran's version of tough love: Pressing Assad to do what it takes to stay in power and preserve one of Iran's most important relationship
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What Animals. The Iran Regime does not care Syria is killing its own people by the thousands. Just comes to show you what people are leading the muslim countries in the middle east.

from the start of the Arab Spring, Iran has been trying to assume intellectual and geopolitical leadership of the unrest in the Arab world.

Pathetic animals...

www.sfgate.com

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Yeah, they should be more like Israel and just kill "worthless" Arabs.

BTW, why do you care if Arabs kill Arabs??

Didn't you suggest turning the whole area to glass??

Man you are a tough guy to please.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Syria is another Libya.

Actual genuine protesters are caught up in an insurrection and are the ones to suffer in the end. The people being killed may be the truly suppressed population, but they are not the ones organizing the operation. They are simply fodder for the MSM.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I wouldn't call them worthless animals mate, there are possibly so many different levels to this issue that not many of us know about. They may be killing civilians in Syria, but it is no different to Israel bombarding Gaza or the USA killing in Iraq. These problems are happening all over the globe, especially with drug cartels in Mexico right next to your homeland. This is not a regional problem, it is happening all over the place. And if your civilians decided to topple your government, you would in return receive the same treatment as the Syrians are.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The fair weather friend musical chairs game being played out in the Middle East is something to watch. First Iran and Syria, then Syria and Turkey, then Iran and Turkey, then Turkey and Egypt.

All thats left is for the music to stop so we can see which country is left without a chair.

My money is on Syria... They seem to have become as popular as Casey Anthony in a chuck-e-cheez.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

What Animals. The Iran Regime does not care Syria is killing its own people by the thousands. Just comes to show you what people are leading the muslim countries in the middle east.

from the start of the Arab Spring, Iran has been trying to assume intellectual and geopolitical leadership of the unrest in the Arab world.

Pathetic animals...

www.sfgate.com

Calling Iranians "animals "and "pathetic animals" just denegrates the worth of your thread...sorry but its true.

Iran has a long history, they have not always been the bad men.

Choosing words is important when trying to make a point?

Animal like behaviour would be a better choice of words perhaps.

But then that would insult 'Animals".

No one gives a fig about the innocent arabs in the middle east getting butchered by various nations.

They have been pawns for many many decades.

Again ....choose words with wisdom, unless you are just fishing.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

www.sfgate.com

Not supporting what Assad is doing by it is worth noting that alot of the uprisings in Syria were orchestrated by Western Intelligence services and alot of the fighting has been with the Mercenary Army that US/Israel/Saudi are funding for their benefit in the region.

Remember a month or so ago when 150 of Assads police were ambushed and all killed...a perfect example of these mercenaries in action.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Syria is another Libya.

Actual genuine protesters are caught up in an insurrection and are the ones to suffer in the end. The people being killed may be the truly suppressed population, but they are not the ones organizing the operation. They are simply fodder for the MSM.

Genuine protesters? You mean the ones funded and armed by Western coalition nations or the protesters that always exist in every nation at all times? Outside of Western mainstream media, I never saw any "genuine" massive protest in Libya or Syria that wasn't invoked by outside forces.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Would you and others care to back up your claims the protesters are started / supported / fanned by the west. I see this comment being thrown around with absolutely no evidence to support it.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Some disturbing facts about mid east uprisings

Enough evidence is available (see Crescent International, May 2011) to confirm involvement of external players like the US, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and members of the March 14 group of Lebanon in the Syrian uprising. Now, unfortunately, Turkey has also joined this camp against Syria. One wonders how Ankara would justify its zero-problem policy with its neighbours based on its reaction to events in Syria. Armed saboteurs have been smuggled into Syria from Jordan. Daraa, the Syrian town nearest to the Jordanian border and the Israeli occupied Golan Heights, was the first to stage an uprising. Last month, more than 120 Syrian policemen were shot dead in the border town of Jasr al-Shughour. This was a professionally planned military operation that could not have been carried out by ordinary people. Were Israeli commandos involved in the attack? And what is Turkey’s motive in joining the anti-Syrian front with the likes of Zionist Israel and Saudi Arabia?

And this -

Syria: Who is behind the protest movement?

The Daraa "protest movement" on March 18 had all the appearances of a staged event involving, in all likelihood, covert support to Islamic terrorists by Mossad and/or Western intelligence. Government sources point to the role of radical Salafist groups (supported by Israel).

Other reports have pointed to the role of Saudi Arabia in financing the protest movement.

What has unfolded in Daraa in the weeks following the initial violent clashes on 17-18 March, is the confrontation between the police and the armed forces on the one hand and armed units of terrorists and snipers on the other which have infiltrated the protest movement.

Western media will not report on any of these aspects to the protests as they are trying to influence their slant on the events going on there.

Assad has the majority of support in Syria...much the same as Ghaddafi had in Libya which doesnt really explain much other than Western Bombing might will still depose him.

What it does explain thou, that by having majority support in your own country, even when overthrown you are rounding up a hornets nest of rebels and "freedom fighters"/ guereillas that will continue the fight against the west.

All NATO is doing is signing up a new generation of terrorist to fight against the WEST in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Interesting reads to be sure. I am suspect of the first article (Im not outright dismissing it, but am concerned about potential bias.) based on the reporting body. The cresent also goes by the name of muslim media. It started out as a small town paper in Pakistan and has undergone several changes voer the years, including one during the revolution in Iran in the 70's. It presents their article from a muslim perspective, so it is nice to see what the view is from that side of the fence.

I did notice than when discussing Syria they kept the view fully western and ignored Turkey and its thoughts / actions on the matter (Turkey has Syria under essentially a naval blockade, confiscating weapons going into the country from outside, and recently forced an Iranian cargo plane enroute to Syria via Turkish airspace to land where tehy found more weapons on board.

That aside the comparison with international media is interesting because international media cant get into the country, and if they are there, they cant go anywhere. It forces them to run unverified reports, which western media (at least here in the states - CNN / Fox / MSNBC) has pointed out.

Western media held a (ill try to find the video) interview with a member of the Syrian government. The questions asked and the answers received were from 2 different planets.

Your own sources, in addition to pointing out the West, also call out Saudi Arabia, Jordan and several other non western countries.

I guess Ihave to go back to my origional question - What evidence (not speculation) is there that pins the protestors to NATO / US / Western interference? Why are the non western countries involved ignored?

Why is it so impossible for people to accept that popular uprisings can occur without outside itnerference / influence?

Anyways, just my 2 cents. If anyone has answer to my questions please post em.

thanks for posting the links. As I said, it is an interesting read.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

For a start, Russia, is more concerned over losing Syria, then Iran are.

Russia, can't afford to lose the med base, hence the reason your seeing Russian ACC making a presence in the med, backed by subs, for 2 reasons i believe.

One to let Turkey know that, Russia still out ranks them, and also to back up the med fleet with a strong presence.

The scary thing is, if you look at the Global movements of major country's, its like the world is getting ready for war.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
bless SYRIA and bless IRAN the savers of the ARAB world

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

For a start, Russia, is more concerned over losing Syria, then Iran are.

Russia, can't afford to lose the med base, hence the reason your seeing Russian ACC making a presence in the med, backed by subs, for 2 reasons i believe.

One to let Turkey know that, Russia still out ranks them, and also to back up the med fleet with a strong presence.

The scary thing is, if you look at the Global movements of major country's, its like the world is getting ready for war.

Just wondering, how you know ALL troop movements? Not just you but in general. By looking at the news of all countries or is there a site?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Well with a bit of research, you will see all the major players are placing there military, under the guise of traning, or what ever, but there is a unusual amount of military movement going on around the world this year, and like i said, almost like everyone is getting prepared for war ?

I may even make a thread on it tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I guess Ihave to go back to my origional question - What evidence (not speculation) is there that pins the protestors to NATO / US / Western interference? Why are the non western countries involved ignored?

What evidence? The evidence is so abundant and obvious that I personally don't believe that I have to sit here and prove it. Infact, as much as you want me to prove NATO involvement is about as much as I expect of you to prove that these are somehow natural, isolated uprisings that happen to play straight into the West's hands.

Why are non-western countries ignored? Maybe because they have legitimate reasons to being involved, excluding them from the same accusations that are in place against imperialist countries. If other arab countries are involved, then it's because it happens to be in the middle east and their alliances transcend geographical boundaries and economic zones. If Russia is involved, specifically in Syria, it's because they have military networks, arms sales, and strategic interests to protect.

If the West is involved, it's because they feel like they are world police who claim to enforce the freedoms of the weak while on the other hand they actually only replace the ruling class with Western-friendly tyrants who keep Western economies floating via third-world slave labour and cheap production lines.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Wow... are you that threatened by people asking for you to provide evidence to support your claim? Its simple - post some links to sources that show the "west" is involved. If you cant support your accusation, then maybe you should think twice before making it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Oh whole agree with you. However, I'm sure there are "some" genuine people protesting their governments mixed in the crowds confused and misguided.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Wow... are you that threatened by people asking for you to provide evidence to support your claim? Its simple - post some links to sources that show the "west" is involved. If you cant support your accusation, then maybe you should think twice before making it.

Yet again, you pull the "I need links" card out. Open your eyes and stop watching Western TV. Seriously dude, the info is everywhere and really, by this point in time, it's not really a big secret that NATO is the largest global player in state-sponsored terrorism and has been for half a century.

I find it interesting how people describe the Soviet "Iron Curtain" as some kind of ideological barrier that forced those within its borders to believe in only their version of history and current events. Personally, I was born during the collapse of the USSR but I definitely see those who still remain stuck in ideological barriers, namely the American one.

I don't even know how many times I've posted links to NATO sponsored terrorists on ATS, and I didn't count how many threads I've seen on here to confirm the same information either. Perhaps if you took a moment of your time to look on what is already accessable, you may learn something. Even try watching RT Daily; that is, if you can handle watching news that isn't funded by Wall St.

EDIT: Hell, why not even try reading a book. Here's a good one: NATO's Secret Armies: Operation GLADIO and Terrorism in Western Europe
edit on 5-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join