It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand is racist? The only black man in town was arrested!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by halfoldman

It's nowhere near Europe or North America ("Western Countries") so.... Call it what you want but it's not a western Country.

I would say it's considered part of Oceania. Either way, I'd label it A South Pacific Country

edit on 30-9-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Now that I've chilled slightly, and off my soap-box, that's actually a really good question.

Generally, how I was raised in South Africa; Australia and New Zealand were seen as "Western countries".
I think a lot of that terminology had to do with colonialism and the Cold War.
But perhaps that is no longer the case.
edit on 30-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So than in essence S.A. is a Western Country.

second line

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I stand corrected. I've never viewed it as a Western Country but that is me

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Yes, to myself in my youth, South Africa and Rhodesia were "Western" countries after World War II.
We had large white settlements, fantastic cities, and flourishing farms by any modern standards.
We built roads and schools and universities, and many hospitals for all the people along Western lines.
We loved the land, and the people who were starting to develop.
We loved and conserved Africa.
But we saw the lifestyle as very Western, and we wanted to save people form the disastrous communist states flooding over the borders - but ultimately we could not.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
post removed by staff

You claim racism than call others "c-word". Shot bro. Also who the hell told you Taupo was a white only town? Ever been there?Plenty of maoris there cuz.
edit on Fri Sep 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Azador

I'm only going according to what I was told in the media.
And it was quite a big shock over here.
We honestly didn't expect that from New Zealand.

Especially a country that protests racism elsewhere, and that funded the ANC.
I mean really.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My god, why do you pathetic individuals always turn it into a 'Racist' issue? He got arrested because he was the only black in town? So much for the rainbow nation, they're still living the apartheid years.So then according to our South African friends he was arrested because he was black. The only black in town. Must be a racist thing then. Hilarious.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hahaha! Nice troll OP. A criminal was arrested for selling drugs. PERIOD Go troll your nonsense "racism" crap elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by raybies

That's a bit confusing, but according to his own testimony he feels he was arrested because he was black.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by Azador

I'm only going according to what I was told in the media.

This is ATS sharpen up mate.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Of course, Every time a black man gets arrested it's 'because he's black". The race card is played soo much it's ridiculous and it stems from a little thing called white guilt.

I know black people that do it all the time and it works more often than not because being labeled as a racist in todays society is extremely bad.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

You are the troll!

He is a top journalist with a top salary.

He was found innocent and the police even apologized.

So how can you come and say he was indeed selling drugs?

Nobody even claims this about the unfortunate incident.

You are trolling indeed, and now I'm getting very interested why people would make false claims.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Playing devils advocate, where you there to confirm he wasn't selling drugs? After all a bag of drugs was found very close to his person.

And because he is a journalist doesn't make him exempt from selling drugs. Lawyers sell drugs, doctors sell drugs, construction workers sell drugs, cashiers sell drugs, etc. see my point?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Oh sure, he was a top SA journalist who flew to New Zealand to sell drugs at a bar in a little mostly white town.
Yeah, OK, whatever.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Who's to say he didn't have a little stash on him and wanted to make some extra cash? Is he %100 drug free because he is a journalist? What if someone approached him about something and he said "why not, I can break you off a little something" Think of all the possibilities. Why do lawyers sell drugs? The make way more money than a journalist.

Point being, isn't it possible that he did have drugs, after all, he was in a different country. Finding a hookup in a different country is extremely hard so why not bring your own with you.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

Yeah, and Halfholdman is from a country that is committing White genocide on an extremely alarming rate. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I don't think this person brought drugs.

But ultimately one cannot blame associations always on racism, when often those associations are true.
The Nigerian drug-lords and some other gangs have turned parts of SA into drug slums.
This is certainly true.

I guess the associations of a group stick to an individual, like honey to a blanket.
So perhaps at least part of the responsibility should lie with people addressing the root of the problem in their own communities.

I guess that's true for Islam and terrorism, whites and racism, and gays and HIV.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laviver26
Being a New Zealander I can assure this story has blown way out of proportions. The man in question was arrested because he was suspected of selling drugs, as he matched the description given to police. He was taken to the local police station, handled with respect, and released in short time after it was clear mistaken identity had occurred. He was released with a apology from police, who after all where just doing their job, and handled it in a professional manner.

This is how NZ cops work... by the book, doing what is asked of them in their job. In saying this though, NZ does have a problem with racism just like most countries, but I can assure you it is a very small minority and not a problem within the New Zealand police force. The majority of kiwis are the most respectful and friendly human beings on this planet!
edit on 30-9-2011 by Laviver26 because: (no reason given)

Obviously no one read your post carefully .....he matched the description ....meaning he couldn't have been the only Black guy in town could he?

The OP therefore has misrepresented the facts in a grossly biased manner.

Thatnks mate you hav exposed this false thread if what you say is true.

It is shameful how ATS members are trying to portray NZ as a racist nation.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling added line

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Well one cannot take one incident as proof of racism in an entire community.
But I guess some of the comments here have been very cold to how the man must have felt, and I hardly think they would inspire confidence to any kind of international people returning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join