It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand is racist? The only black man in town was arrested!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I have friends and family that are police officers. They don't discriminate or pull people over due to color. They pull people over that have done something suspicious or have done something to break the law and if an unproportionate number of blacks get pulled over it is because they did something wrong, not because of their color.

If a cop is driving behind someone, especially when it's dark out, do you honestly believe that the police can tell the race of the driver every single time? It is highly unlikely.

Here's some food for thought, if the speed limit is 40 mph and someone is driving at 25mph the police will pull them over. I'm just saying.

Enough of the race card already, it is despicable.

You would think so.

But your love of the profession makes you biased towards the police.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

I cannot and I refuse to do that if my testimony is discard and labeled as "me playing the race card" or "the injured sparrow or me being looked upon like I really had the power to create some of these conditions."

no one is asking you to discard anything but if we wish to move forward the past must be left in the past. No one is denying that it happened. No one is denying that racism is wrong. The past is the past, let it go and move forward. Stop seeing skin colour. Stop behaving like the victim and move forward in knowledge and strength. We are one. See it. Live it. Skin colour no longer exists

We can move forward. I think one side has been trying to do that for some time now. But we cannot move forward if you refuse to acknowledge or if you are ignorant to some of the atrocities that are prevalent. Can you actually believe people threw bricks, spat on, cursed at, and violently attacked(even the police) a man that had a valuable vision and a NON-VIOLENT approach??? We did it with obama some 60-70 years later by trying toconnect him to a racist church, now saying he is supposedly apart of an organization on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. How can one man play on 2 teams in a football game???

How can we move forward when you refuse to let go of the past? Do you not realise that your refusal to let go of the past ensures that it will be repeated. Your like a nagging wife refusing to forgive your wayward husband and reminding him of his transgressions at every chance you get. That kind of behaviour only breeds animosity and will destroy the relationship.

This is like court to me, and if I am to give my testimony, it would be like you guys asking all black people to deny all the facts they have experienced, past and present. I say past because of the law of cause and effect. The sound of the injustice has echoed all the way to 2011. This is your definition of "moving forward"
There will not always be an us and them. This kind of thinking is what got us here, its not going to help us get out.

This is not court. It was judging others that got us here and judging others will not fix the problem. Perhaps you are under the misguided notion that only white people can be racist? Perhaps you believe that white people have never suffered at the hands of racism?

I will move forward when the rest of humanity is willing stand up and own up to their mistakes like men. Instead we like to behave like children and act like these things aren't around. Everyone wants to "move forward", its easy for you to say. We still have wounds, if you really wanted to move forward you would try to heal your injured brethren.

In the wise words of Dr. King " Injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere".
Peace and blessings.

I'm sorry if you have suffered... But whom excactly would you like to punish for racism? Whom would you like to hold accountable? Perhaps the K.K.K. will stand up and say "I'm sorry for being a white racist pig", or perhaps you can find it in your heart to forgive you transgressors.
Perhaps you forget that you are not the only one with "wounds", everything is relative.
Please tell me how I can help your wounds heal? I only wish to see discrimination stop.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Probably none as the native people of New Zealand are the Maori. A polynesian decendant people who arrived by canoe. But who knows these days everyone should live everywhere without the hassle's of borders and race.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

See, you still have that let it go mentality. You don't even know what it is you are asking me to let go of. I can't forget 15 years of my life, I can't forget that, my heritage, or my history. Do you hold your personal history and family story as something that can simply ignored. Do you know how insulting this sounds. You have know idea what you are asking me to. I understand as a mature adult the only to heal or to fix anything is by make the other party aware, or bringing consciousness to the situation. You have no idea and you will never know as long as you carry your arrogant pride around like a helmet. Ask a rape victim to just "move on" or an abused child to just let it go.
We have sympathy when I mention those things because they aren't associated with race which is an illusion or better yet an infection. We still haven't acknowledge the psychological damage done, yet we just should move on.?!?!

How can we move forward when you refuse to let go of the past? Do you not realise that your refusal to let go of the past ensures that it will be repeated.

No its the complete opposite. Your refusal to acknowledge my story ensures that it will be repeated, because you have yet to recognize your mistakes or the mistakes of others.

I am completely aware of the racism that can exist, but lets not act like blacks have been in any position to actually create a situation where it ensure the failure of whites. When the moors from africa invaded europe they brought street lights, universities, castles and many other things and lets not forget to mention they did this without taking a soul. When Europeans went to africa, they called the indigenous people inferior and instead of introducing a new way of life they degraded them. Historically race was a concept and theory that was introduced to indigenous people. So I know where it starts, I am able to recognize its root. What mattered in ancient times was your birthplace, it had nothing to do with skin color.

Perhaps you believe that white people have never suffered at the hands of racism?

Guess what, in the 60's black enlisted the help of everyone that felt they have been a victim of injustice. Whites marched alongside so called "blacks" and other whites threw rocks at them too. Whites were victims of racism by whites as stupid as it sounds, its true. Its not about race. A lot of people haven't figured that out yet.
I know one thing, I see people get arrested 60 and 70 years after a crime. The law and karma has no mercy.

But whom excactly would you like to punish for racism?

This is the problem, this isn't about blame, or this or them. This is about people having a clear, holistic understanding of history. Its about healing and picking up our fallen brethren. We can never move on because people are to afraid to listen and hear the truth.
Babies were being cut from pregnant women, Fathers were castrated, Women were raped and murdered, people were burned alive and hung. This was all done in front of kids and it is documented this was a regular practice among many other things used to instill fear within the slaves. Can you really expect someone to forget that?? I have a better question, and I want an honest answer, Can you honestly say with the few example mentioned above, do you believe a person/people can walk away from a wicked and atrocious scenario without any psychological damage??
You can help honestly and I'm going to say this from the heart, you can help trying to be a little more understanding and sensitive when dealing with a topic that is related to such heavy material. My great grandmother was a slave and it bothers me she worked her absolute hardest from sunrise to sunset without reasonable pay. The Ex slaves are told 'calm down' but we see the benefits of slavery in corporations that are still around to this day. The tobacco industry, precious metals, and agriculture to name a few, are leading corporations with tons to spare which would ultimately boost the economy and send it into a realm it hasn't been in yet. But pride is in the way and for some strange reason we are looking at the man on the ground like get up already, we aren't even asking him whats wrong. Without getting off of my point the only thing you can do, is not take someone's story for granted and if you want to total of anything you need to know all of which you are adding. What i'm trying say in so many words you can't have a solution until you are fully aware of a problem. You cannot be fully aware of the problem if you refuse to hear the testimony of many people or if you just discard it as "playing the race card" or "the victim". Really try to sort it out and think it through with an open mind. You would really be surprised of your new understanding.

you are not the only one with "wounds", everything is relative.

this is how we move on. I completely agree here. Let's fix and heal our wounds, by acknowledging peoples pain, not by sweeping it under the rug.
many blessings
sry for typos

edit on 5-10-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a slow night for the police so when they finally got what they thought might be a hot call they jumped on it. I think it is a little far fetched to play the race card in this incident. Not sayin he did or didnt have anything on him. Only he knows but he was searched because someone said he offered them drugs not because of the color of his skin.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

As far as one gathers from the reports it seems nobody accused him personally of offering them drugs, rather he fit the description of somebody who was dealing drugs.
What that description was is a major gap in the narrative.
If the description for example was simply the "dark" or "black" guy one can see where the confusion originated, because perhaps "black" can have multiple meanings in New Zealand.

In SA race in crime reporting is a factor that is edited out of descriptions, and the police and the media have to resort to other, more sensitive methods, or other features like surnames or dress.
He was also asked what he was doing in the country (as the only black African in his entourage), and that further feeds into a wider context of blacks as marked, unwelcome and immediately associated with crime and illegal immigration in many non-African countries.
This even goes back to theorists like Frantz Fanon and the experience of Negritude.
So one can understand how the incident can be interpreted as racist or non-racist from different vantage points.

One just hopes that in future the police look for more than one description.
Ngobeni is a senior sport journalist for SA Independent Newspapers and a VIP, but next time it might be a senior African government minister, and that would cause a real fracas.
So one hopes everybody learns from this experience and that policing in those countries reflects in action the liberal non-racism that they used to preach to South Africa.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Congratulations... you have reached the "warrior" stage of your healing process... In time this will pass and progress onto the "teacher" stage. When you reach the teacher stage of the healing you will be able to help others overcome their issues with racism. When you reach the "teacher" stage of the healing process you will be able to move on from the past and remember it as well and when you think on the past you in all your maturity will not becomecome upset or angry... You will calmly reflect on the important lessons learned and decided for yourself how you think we can best move forward... Without becoming mired in the past like a nagging housewife in a failing relationship.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

You know, my father is far more white than the whites in the area (You know what a Creole is?), and he was pulled over in a state that allows you to not allow cops to search your car on a pretext because it's an extension of your home.

At the time, he was driving a hunk of junk 80s green Mustang, and was pulled over by a just-as-white cop, in the middle of the day. Dad refused to let him search is car (the assumption was drugs because someone with his old car type (in the late 90s), was accused of selling drugs. Dad, being suspicious, suspected the cop would plant something. Cop detained him on the side of the road until 2-5 more cop cars showed up--1 with a drug dog, for over an hour, and gave him the choice of having his only working car being impounded until a warrant could be called for, or to allow them to search it then.

The odds of being able to plant drugs with so many witnesses right then and there, vs. impounding where all sorts of crud could happen, and my dad changed his mind, being forced into allowing cops to search his car--in violation of State Law. No drugs were found, of course. My father's far more law abiding than most the cops I meet (I know some really good cops).

Nor is this the only time he's had a just as stupid situation from cops. Remember, white man, daylight, obviously working in a shipyard (shipyard tan-line across his forehead). The other occasion, by the way, was with his wife and children in the car.

There is something about a job in which you are not paid enough to be shot at that requires other compensations for. Some cops get something out of SERVING their community, some get it out of SUBJUGATING their community. Subjugation does not happen ONLY TO MINORITIES. If the cop is a rotten ^$^%, then he's going to hurt anyone he can get his hands on, no matter their skin, gender, personal lifestyles. Yes, some of the rotten ones are racist...but some are just plain rotten.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Congratulations to New Zealand for winning the Rugby World Cup!

I take my hat off to a great country, and (despite many challenges) a fantastic event.

Haka before the final:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
3. Being the only black man doesn't mean he shouldn't get arrested if he committed a crime.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hi long time reader, first time poster.
Personally I find all these accusations of racism disgusting.
I mean Honestly think about it.
In the 1960's all white countries and only white countries opened their borders to massive non-white immigration.
Then governments and media told us all to "assimilate" or "mix together."
Now those same governments are telling us that by the year 2040, there won't be a single white majority nation left on the planet and that this is "good."
If this was done to all black countries and only black countries, people would quickly recognize it as the genocide it is.
"Anti-racism" is a codeword for anti-white.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
to be honest we need to drop this Trotsky control word. i think its a case of anti-racism is a code word for anti-White

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
South Africa was always called the embodiment of racism, but it seems that some Commonwealth countries are exposing their own racist history and presence with major sports events.

A South African black journalist wrote lyrically about being the only black person in a New Zealand town, and how he wanted to return with his wife.

That is until he was arrested as a drug dealer, and found himself strip-searched at a police station, and he then had to make his way back to his friends in an unfamiliar town.

Good golly, imagine SA ever did that.
What a bunch of racist scum in New Zealand?

Yeah, they used to boycott us for racism - look at them all now.

A senior South African journalist who is in New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup was taken to a police station and searched after being accused of peddling drugs in a Taupo bar. Vata Ngobeni, chief rugby writer for the Pretoria News, has labelled himself "the unlucky black man in Taupo" in a column published overnight in his newspaper. Read it here. He told the Herald the police were heavy-handed and unreasonable and the incident had soured his trip to New Zealand. Other South African journalists here for the Rugby World Cup have called the police actions racist.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

edit on 30-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

South Africa is still the most racist nation on the planet. As South Africa is one of the few(if only) nations that have a race based taxation scheme. So frankly spoken I have as much sympathy for the black South African journalist as an Israeli Jew would have for a Neo Nazi scumbag that got jumped.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join